AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Thread: AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Hybrid View

AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Ok, looks like me must wait a little longer for DC-3 of AH but they will bring to us something new:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9yZiu4.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	87626

Im having his "Chipmunk"l for P3D.

(btw. see the word "very" in the title )

Mod edit for purchase link: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_chipmunk.php
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; June 24th, 2022 at 14:02.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

(btw. see the word "very" in the title)
    Excellent news but I'd have been even happier if the "very" had been between "the" and "poor" than between "coming" and "soon"...

Still we can't have everything!

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Im having his "Chipmunk"l for P3D
    Same here.
    Years ago I completed my tailwheel differences training in the Chippy so this news made my day 👍

Quote Originally Posted by apollon01 View Post
    Same here.
    Years ago I completed my tailwheel differences training in the Chippy so this news made my day 
    As I remember it was model with extension with bubble canopy too. I wonder if it will be here as an option.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sure will...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CANBUB1.jpg  

plus a few more...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBMF1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	87635

Thx for the bubble canopy!

More pictures (from AHs FB) :

Looks really nice! Nice to see also non-default pilots! Well done.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Chippy has landed

After being in a holding for the last couple of weeks the Aeroplane Heaven DHC-1 has landed https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...ledownload.php

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I posted screenshots and videos in the existing Chipmunk topic, FYI:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1292736

(Not sure if this classic board software would allow the topics to be merged...)
    Nice shots, Im must be waiting .

jk5151 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Nice paints already JanKees !!

The aircraft is beautifully modeled however I also conclude that the flap lever actuation is reversed.
    Full forward should be zero flaps and the lever should be pulled back or 'lifted' with two detents, first is 15deg and then 30deg (this is correct on the model as far as the two detents) or full flaps with the lever all the way back
    As noted the VC label for the flaps is also reversed. It is not a show stopper but I would not call it nit-picking either...not that anyone has called it that.

Also - the mixture lever movement is correct but it is supposed to 'catch' the throttle anytime the throttle is moved past the mixture lever (such as when in high cruise above 5,000' altitude and the mixture has been leaned for proper aspiration).
    This is WHY the mixture lever is reversed compared to 'normal' full forward full rich common elsewhere. It is meant to prevent the trainee from forgetting to return the mixture lever to full rich upon approach and landing. Throttle, once extended past the mixture lever will 'catch' it
    as the throttle is reduced or 'cut' on approach and landing and automatically pull it to full rich - or at least a more suitable, less hazardous position
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

btw.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Also - the mixture lever movement is correct but it is supposed to 'catch' the throttle anytime the throttle is moved past the mixture lever (such as when in high cruise above 5,000' altitude and the mixture has been leaned for proper aspiration).
    This is WHY the mixture lever is reversed compared to 'normal' full forward full rich common elsewhere. It is meant to prevent the trainee from forgetting to return the mixture lever to full rich upon approach and landing. Throttle, once extended past the mixture lever will 'catch' it
    as the throttle is reduced or 'cut' on approach and landing and automatically pull it to full rich - or at least a more suitable, less hazardous position
    That's right, however I think this "catch" could be hard to modelled. For me, it's enough to correct what has been noticed and it will be really fun.

Members who have read this thread: 1