Messerscmitt Bf109E compared

Thread: Messerscmitt Bf109E compared

Messerscmitt Bf109E compared

With the release of the Bf109 E-1 by Team Daedalus I though it was time to compare the ones I have installed with the real thing.

The picture of the captured Bf109 E, shows lines of this aircraft quite good. Check the size of the pilot, the size and shape of the canopy and the length of the nose.

Not an Emil, but the Dora, which had the same fuselage. It is the model by Shessi and I think it has one of the best modelled fuselages. A very nice model in general with a nice VC.

The most recent released Bf109 Es, the E-1 by Team Daedalus. I like it and think the shape of the fuselage is very nicely done.

This one has been one of my favourites for a long time. The E-7 by Akemi. I think the shape of the fuselage is very well done, however the pilot is a bit small and skinny. The canopy looks a bit at the large side.

One of the best known Bf109 Emil models. The WWII fighters model by A2A/Shockwave. The nose seems a bit too short and the fuselage a bit too narrow. In general a very "atmospheric" model with a absolutely beautiful VC.

Perhaps a not very well known model The Bf109 E-4 by FSFrance (Pierre Marchadier). Not a really great model, but the the only model with the Goertz aiming device, as used by Adolf Galland. I thought it would perhaps do nicely as AI. But the model didn't like to fly as AI.

The Bf109 E collection by A.F. Scrub. I think the model is based on the orginal CFS2 model by Aeroplane Heaven, which made it even into an FS2004 version at the end of its life. The original model wasn't that bad, however it was missing some parts. The Scrub version is an altered version, but with the same missing parts and in general the same errors.

And of course the FS2004 model of the Emil by Aeroplane Heaven. As said for the Scrub model, the model is actually quite nice, however there are some parts missing and the canopy is too large and the nose seems to be a bit on the short side. The model has some disturbing errors, but is of course based on a model which was actually developed for CFS2. When you fly it from the cockpit the VC is actually still quite nice.

And a picture from the successor of the Emil, the Friederich. Here the very nicely done payware model by Flight Replicas (Mike Flahault) again it shared the fuselage with its predecessor except of course for the cowlings.I personally think the size of the pilot is perfect.

As always there is not a best or worst, They all have their stronger and weaker points. A lot of skill and love has been poured in these models by their developers. So enjoy them all like I do!

Cheers,
    Huub

A good round-up there Huub, ive been camping for 10 days and the first thing i checked when i came back was the new entries, I have the WW2Fighters version, but those Team Daedalus E's look very strong and i ll defiantly give them a go

Update, ive just had a flight, i missing a few gauges in VC, but the exterior model is absolutely spot on, it will stay in my hanger for sure
    Last edited by ian elliot; September 15th, 2022 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Update, ive just had a flight, i missing a few gauges in VC, but the exterior model is absolutely spot on, it will stay in my hanger for sure
    I have the same problem with the VC Ian, but haven't been able to look into it. I also considered to try to put the gauges from the WWII fighters in. I concur with you that the external model from the Team Daedalus is indeed very good.

The pictures of the Dora and Friederich models were added to show that the somewhat rounder fuselage shape in the engine area of the Team Daedalus is the more logical one, when you realise the Emil was just the step between those two models.

Cheers,
    Huub

Nicely done comparison. Thaks for sharing.
    NormB

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I have the same problem with the VC Ian, but haven't been able to look into it. I also considered to try to put the gauges from the WWII fighters in. I concur with you that the external model from the Team Daedalus is indeed very good.

The pictures of the Dora and Friederich models were added to show that the somewhat rounder fuselage shape in the engine area of the Team Daedalus is the more logical one, when you realise the Emil was just the step between those two models.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,

As for the VC missing gauges, same for me.
    All the E models have some engine instruments displayed on the right side of the VC while all others are missing.
    All the F models are lacking VC instruments at all.

Facts : I checked the panel.cfg, All VC gauges are properly listed in [VC.xx] section. I double checked I have all the gauges files inside my gauges repertory.
    Weird.. I'll keep investigating.

Otherwise, the news E & F series of Team Daedalus are amongst the best external models available, they did an awesome work

Cheers
    L'iguane

I dont get that hung up on VC's to be fair, as long as i have a degree of situational awareness, im good. I do a lot of flying in spot mode so the external model is important to me, and the TD model ticks all the box's

Huub, re. your comment about the Akemi pilot being "small and skinny". The pilot in that photo of DG200 was Rolls-Royce test pilot Harvey Heyworth who was a shade over 6 foot tall, which is why there is no cockpit hood as it had to be removed so he could fit; they actually "mislaid" the hood and it was never replaced when it went to 1426 Flight, flew on without it until retirement in 1943.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=aa626...AxLnBkZg&ntb=1
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1