Mach Loop

Thread: Mach Loop

Mach Loop

I went looking on the map along the coast of Wales for the Mach Loop for a little low level fun. I'm pretty sure I found the right terrain, but the road and stream mapping is so far off that it makes it difficult to be sure I'm going up through the proper passes and back down the right valleys. Has anyone ever mapped it out for a training mission?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Hi Andy, I did make some textures for Snowdonia, they may be in the BoB install. If not I'll dig them out for you.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Thanks, I'll take a look in BoB.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes, BoB and ETO both look a lot better than the default, but the roads and streams still cut cross the terrain in odd ways that can throw the VFR navigation landmarks off in ways that make the high speed, low level loop tough to accomplish.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Cool idea Andy, had never occurred to me to try it in the sim. We should probably fly it at 2x time compression to bring us up to what they fly the route at now.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Yes, BoB and ETO both look a lot better than the default, but the roads and streams still cut cross the terrain in odd ways that can throw the VFR navigation landmarks off in ways that make the high speed, low level loop tough to accomplish.
    I know XJouve did a lot of terrain work for the OFF crowd. I sometimes use his mesh. I don't know if he ever had a go at making the changes to get the streams to conform with the terrain better. Apparently it is not a symmetrical offset, it is greater in one corner than in another. I thought the other day that streams just north of Nice seem to align better to the terrain than further north, but it was only a subjective observation in passing.

Blog Entries
    Snowdon is in the 'places' folder but it's missing the corresponding facility files so won't show up unfortunately.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 1