FSX/P3D Boeing C-40A VR-58 US Navy Reserve Squadron package

Thread: FSX/P3D Boeing C-40A VR-58 US Navy Reserve Squadron package

FSX/P3D Boeing C-40A VR-58 US Navy Reserve Squadron package

It works okay in P3D 4 and 5 however, when I loaded the mdl I saw some ground support equipment (animated) that did not appear in either P3D 4 or 5.
    Perhaps the GSE files were missing.

The nose wheel tires are slightly above the ground in P3D 4 and 5 - Wonder how or if they could be lowered just a bit.

It can be downloaded here

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-160-21

This package was assembled by a Chris Evans. Sure would like to get in touch with him and find out more about the missing ground support equipment.

Missing GSE gear

In MCDX you can see the animated GSE gear that doesn't show in any of the flight sims. Maybe some missing files....

H, Butch! Didya check here: Including utility for ground services, Passenger bus, cargo, stairs, refueling truck etc (find it under - Views - Instrument panel - Util) ?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

It's not there to be found. I read the readme on that and went looking for it in the views dropdown, Not there - Wonder if that is an FSX thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    H, Butch! Didya check here: Including utility for ground services, Passenger bus, cargo, stairs, refueling truck etc (find it under - Views - Instrument panel - Util) ?

That's odd! Do other aircraft have an Instrument panel view from that drop-down? What happens if you choose Panel only view? It could be an FSX thing only!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Panel only view = blsck screen - that's with any aircraft selected. (P3D V4)

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    That's odd! Do other aircraft have an Instrument panel view from that drop-down? What happens if you choose Panel only view? It could be an FSX thing only!

I think that Panel only view is for 2D panels and a lot of aircraft don't have or use them hence a black screen. Does that sound plausible?

This link may shed some light on the 2D panel view.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14172

SOH-CM-2022

Check the visibility conditions

In MCX check out what the visibility conditions are for the ground equipment.

That will tell you how they are triggered. If it is a conversion from an FS 9 model it is possible that the trigger didn't get converted correctly.

As for the nose gear, you should be able to adjust the height of the wheel in the aircraft.cfg file. Look for the contact points section and adjust the co-ordinates slightly to lower the touch point.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post

That will tell you how they are triggered. If it is a conversion from an FS 9 model it is possible that the trigger didn't get converted correctly.

As for the nose gear, you should be able to adjust the height of the wheel in the aircraft.cfg file. Look for the contact points section and adjust the co-ordinates slightly to lower the touch point.

Gavin
    I didn't find any modeldef.xml for this aircraft. From what I have googled, the visibility conditions would be in modeldef.xml file which is not present.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post

Gavin
    I found and changed the contact point for the nose gear. Looks better now. Thanks

point.0 = 1, 44.85, 0.00, -8.45, 1600, 0, 1.11, 75, 0.35, 2.89, 0.85, 6.0, 6.0, 0, 206.8, 281.6 //Nose >>>> Changed to the value in red
    ///point.0 = 1, 44.85, 0.00, -9.70, 1600, 0, 1.11, 75, 0.35, 2.89, 0.85, 6.0, 6.0, 0, 206.8, 281.6 //Nose ... >>>> original value (black bold)

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I didn't find any modeldef.xml for this aircraft. From what I have googled, the visibility conditions would be in modeldef.xml file which is not present.
    modeldef.xml is a file that is used by MCX (and other modelling packages), it is not part of the model.
    You can create a modeldef.xml that contains the animations for the model you are looking at by pressing the modeldef.xml editor button in MCX.
    You can then edit the xml and add your visibility condition and assign it to the GSE equipment.

This for example is a simple visibility condition that makes things visible when the parking brake is on.
    Code:
    <!-- Parking brake on visibility -->
      <PartInfo>
        <Name>custom_vis_Parking_Brake</Name>
        <Visibility>
          <Parameter>
            <Code>(A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION:1, percent) 90 &gt; if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>
          </Parameter>
        </Visibility>
      </PartInfo>
    You probably want to make the GSE code more complex than that so you are going to need to start learning the joys of XML coding.

good luck.
    Gavin

Members who have read this thread: 2