GKS/Aviasim MiG-21bis RELEASED on Marketplace

Thread: GKS/Aviasim MiG-21bis RELEASED on Marketplace

GKS/Aviasim MiG-21bis RELEASED on Marketplace

I would think it would come out on Simmarket with weapons but not sure right now. Obviously no weapons included on a marketplace release.

I think the author(s) said they wanted to release only on the marketplace, since all other distributors were an open door to piracy for them...
    Bad luck really. A marketplace-only release means not only a complete lack of weapons, but also a complete lack of mods...

A pity. for me marketplace is a no go.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    A pity. for me marketplace is a no go.

Priller
    Yes, I would never buy an airplane such as this. Why buy a military jet that can't even have simulated, simulated weapons? I have purchased GA type aircraft via Marketplace.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

AzurePoly seems to have figured out a loophole in the "no weapons" policy by releasing an external program that adds external stores, so maybe that'll happen here.

It seems to me that, at least on NATO aircraft, you could at least have blue-ringed missiles. Blue around the warhead area indicates none installed, and blue around the motor section indicates no fuel. The only thing that would still be active is the guidance so that pilots could fly training sorties to practice missile lock.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Aviasim/GKS is planning on releasing to other vendors in the future so that we can have weapons.
    https://msfsaddons.com/2022/06/03/gk...ght-simulator/

It seems to me that, at least on NATO aircraft, you could at least have blue-ringed missiles
    My understanding is that to protect the MS Marketplace ability to sell to children they avoid the depiction of any sort of realistic weapon...though whether they should sell to children in the first place is a good question.

In truth you can practice any weapons delivery process and profile from the cockpit if the avionics are implemented - you don't need to SEE the physical weapons.

But I'll definitely wait for an alternative weapon-enabled release - good news

I plan to buy it as soon as it comes available outside the marketplace - GKS is interacting with the community and already has mentioned a planned update.
    This addon looks every bit the Mig Cold Warrior inside and out and by some accounts flies like heavy Iron. Looking forward to it
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'll definitely pick this up soon. The cockpit is amazing. I don't need weapons (I have DCS for that, I have absolutely no use or need for them in MSFS).

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    I'll definitely pick this up soon. The cockpit is amazing. I don't need weapons (I have DCS for that, I have absolutely no use or need for them in MSFS).
    ORBX listed the MSFS "weaponized version" GKS Mig21 as coming soon
    https://orbxdirect.com/product/gks-mig21-msfs

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    ORBX listed the MSFS "weaponized version" GKS Mig21 as coming soon
    https://orbxdirect.com/product/gks-mig21-msfs
    it is available now via orbx

This is utter nonsense with armament in MSFS , as if they were taking it out of aviation history. I understand that it may not work, but not allow you to sell if there is a model of weapons?
    What about the canons? This is a weapon too! Nonsense.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

They've literally required devs to remove cannons from marketplace versions. And I'm pretty sure this is paranoia and the ESRB would not even change a rating for a historic plane with non-fire-able weapons. Plus add-ons don't affect a base game's rating.

They won't even allow the existence of air combat to be discussed on the official MSFS forum. You can't use the word "dogfight" without the moderators threatening to close the topic.

I'm pretty sure this is 100% actually about perceptions they want to maintain with civilian aircraft manufacturers and other partners and not actually related to ratings...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    They've literally required devs to remove cannons from marketplace versions. And I'm pretty sure this is paranoia and the ESRB would not even change a rating for a historic plane with non-fire-able weapons. Plus add-ons don't affect a base game's rating.

They won't even allow the existence of air combat to be discussed on the official MSFS forum. You can't use the word "dogfight" without the moderators threatening to close the topic.

I'm pretty sure this is 100% actually about perceptions they want to maintain with civilian aircraft manufacturers and other partners and not actually related to ratings...
    Ridicule! Today, aviation would be in a different place if it were not for aviation and military systems.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No one is prohibiting the use of or development of weapons for the sim, they just don't want it in the marketplace.

No one is trying to whitewash history by not allowing a developer to sell a plane with weapons. It's a video game not a textbook.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

Now how do you load the weapons? Purchased via ORBX

Tempted...has anyone tried this in VR?

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Now how do you load the weapons? Purchased via ORBX
    run the mouse cursor around the cockpit HUD to find hidden click spots
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Wish they would include a two-seat -UM...just saying.

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 1