Top Gun Update is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Update is out

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    @ Beaufighter,

Mark posted this about 7 hrs. ago, if you have not seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gKLyu0GkM

-Don
    Hi Thanks for the info. I have afterburner now, tried Top Gun sometimes in full and speaking only for myself, have no need for it, not a systems "pilot" but to much arcade for my liking. Is there a safe way to remove it to save space? Go to "Content" ? Regards

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I did not see it listed as a single aircraft in the Content Manager, I may have overlooked it (I have 640+ items in there), but it is flyable as a single aircraft as any other aircraft in MSFS.

Agreed, this is just for play + giggles ......

These screenshots are at the default KNKX Miramar MCAS that was given to us by ASOBO with W.U. VII

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Got U Tom.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	87420

Name:	Got U Tom_3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	87421

... Crashed and burned 13:08 minutes later trying to do that inverted dive thing ......

Hi there's an option to uninstall Top Gun into contente manager. Will do it, wonder if it is safe...nothing about it found on MSFS foruns

Does anyone know if Tom Cruise's P-51 has it anywhere?
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    Does anyone know if Tom Cruise's P-51 has it anywhere?
    https://flightsim.to/file/33810/nort...e-heaven-p-51d I saw this yesterday.

There's also this one for the Asobo Mustang, by the same repainter (which is a bit more accurate with the depiction of the markings): https://flightsim.to/file/25823/nort...p-gun-maverick

Unfortunately, both repaints depict the aircraft in bare metal rather than being painted all-over silver like the real thing. (https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-12840)

The Mustang that Tom Cruise owns, which was originally manufactured as a reconnaissance-fighter F-6K, was restored in the 1990s by Cal Pacific Airmotive and won "Best P-51" at Oshkosh in 1998. It was later acquired by Cruise around 2001/02. Although a stock airframe, it is fitted with a rear jump seat (like 95% of the stock P-51D/K's flying) and has basic dual controls. Cruise wasn't able to really dedicate time to flying it until some years later, and after training with well-known warbird pilot/instructor Matt Jackson, Cruise soloed the Mustang for the first time in 2006 and has been flying it regularly ever since. Although having been mostly based at the Burbank Airport, for the past few years Cruise has put the aircraft in the care of Steven Hinton at Chino, California.

wow thank you so much
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

As long as there are no other objects that depend on its components, anything you remove via the content manager should be safe.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

and part 2

(btw. AH model in P3Dv5 )
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    As long as there are no other objects that depend on its components, anything you remove via the content manager should be safe.
    Thanks Tom. Removed instantly through content. Really don´t know if any files were removed from my ssd. All publicity to top gun remains. Opening screen, and challenges board (not working of course), everything related to top gun. Annoying, to say the least...
    Now will wait for the F-18 mods and, of course, Dc-3 from AH

Blog Entries
    I flew a couple of the low-level challengers. They were a blast. Reminded me of the low-levels I flew in the RF-4C. Of course, back then I had a chart with the route on it and knew where I was going. We flew low levels between 420-480 kts., not throttles to the wall. We had a time over target to make. Still, the challengers were fun to fly. I think I will do the rest.

As for the movie, I saw where it is a hit. Should gross 150 million for the long Memorial weekend in the US. I may go see it one afternoon during the middle of the week. That way there will be fewer people. Or I may wait until it comes out on DVD. No rush.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

jmig, if you have a Dolby or IMAX auditorium, I'd highly suggest catching this one on the big screen! No matter how good your home system is, the production on the movie is awesome and it's so cool to have rumbling audio and F/A-18s filling your view...

I've got to say, I absolutely hate decals in MSFS. At least the way they're implemented on the SR-72, I mean Darkstar...just baked in. No way to turn them off and they interfere with any texture work you try to do. Super annoying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    jmig, if you have a Dolby or IMAX auditorium, I'd highly suggest catching this one on the big screen! No matter how good your home system is, the production on the movie is awesome and it's so cool to have rumbling audio and F/A-18s filling your view...
    Yes, my wife and have decided to go see it one afternoon next week. By then most of the rush should be over.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2023
    Fun & funny both.

https://youtu.be/v1iZtBM23bY

I keep "overstressing" the airframe during the dive and gentle pull up to obtain Mach 3-5 range. I've seen several videos on the inverted technique and will eventually get it right. I found out that it does indeed have a spoiler (I touched the wrong button on the Hotas), but there is only an aerodynamic effect and no animated external spoiler.

Name:	DarkStar Spoilers_.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	87443

Name:	DarkStar Spoilers_4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	87444

I took screenshot # 3 today in good company of the mighty Strike Eagles at EGUL RAF LAKENHEATH by Ian McCartney

Name:	DarkStar Spoilers_EGUL_2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	87445

Everyone, please enjoy your Memorial Day!

-Don

ERROR ......

I was wrong, it does have Spoilers/Speed brake animation as well as a trim tab:

Name:	DarkStar Spoilers_dployed.jpg 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	87446

Name:	DarkStar Spoilers_dployed_2.jpg 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	87447

Name:	Darkstar trim tab.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	87448

This Screenshot .... in short sleeve shirt environment, maybe we can change him out with another pilot avatar.

Name:	Darkstar_short sleeve shirt.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	87452

@ centuryseries.

Here are the Specifications sheet from the aircraft hangar.

Name:	Darkstat_stats.jpg 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	87449

Name:	Darkstat_stats_2.jpg 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	87450

Anyways, I finally got the hang of it.

Flight from EGUL to New York City, she is a bugger bear to trim out.

He's got a flight suit

Go to Options > Misc > Pilot Avatar to default, that way your avatar is always wearing the appropriate clothing for the aircraft they are flying.

I'm glad you posted a screenshot of the default pilot avatar. I have no photo of that default pilot, so I chose # 16 or # 17, the one with a military flight suit. This guy has on a proper looking G suit with a full high altitude astronaut helmet.

That is not Tom, is it?

Also does anyone think the trim tab is reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    That is not Tom, is it?
    I'm much better looking than that!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

LOL, I said to myself "Uh-Oh" our Tom here is going to be insulted.

OK, just a little more learning & observations on my part.

Pitch trim tab is definitely reversed, rate of descent is pointing down on PFD and the external trim tab indicates upward pitch:

Name:	Darkstar trim tab_3.jpg 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	87455

Name:	Darkstar trim tab_2.jpg 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	87456

@ ak416,

The pilot that I chose to replace the pilot that had on a short sleeve shirt was Lt. S. Hernandez not # 16 or 17 as I mistakenly posted above.

Name:	Darkstar default pilot option_2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	87457

... and he will not change to your posted default when I select default pilot while while still in MSFS (maybe I have to exit the sim. & restart)

Name:	Darkstar default pilot option.jpg 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	87458

I was studying the Flight envelope on page #3 on the PFD and have a question about the items circled in yellow. Do they really mean 1* on the pitch ladder (how am I gonna measure that) or do they mean 1* alpha as in the second screenshot below?
    1* alpha is a whole lot different (depending on or factoring in forward velocity) than 1* on the pitch ladder. BTW what does EAS stand for?

Name:	Darkstar_Fl Profile.jpg 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	87459

Name:	Darkstar_Fl Profile_2.jpg 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	87460

.... anyways fella's, thanks for everyone's input. I'll get the hang of it eventually and not overstress the airframe in that inverted dive.

Members who have read this thread: 0