Local Legends #5 Available Now - Beechcraft Model 18 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Local Legends #5 Available Now - Beechcraft Model 18

Does it include this paint? If not I will take it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    It doesn't.
    This repaint would be appreciated and the sound from the original too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    @JanKees

I have a great one for ya!!!!!
    mmm, not the most flattering paintscheme I think, I'll see

meanwhile I'm working on these:
    jk4675 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4640 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post

That's Matt's plane. Watch his videos. Younkin Airshows.

Don

jk4854 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4845 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4851 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

jk4892 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4895 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    jk4892 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4895 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Nice set.
    Keep the paint brushes rolling
    T43

3 more paints just uploaded:
    jk4938 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4924 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4847 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Some of these repaints are missing the black antiglare paint on the inner-facing upper half of the cowlings. In the case of the Dutch Navy C-45, that extended to the nacelles too. It appears all of the Dutch Navy C-45s were also painted silver, rather than being left bare metal. The USAF and Dutch Navy paint schemes also always seemed to have the big red stripe and stencils on the nose, warning of the prop arcs

I'm currently working on a repaint of my favorite example flying today, Beechcraft SNB-5 N12718, featuring a bit more polish than the stock Carenado paint schemes, and a little more definition between the metal and the silver-painted sections, such as the control surface fabric.

Very nice, Jan Kees! I'm a sucker for day-glo orange on airplanes!

(So I'm gonna love that DC-3 when it hits the sim...)

Picked up the Twin Beech this evening. Switched out the soundset before even loading it up thanks to you all. Fired up the VR and did a few hops at KRAL and KCNO. Most fun I've had in the sim in awhile. Visually this airplane is as realistic looking as I've seen in the sim. The rivets and details are stunning. It was nice to just sit back and fly rather than the developing I've been doing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some of these repaints are missing the black antiglare paint on the inner-facing upper half of the cowlings. In the case of the Dutch Navy C-45, that extended to the nacelles too. It appears all of the Dutch Navy C-45s were also painted silver, rather than being left bare metal. The USAF and Dutch Navy paint schemes also always seemed to have the big red stripe and stencils on the nose, warning of the prop arcs
    Ha, as always John, your expertise is amazing!
    I've updated the USAF one:
    jk4947 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4948 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and was working on the Dutch one when my Photoshop crashed, before I could save things, really annoying..
    jk4959 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4990 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4994 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Beautiful repaints everybody! I love the lines of this one.

I apologize for my usual request, but…anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FDC220DF-7E7F-4C3D-8696-0F340CF70B90.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	87692

maybe..but first:
    RM57-08 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Does anyone know how I can remove the registration number from the side? Thanks.

reg number by Doug Smith, on Flickr

EDIT: Ok, using ModelXConverter I was able to identify the registration title, and found the sections in the panel.cfg. When I apply the " /// " in front of the entry,I loose the font, but the large white background still remains. That is still a mystery to me. Can't locate any registration number background material. So then, how would I include this change in a repaint upload? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Fnerg; June 23rd, 2022 at 07:10.

Leave the atc_id in the aircraft.cfg file empty?

Leave the atc_id in the aircraft.cfg file empty?
    No luck. Background is gone, font remains. Thanks for the suggestion Jankees, I'll have to mess with it later. Going to be late for work! Dangit. lol

Make a copy of one of my files, adapt everthing to your paint and you should be right. I had a similar thing, but forgot how I solved it. I did solve it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Does anyone know how I can remove the registration number from the side? Thanks.

reg number by Doug Smith, on Flickr

EDIT: Ok, using ModelXConverter I was able to identify the registration title, and found the sections in the panel.cfg. When I apply the " /// " in front of the entry,I loose the font, but the large white background still remains. That is still a mystery to me. Can't locate any registration number background material. So then, how would I include this change in a repaint upload? Any help is appreciated.
    This may be misunderstanding the question but, when you go into aircraft selection in MSFS, isn’t there a customization menu that allows you to choose the N number, or leave it blank?

maybe..but first:
    RM57-08 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Nice! And thanks for the consideration. 😃

Leaving the registration blank (I think) just lets the sim place a default, like ASXGS. I've never tried it, but maybe putting in just a space might do the trick?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I solved the issue, it seems that when I put the entry like this - atc_id = " " with space between the quotations, the serial was gone, however, initially I had 3 spacebar presses between the quotations, and the sim hung on startup. Tried to launch a few times, stalled before the home screen every time. Removed the repaint, no problem, started perfectly. Went then to 2 spacebars, and MSFS started, no registration number or background. Thank you for the suggestion Tom you were right, and Jankees thanks for showing me how. A space...wow.

I don't often use autopilot systems, but having seen some posts where people were confused about how to use the autopilot system in this Beech 18, I thought it worth sharing this very helpful video that I saw today. It is impressive just how much functionality there is!

Members who have read this thread: 1