Problem with DX9

Thread: Problem with DX9

Icon5 Problem with DX9

I'm having problems with the DX9, whenever I press the FLY NOW! in Free Flight I have a black screen and I have to finish FSX in the task manager. I've seen that this only happens with full screen and doesn't happen with DX10 preview. I believe I have installed all the updated drivers and my system has a good configuration. I use Windows 11 but I've also seen from another computer that this is not a problem. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem in order to be able to use DX9?

Have you tried FSX let to recreate new fsx.cfg? Make backup of original fsx.cfg file and remove earlier and let sim create new one.
    You can also try to install older graphics driver, if this issue came after you installed latest drivers. Also reinstall DirectX_redist (full package).

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Have you tried FSX let to recreate new fsx.cfg? Make backup of original fsx.cfg file and remove earlier and let sim create new one.
    You can also try to install older graphics driver, if this issue came after you installed latest drivers. Also reinstall DirectX_redist (full package).
    Thanks for the tip, ToniJH. I tried that but it didn't work, I'm already losing hope of using DX9 and trying to get used to DX10 even with its problems.

My setup is FSX via Steam, DX10 selected in the menu. To that is added Steve"s DX10Fixer (payware). It runs flawlessly and has quite a few options to tailor it to your system. The most outstanding benefits are sharper graphics overall, and moving shadows inside and outside of the aircraft, including moving ground shadows. I would gladly show you pics from the screen, but my photo program cannot, literally, translate the high resolution to postable photographs. In my opinion, DX10 was what the creators of had intended to be published, had they not run out of time and support from Microsoft in mid-2006.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    My setup is FSX via Steam, DX10 selected in the menu. To that is added Steve"s DX10Fixer (payware). It runs flawlessly and has quite a few options to tailor it to your system. The most outstanding benefits are sharper graphics overall, and moving shadows inside and outside of the aircraft, including moving ground shadows...
    hi downwind, I installed DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.3 which I found for free and it greatly improved the experience with DX10, but it bothers me about the Instant Replay difference between DX9 and DX10. Surely Payware must be better than this version I got (still Freeware) but do you think it would make a difference in Instant Replay?

maybe take a look here for your original problem

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-cfbe3c49d930

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0