Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth?

Thread: Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth?

Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth?

Anyone any news on this little wonder's status?

(A word from Anthony would be wholeheartedly appreciated)

He's working on it and will be sooner or later . Im waiting for this bird too.

btw.
    https://msfsaddons.com/2022/03/20/an...moth-for-msfs/
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh, I would LOVE to see that gem in MFS!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Judging from his posts over at FSDeveloper, sounds like it's not very far off. Looking forward to this one myself.

FYI. From Anthony:

Bad things happen when you run out of oil.

I've co-opted the new MSFS fuel system to incorporate oil consumption. You can set the rate at which a particular fuel line operates so you can control how much oil is consumed. You need to do a bit of fiddling with the fuel valves and what not but once you have it setup you can set up a engine failure if the oil level drops too much.

I've also used WASM gauge to save the fuel and oil levels and reinject them into the plane when it loads so the levels can be persistent from one flight to the next if the user wishes.

Also, did you know a Tiger Moth can keep running at full throttle for about 13 seconds after turning off the fuel? As the fuel cutoff is at the bottom of the tank there is still a lot of fuel in the lines and this can keep the engine running long after the fuel has been cutoff. This has been simulated using the new MSFS fuel system as you can set the volume of the fuel lines.

I just need to delete the Oil section from the Payload section as it's now part of the Fuel system.

We are waiting!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I usually wait for reviews, but knowing the quality of Anthony Lynch's work, it will be a 'day one' for me. No doubts at all.

Whee! A gotta have, on day one!

Yep, this’ll be a purchase for me as soon as it’s released.
    I wonder if Ant will include the Royal Navy silver/orange trainer livery, the same as he produced for the FSX version? It’d be great if he does! ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Personally I hope that he is on final way to release it .

Oh man, that thing is going to get so much air time in my sim!

The new screensot.

In 4K :

she looks stunning

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    I wonder if Ant will include the Royal Navy silver/orange trainer livery, the same as he produced for the FSX version?
    If you're referring to the silver + dayglo scheme that was actually a repaint by a certain 3rd party...

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

anyone know who did the Canuck livery? - white over red with the woodpecker on the cowl ? that was a favorite of mine back in the FSX days
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    If you're referring to the silver + dayglo scheme that was actually a repaint by a certain 3rd party...

Andy

Hi Andy,
    Yes indeed, the very same!!!
    ChipShop

A quick question Andy, have you any idea what the textures will look like? As I recall, you made the original repaint for PD3, and the orange dayglo you said could look a little garish from certain angles.
    Do you think it might be a similar case with MSFS?
    ChipShop

VC is 100% ready . I hope, this Summer too .

New look.

STOP THAT!!!

Tremendous Tantalus Torture ! Makes for heavy withdrawal symptoms!!

Just kidding.. ( actually i'm not, really... ;-)

Where do you get these mouthwatering screenies, Yoyo ??.... Are you in contact with Anthony perhaps ? (only MSFS Ultralight at his website.. )

Any ETA that you might know of ? Losing more hair everytime you post a picture of Ant's fabulous looking MSFS Tiggie !

Anyway Merci Beaucoup ! Keep 'em coming nontheless !

I know, it just adds more appetite, me too. I think its close to release (he's polishing the model), however I didnt notice any ETA fron Anthony side. I think it will be in September (maybe, 2nd part ot this month). Many devs now are waiting to final version of MSFS SU10 to release the model compatible with this update I suppose. I'm just guessing but it could be the true.

Thanks mon ami !

As much as i enjoy reading up about the forthcoming 40th anniversary extravaganza i do very much enjoy news about Ant's forthcoming Tigermoth too ! Only has been my fav biplane ever since he released the initial freeware version ! ( got the FSX version working in MSFS, combined payware/freeware version to get the sound working)

Immidiately loved that he added the animated head of the passenger/student in the front seat. (including correct 1936 RAF Type B flying helmet). Deffinately THE most satisfactory way of simulating you are not alone here flying the Tiggie (as opposed to what it would be in a side-by-side cockpit..). And personally i wouldn't mind at all if Anthony might think of taking that a step further by expanding the head animation. And it would really make (atleast) *my* dream come true if he would add an animated white scarf flapping about in the prop wash...

NOTAD (Note To Aircraft Devs): if you can lively up an MSFS aircraft (especially a biplane!), by all means, please do so !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    And it would really make (atleast) *my* dream come true if he would add an animated white scarf flapping about in the prop wash...
    I agree!!

Members who have read this thread: 0