10 gun limit, possibly?

Thread: 10 gun limit, possibly?

10 gun limit, possibly?

I've noticed, while experimenting with the 12 gun version of the Hurricane II, that there seems to be a limit/maximum of being able to fire 10 guns simultaneously, regardless of how the guns are split up into primary/secondary trigger. If 12 guns are all on the single trigger, then 10 guns fire until all their ammo is used up, and then the other guns start to work. This seems to be something that applies to all aircraft (possibly?) with more than 10 guns. The best solution I've been able to come up with is to place some guns on the secondary trigger to ensure even/symmetrical use of ammo. The vast majority of aircraft have fewer guns so wont be affected, but this is worth knowing when using the aircraft that do have more than 10 guns. It does mean that you don't really get the benefit of 12 guns. It seems that about the only way to simulate all 12 guns firing at the same time would be to have 10 guns, but double the ammo/rate of fire for 2 of these?

Well I don,t quite know what to make of that , mine shows 12 mguns for flash position , and from a theoretical stand point , they don,t all fire at the same time , the old sim does not model drag from recoil, So I usually split both banks left to right of guns -- with different tag numbers , The old Dp.s did not do that , So the question remains ,
    does the sim read a Dp from top to bottom , or opposite ? and the second factor may be a limiting Fx draw , after all the H-2B is an add on , If one bank fired first , the recoil of six mguns , would probably pivot the aircraft
    off target if they all fired the same time , So I don,t think the erks set the guns up to do that ,
    What I have noticed is , once the gun,s are aimed properly , and the Pai can get effective kills , go back and reduce the tracer showing , to 10 percent , reduces the processer work load , and seems to help with effective kills ,
    I would think the sim ,if it shows correct flash point location , is still logging trajectory , whether
    or not the tracer shows , could be due to limits of Fx,file ,

Having just gone through Thicko,s and Maurios H aircraft , The difference between 8 and 12 guns is not really
    accountable , The test base was a Betty x 2 ,Eai , and consistant results , were to close to call ,an
    advantage , for the extra guns , Perhaps a fraction quicker , for the 12 , A 3 second burst , of aimed fire ,
    shooting down 2 in the 30 second range at best marker for Pai kills , Too many variables 1d1 , and target
    weak point , or miss it , Then of course were all 12 gun,s hitting the target , Add to that the air files ,
    also link to PAi capabilities , for damage inflicted ,

The 10 guns that were firing for me (Hurricane IIb), were the first 10 listed. The 2 that were not firing (until the other 10 used up their ammo) were the outermost pair on the starboard side, which were the final 2 described in the dp file. I found it very noticeable initially that as the ammo got used up, the guns were much less effective, but it took a while to work out why.

One possibility , comes to mind , The 2 outboard gun,s , that do not fire , Are they using a different Tag Number ? and if so , do they link back to systems list , and show up correctly for Box damage listing ,
    to each corresponding wing side , I have seen them , misplaced - crossed to the opposite wing location ,
    The sim can really pull your hair out some times , In effect if the dp is really bad , The sim will boycote it ,
    The tip to look for is does it rewrite the CDP on changes ,
    If not , then it,s using the default DP , from a different location , That will really mess things up ,
    cause nothing you change in the dp , will work , correctly ,

I pulled this from Pay APH Grahams GmX mdl -1,933 -kb H II B ,
    as a test file , see if it works ok now --

Members who have read this thread: 1