Cyprus

Thread: Cyprus

Cyprus

I have been updating my Greek/Med scenery with Toni Agramont's Cyprus scenery. But all port areas seem to be missing a texture. Any ideas what might fix this? Thank,

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Library Staff
    Hi Steve,
    The missing texture might be in his Normandy & Channel Islands scenery package.
    Kevin

Ok, thanks KD!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

No clue, I installed as is and I have the dock textures, but missing some tower block textures. It's never easy, LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_001.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	356.9 KB 
ID:	88084
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_003.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	88085

Didn't seem to have any effect. Here's Guenersey. Some item in Toni's scenery is missing.

Library Staff
    Here's mine in CFS2. You can see there are two textures involved. If I can work out which BGL file it is, I'll let you know what they are. Either way, they certainly don't blend in well with the surrounding terrain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guensey.jpg  

Thanks KD, that would be great!

Library Staff
    Steve, they appear to be Apron_fs9.bmp and Apron_fs92.bmp which are both in the pack.

There are a mixture of texture sizes, some 86.3 KB and some 86.4 KB. These two are 86.3 KB. I have struck this before - sometimes 86.3 KB textures won't display.

You could try resizing them or changing them to extended bitmaps.

Good luck!
    Kevin

Thanks, I will try.

Nope, no joy with trying to manipulate the tiles. Funny thing though, when I installed this same scenery, Guenersey and Cyprus, in my Silver Wings install both appeared like they should. All texture's in both GW and SW seemed the same!? So something changed with GW3. I just haven't found what it is. At least they work in SW.

Library Staff
    That's good news, although strange. Perhaps comparing the graphics settings may give a clue.

My test was in Golden wings. Now as I understand to simplify making a gazillion airports look period, some taxiway/apron textures were deleted or changed in GW. This is what leads to scenery developers having to sometimes release GW specific Afcads depending on which surface textures they utilise. SW does not do this as it is a halfway house between GW and stock, utilising other features of GW, etc, but not all the airport texture changes. This might be something to do with the differences between both results. If the textures are present in both, I would suggest looking at their alpha channels.

Members who have read this thread: 0