Has this one been done?

Thread: Has this one been done?

Has this one been done?

I came across this wallpaper and thought it looked familiar. Has this one been done for the A2A 109?

Cees

I really can't tell Cees. There are so many repaint done for this model, so "most likely" is the closest I can get.

The aircraft is from 9./JG51 and it carries the insignia of III Gruppe JG51 "Axt von Niederrhein" under the canopy. The aircraft made a successful belly landing on a French beach during the summer of 1940 after which it was written off.

I did some quick searches in our library but nothing came up. The main problems are the difference in notation. And some artists release packages with repaints for this model, without a detailed overview of what the package contains.

Cheers,
    Huub

I've done a quick and dirty repaint. I doubt wether it's historically accurate, but I like it.

Cees

I'm not sure about the yellow on the upper surfaces. But it indeed is a nice scheme.

Cheers,
    Huub

Beautiful paint job!

That yellow on topside of wings is certainly an interesting item. I was also wondering but then, assuming the restorers of a similar airplane were correct in their work, it looks like yellow on top is authentic:

https://vintageaviationecho.com/bf109e/

That article^^^^^ by John Romain on the 109E's idiosyncrasies,handling characteristics and engine/propeller management certainly gives food for thought when having a go with the WOP/A2A 109E.

I've heard before that 109's of any flavour don't like hard runways,grass is far better for takeoff and landing
    with them.

Members who have read this thread: 0