re: while reinstalling maw this happened ----->

Thread: re: while reinstalling maw this happened ----->

re: while reinstalling maw this happened ----->

file corrupt or unreadable : aircraft dr bf110e g4 5z76 /texture/hires/dr bf110e g4 5z76 t.dd how do i repair this ??????

Quote Originally Posted by dasgoot2002 View Post
    ... dr bf110e g4 5z76 t.dd ...
    If the file name really has a ".dd"-extension, it should be easy to fix: texture files in CFS3 should have a ".dds"-extension. Right-click the file, change the name, save and ignore the warning that changing the extension may render the file unreadable. If that does not work, it might be easier to delete the file and replace it with an uncorrupted version. I am not at home, so can't help you there at the moment.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

photo of what it says during installing maw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	350.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	88383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	350.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	88383

You may be okay....
    The underscore at the end (.dd_) is used to stop that .dds from being used
    by the .mdl file, your system is setup to use the 'lores' .dds.

So maybe not a real error, system just doesn't know what a '.dd_' is.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    You may be okay....
    The underscore at the end (.dd_) is used to stop that .dds from being used
    by the .mdl file, your system is setup to use the 'lores' .dds.

So maybe not a real error, system just doesn't know what a '.dd_' is.
    I seem to remember the same error message involving the same aircraft. I like FirestormII's explanation. What is strange is that there are a lot of hi res textures in the install using the .dd_ extension, but the 110 gets picked on.

i tried both installs ways 4 maw keep getting the same thing

???????? dont know how 2 resolve this one i'm stuck ?!.

Did the download end when it got to that a/c,
    or is that a message at the end of the download?
    Can you try to run it as it is?

re: it stopped when that screen popped up wouldnt continue

i was on last installer dr_cfs3maw_c1_v13.exe

I see, so you may have a complete download with that error if
    it didn't back off, and it does say 'Installation Completed'.

Do you have a file in Program Files and one in Users/you/AppData/roaming/microsoft/ ?
    If so can you run it or run config?
    Last edited by FireStorm II; September 14th, 2022 at 16:04.

no maw folder in appdata

didnt complete install does anyone have a gd version of maw download ??

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Don't remember ever having that problem but can see if i can send you my copy. If i can do it through google drive i"ll PM you . Regards, Scott

Don't forget about Daiwilletti's M A W 1943
    (doesn't have any dd_)

Just as a matter of interest, what did you try and install MAW on (I mean CFS3 software not hardware)?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

etc......

software was org, cfs3 disks then went 2 :
    MRJMAINT's , 1st i did the big one file ver then i try'd the single file ver both came up w that werid issue w texture i had no prob w b4 when i had my xp ser pk 3 rig ,now its win 7 64bit . werid issue still .......

did you add the 2 updates? BTW if you alreday have CFS3masic plus updates, just copy that and install MAW or whatever on top of that.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi dasgoot2002,

I've been going through the CFS3 Form archives because I know this issue has cropped up a few times.

Here is one thread:
    dmaloof
    June 14th, 2010, 06:02

Hi, i ma reinstalling MAW due to pc crash. I jeep getting this error message during the install. Any solution? Thx.

File corrupt or unreadable
    aircraft\DRBF110G4_5Z76Texture\Hires\DRBF110G4_5Z7 6_t.dd

You will have to run the utility again

italflyer
    June 16th, 2010, 17:45

seems like a corrupt file, there's a checksum somewhere to check the files for their integrity.

Old Tiger

June 17th, 2010, 01:35

seems like a corrupt file, there's a checksum somewhere to check the files for their integrity.

That happened to me when I first installed Maw, after a reinstall Maw was fine.
    :salute:

I see that Old Tiger simply tried to reinstall again and it was fine. No doubt you have tried this? Also in another thread it talked about needing to disable antivirus software when installing.

SOH-CM-2020
    .... and here is another thread on the subject. However it is hard to glean any pearls of wisdom other than an install DVD is the way to go.

highpockets
    June 20th, 2010, 09:39

Gentlemen
    I decided after some time to install MAW and give it a try, but ran into the proverbial Bf-110 texture file problem.
    I tried renistalling, but to no avail. Any help?
    Thanks

olaf1924
    June 21st, 2010, 12:51

highpockets which of the maw 110 aircraft files do you need?

loverboy1

June 21st, 2010, 14:01

i has same issue never could figure out how to download "MAW" based on this issue "

highpockets

June 21st, 2010, 14:13

The file is part of the 15 zip files I downloaded from the aussiex site. I do not think I can use an individual file. There is something missing in this file and will not allow me to complete the install.

olaf1924

June 21st, 2010, 14:43

highpockets I checked my maw install and I have your missing file, if you pm your email I will send it to you.

italflyer

June 21st, 2010, 17:50

It's not a missing file, it's a corrupt download. Download one file after another and try if the error comes up again. There was also a checksum somewhere to check the files for their integrity, don't know if it's still around....

highpockets

June 22nd, 2010, 00:21

I tried downloading three separate times and the same result. What the heck is a checksum?? How do you use it if it could be found?

Nonato

June 22nd, 2010, 01:42

HP

May be a simpler solution would be to ask someone to send you a DVD.

Cheers

N.

italflyer

June 22nd, 2010, 03:37

Checksum is a program which uses a kind of Code (a number) to check the integrity of files. And it would show which part of the download is corrupt.

Another question: where did you download it from? From the links within this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=35374& thread? They should be OK.

And one more for today: Did you patch your CFS3 to 3.1 a before installing MAW?

Cheers

highpockets

June 22nd, 2010, 07:33

I did downlaod from the SOH Aussiex site and am updated with the CFS 3.1 I may try to download again and install.

Then I may ask someone for a DVD
    Thanks

highpockets

June 23rd, 2010, 08:51

OK guys. I am ready to surrender. I reinstalled CFS 3 and updated it, tried to install files from the SOH site and still get --
    Anyone will to send me a DVD??
    I will pay

CrisGer

June 23rd, 2010, 10:26

I have files that i got from the old MAW site several years ago, and am installing now, for the first time, if they work i may be able to send you this set. let me see if it works.

I have the 1.3 version and also the installer update from 1.2 also if anyone needs that.

We will see how it goes. The new B 25 with the great desert skins got me excited.

NOPE, my install failed too

Same file missling

aircraft\DR_Bf110E_G4_5z76\texture\Hires\DR_Bf110E _G4_5z76_t.dd_

can someone please help us out with this file?

Can anyone send us a copy of this plane: DR_Bf110E_G4_5z76

it is only barely 5 MB and could be shared easily in an e mail. hopefully some kind soul will help out.

CrisGer

June 23rd, 2010, 14:16

A member here very kindly sent me the texture and the entire plane file for that plane from his install and i copied it in and replaced the existing file which was indeed missing that high rez file. but now the installer says it is damaged or it cant read it...same error. sigh.

I guess from seeing a similar post about this same error from another person, this is something that has happened before. I guess our only hope is to find a kind soul who will copy their entire install, but i dont have any idea why this happening. Does anyone have any ideas? i have no idea which of the 15 download packaged files is causing the error. I note that this plane is a creation of the MAW crew and is not in the defalt install, so it is installed by the first installer that sets up the files. Any ideas anyone? I do hope to see MAW in action but so far, no joy.

CrisGer

June 24th, 2010, 09:22

We found a set that works, and the installers complete successfully, Highpockets i hope you read this, this thread has the info...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...626#post435626

I added an update and will PM you too.

highpockets

June 25th, 2010, 09:31

This is exactly the same thread I used to D/L the other day with the same $@#&* result!
    I must be bitten by the Murphy"s Law bug!
    I will try again now.

sky pilot

June 25th, 2010, 10:01

highpockets I checked my maw install and I have your missing file, if you pm your email I will send it to you.
    I have the same thing going on so can you help me ? sky pilot airplanerc2@nwi.net

highpockets

June 25th, 2010, 10:05

Sky Pilot
    I guarantee you if I find a solution, I will let you know. A member is going to let me have his files that worked for him. I will keep you posted.:salute:

sky pilot

June 25th, 2010, 10:17

Sky Pilot
    I guarantee you if I find a solution, I will let you know. A member is going to let me have his files that worked for him. I will keep you posted.:salute:
    thanks highpockets it would make a big diff. I am sure as I tryed eight times to put it in the outher way,sky pilot

ceechow

June 25th, 2010, 10:35

Hi Pockets...you said you updated your CFS3 to 3.1 but did you update to 3.1a ? Also you need to have the CFS 3 mission builder installed before you try to install MAW... I did find a discrepancy in the file size posted here and the one listed in the MAW word Doc....see my other post,complete with pictures. I wont install until the question of mismatched file sizes in my other post is resolved.

highpockets

June 25th, 2010, 13:31

OK, I have reinstalled CFS 3, updated to 3.1 & 3.1a, D/L Mission builder, D/L from site posted here by CrisGer and still get the same corrupted file!
    I will await the files from a member.
    I am about ready to go back to my CFS 2 MTO install!

ceechow

June 25th, 2010, 14:22

Really odd, Pockets...My guess it's file number 15 as this file.dr_cfs3maw_c1_v1.3.D15 is NOT the same size as the one shown in the installation word document for maw...the one downloaded from here is 427 KB larger then the one shown in the instructions....Meh....it's only 427 KBs what could possibly be wrong with that file?

highpockets

July 12th, 2010, 12:51

A member graciously sent me an install disk and I AM FLYING IN MAW !!!
    Thanks to all of your for your help. Now that I am flying, "I'll be baack" with more questions I'm sure. :mixedsmi:

Talon

July 12th, 2010, 13:16

Good to hear Highpockets.I'm sure you'll enjoy it.I haven't had much time to fly it lately because I'm working on the PTO update plus doing work on the Pearl addon.

Talon

Members who have read this thread: 0