42VA Military Aviation Museum

Thread: 42VA Military Aviation Museum

42VA Military Aviation Museum

starting to develop scenarios, I did a lot in FSX and P3d and it was a matter of time to start in MSFS, I made this scenario for FSX P3d and now for sure MSFS, 42VA Military Aviation Museum is one of the places I like to fly the most, of course I still have a lot to learn, but little by little we are getting better

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Congratulations Mario. Looks good! I'm just entertaing the idea of learning how to create scenery in MSFS. I made airports for both FS9, FSX. I enjoyed it. Remember Gmax? Ha! I'm still hanging on to the old sessions, I can't bring myself to delete them even after 20 years! A lot of learning and frustration went into them, but ultimately the successes felt pretty good. Keep up the good work!

Nice idea, like it! TY.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you for working on this Mario.

I hope this gets completed and shared.

My son and daughter live just down the road from there and I've enjoyed several wonderful visits at that fine museum. They have quite an interesting collection of WWI, WWII and some other unusual historical; artifacts. Well worth a visit for anyone travelling to Va Beach.

KB

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mario. I still haven't crossed over. Tried it once but nothing would work. I have yet to try again. You are better than I am when it comes to overcoming scenery inertia.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2024

Curious for me

I started doing scenery right off the bat, but have yet to do a repaint for MSFS and you guys know I did beaucoup for FSX and FS9. I got frustrated when I noticed MSFS had Tuck Airport (a rather small airport) in South Boston, VA correct with all hangers, yet my home town, which is a Regional Airport, Danville Regional Airport in Danville, VA, had nothing more than runways and taxiways, plus all parking areas, but not one structure, NOT ONE! I started watching YouTube Video on adding scenery to MSFS using the Developer's Kit. Took me a while, I'm old, but the old dog learn some new tricks. After I did KDAN, I noticed Blue Ridge Airp[ort west of Martinsville, was the same, only runways and taxiways, no structures. So I did that one too. If any of you live in the area and want them, they are at MSFS.to.

BTW Mario, been to that museum too, great work.

Very nice! A great place to visit, and only 30 minutes from home. Looking forward to your release.

with a great help to resume work on 42VA, hangars replaced tower now in place, I added some aircraft, but we are accepting sujestoes

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Looking good, Mario! The Military Aviation Museum is one of the top locations I'd like to visit in reality, and having followed that museum closely for many years, I can quickly recognize all of the building structures that you have faithfully recreated - the main museum hangars, the recreated WWI hangars, the original Luftwaffe Cottbus hangar, the original control tower from RAF Goxhill, etc. I think the selection of static aircraft looks good too. With regard to statics, personally I like when there are just two or three neatly/purposely parked on the ramp, looking like they may have been pulled out of the hangar to be flown later or earlier in the day (rather than a full collection). I also like when the statics are actually the same types of aircraft that the museum actually owns.

Members who have read this thread: 0