Top Gun Update is out - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Top Gun Update is out

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    To be fair Val Kilmer is recovering from throat cancer in real life. I like that even though they were extremely competitive in the first film, they became life long friends. I guess they were on the same side after all.
    Very sorry to hear that, i did not know. Also did not know he was married to Joanne Whalley. Lucky b. (heavenly angel in Dennis Potter's The Singing Detective. One of the best TV series ever). His palmares as an actor is very impressive. He speaks thru an AI device with which his own voice is recreated. That's impressive too. Learn something every day. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    One more question
    Can fuel tanks be added,and open canopy?
    No and no, unfortunately. They have said in dev Q&A's that they want to add opening doors/canopy to the default aircraft but they want to do them all, instead of just some here and there. Which I don't really think is a great reason not to add them to new default aircraft like the F18 but whatever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    No and no, unfortunately. They have said in dev Q&A's that they want to add opening doors/canopy to the default aircraft but they want to do them all, instead of just some here and there. Which I don't really think is a great reason not to add them to new default aircraft like the F18 but whatever.
    If I remember correctly, the Touching Cloud Super Warrior F-18 does have a operating canopy. However, SU9 broke it. So far I haven't seen a fix.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Indeed the Super Warrior mod is still unavailable for now. Waiting for it, desperately :/

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Touching Cloud Super Warrior F-18 does have a operating canopy. However, SU9 broke it. So far I haven't seen a fix.
    Does it have tanks as well?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Yes it had fuel tanks that appeared based on the fuel load in the load manager of the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post

https://flightsim.to/profile/venom0
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Yes, that is the Super Warrior mod by Touching Cloud (Alex Marko).

I was referring strictly to the default aircraft. It is possible to modify Asobos 3d models to allow for things like opening doors/canopy. There are similar mods for the TBM, the C150, I want to say GotGravels mods allow you to open the doors on the Cubs and the Vertigo, there are a bunch of them out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0