SwissMilSim Vampire out

Thread: SwissMilSim Vampire out

SwissMilSim Vampire out

https://www.mailsoft.com/pi/Neuheiten/venom-msfs.html
    Downloading now
    Also at Simmarket but I went for mailsoft to try them out...link says Venom but it's the Vampire...

EDIT: Quick summary... I like it Needs some work on cockpit textures and doesn't look like all of the knobs work but not read the manual or had more than 5 minutes to fly.
    Doesn't want to slow down for landing, probably need to lose speed in the circuit before descending, maybe FM needs improving,
    Only swiss repaints (and cockpit textures) hopefully many more will come soon...
    No weapons (yet) promised for 'later'
    Last edited by keithb77; August 8th, 2022 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Paintkit ?
    No sign, hopefully soon...

Comprehensive manual

I picked it up from Simmarket. The model overall isn't bad, I agree the VC textures and texture are hopelessly outdated leaving me to believe this model was ported from previous versions? It flies pretty nice, was predictable and stable. The sound file is nice but likely another port over. Kind of underwhelmed by this model overall. If I had seen the full VC before, I probably would not have bought it until they updated it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any screenshots of the VC, by the way ?
    All screenshots on the vendors websites are taken by night, making then useless to evaluate the quality of the modelling...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    All screenshots on the vendors websites are taken by night, making then useless to evaluate the quality of the modelling...
    On the official forum
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...e-out/535399/5

I'd say the modelling is good but the textures are a bit old-school...but then it's an old school aircraft and they've gone for a very used look, with access to museum Vampires.
    Works well in VR
    Only Swiss aircraft so all instruments metric

Anyone who thinks each new aircraft should advance the state-of-the-art will be disappointed, but if you consider the historicity of the thing...I've been watching and reading about Vampires for 50 years - to be actually sitting in a historically correct Vampire cockpit in 3D and to 'fly' it, my 15-year old self would never have believed it...

As I suspected landing needs planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1295293
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thanks a lot to both of you for the links to the VC pictures

@ZoltB: Ulrichen ? I installed and gave a try to the freeware version just yesterday, nice coincidence And yes, that airfield is really a blast, I love taxiing to these two hangars on the other side of the river

Yes, Swiss airports are wonderful
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I think it's important to consider visual fidelity, audio fidelity, and flight modeling as separate scales. Visually, SwissMilSim is substandard. In most other areas however, they seem to make very good aircraft. It's ok to admit something looks like a port or a 15-year-old addon, and it's ok to hold developers to a higher standard in those areas without diminishing the great work they do in other areas. No sense in pretending that admitting an addon isn't great looking is a knock against the entire addon or developer, that's silly. As a fan of their D.3801, and a huge fan of this aircraft IRL, I'll very likely be picking this up soon.

I liked their Vampire in P3D, but I REALLY want their Venom in FS2020. Let's hope they get their issues really sorted for that release. A top notch Venom for FS2020 would be wonderful!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I liked their Vampire in P3D, but I REALLY want their Venom in FS2020. Let's hope they get their issues really sorted for that release. A top notch Venom for FS2020 would be wonderful!

Kent
    I would like to purchase the P3D version
    Do you have parking objects? (ribbons, covers)?
    Pilot removable in parking position?

Zsolt

The modelling, texture work and audio are absolutely abysmal in this thing, we've seen better FS2004 freeware than this. The amount of items in the cockpit that are not modeled, but instead replaced with a 2d texture is baffling. It's 2022, why are we doing this? Asking 30 bucks for this thing is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    I would like to purchase the P3D version
    Do you have parking objects? (ribbons, covers)?
    Pilot removable in parking position?

Zsolt
    Zsolt...it's been a good year to year and a half since I have had it installed. I do not believe it has parking objects (chocks, ribbons, covers)-- you can actually download the manual for free from their website, and I saw no evidence of parking objects other than a starter jeep. I also did not see that the pilot is removable.

Hope that helps.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    The modelling, texture work and audio are absolutely abysmal in this thing, we've seen better FS2004 freeware than this. The amount of items in the cockpit that are not modeled, but instead replaced with a 2d texture is baffling. It's 2022, why are we doing this? Asking 30 bucks for this thing is embarrassing.
    It's miles better than a certain "exterior only" abomination that people still buy. Apparently, some people care more about looking at the outside than looking around the "office." Caveat emptor certainly applies here too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's miles better than a certain "exterior only" abomination that people still buy. Apparently, some people care more about looking at the outside than looking around the "office." Caveat emptor certainly applies here too.
    Unfortunately, the office is awful quality in this one as well. I hope another dev can do this one justice eventually.

I've put in a lot of time flying and painting their Vampire so I'll doubtless get the Venom too, challenging visuals but nobody else will do one...
    Interesting snippet
    But we will also have to count with the vacations of the Microsoft Marketplace team which have just started, and will end..., in mid January...!
    Hopefully they will release elsewhere earlier

Also from Mailsoft slightly cheaper (and no danger of the Simmarket app) OTOH download going VERY slow
    https://www.mailsoft.com/pi/Microsof...-112-msfs.html

I see more repainting in the near future

Members who have read this thread: 1