Searching for an FDE

Thread: Searching for an FDE

Searching for an FDE

More specifically, if anyone is a fan of Ito's Avia Accord201 and has something better than the default FDE it came with, I would love to have it. I have only two right now. . .the one it was released with (which Ito San admitted isn't correct) or one done by a member many moons ago that is way too fast and difficult to handle as a hand flyer.

Any help would be appreciated. . .Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I don't have that aircraft but looking at the size and engine type have you tried substituting the FDE (both the .air file and the data in the aircraft.cfg file below the paint data) from Craig Richardson's freeware Dornier Do28A or Do28B.

They look about the same in terms of size and function and might suit your needs.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I don't have that aircraft but looking at the size and engine type have you tried substituting the FDE (both the .air file and the data in the aircraft.cfg file below the paint data) from Craig Richardson's freeware Dornier Do28A or Do28B.

They look about the same in terms of size and function and might suit your needs.
    Perfect Larry!! A few other sections I want to move over (flaps for sure and probably the sounds set as well). A lot of problems with the original FDE, (trim, AP hold, sounds, speed, etc). This one is perfect. . .thanks for the HU.

Current System Specs:

The concern I have with the Do-28 would be the thrust line and pitch changes with power.

Also very similar to the Avia is the original G-44 Widgeon which has high-mounted engines, similar weights and performance. There's the Joe Binka Ranger-powered G-44 (grumwidg.zip) at FlightSim for 2004. Watch out for most of the "updated" ones that changed the cfg. to represent the 270 HP flat-six Lycomings.
    With any of those though you will have a tail dragger.

The BN-2 Islander is a bit heavier but the early variants might be close in pwr/wt ratios and have a nosewheel already set up

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    The concern I have with the Do-28 would be the thrust line and pitch changes with power.

Also very similar to the Avia is the original G-44 Widgeon which has high-mounted engines, similar weights and performance. There's the Joe Binka Ranger-powered G-44 (grumwidg.zip) at FlightSim for 2004. Watch out for most of the "updated" ones that changed the cfg. to represent the 270 HP flat-six Lycomings.
    With any of those though you will have a tail dragger.

The BN-2 Islander is a bit heavier but the early variants might be close in pwr/wt ratios and have a nosewheel already set up
    Thanks Rob. I'll look into those when I return on Sunday!

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1