Short Stirling Bomber for P3D - Virtavia

Thread: Short Stirling Bomber for P3D - Virtavia

Short Stirling Bomber for P3D - Virtavia

I guess P3D is not dead to developers at all (well some). I was looking for something completely not to do with Virtavia or Shorts and up popped an image of Short Stirling Bomber went to the Virtavia site and discovered that it was indeed a brand new model for P3D so immediately went shopping. My only comment -Virtavia have a habit of doing this sort of thing, strange, Did the same thing with their Lockheed L1049G for P3DV5 as well (No paints for that one yet alas). So find this one and for P3D was a surprise indeed. So I guess P3D is not a goner for developers after all!

Back to the Short Stirling - this is a superb model fully compatible with P3DV5 and installs as an addon no problems. Fully functional VC and nicely done interior as well with various positions available to move about if you have the need. Nicely done textures and so far seems to fly very nicely indeed. I never thought anybody would do the Short Stirling bomber and not for P3D. So there you go, its available at various sim market sites about the place.
    Nice to finally get a great model of the aeroplane that Ron Middleton RAAF flew and got a posthumous VC for after a raid in Italy in 1942 (With 149 SQDN RAF). A credit to Virtavia they have done a splendid job.

The fugly Short Stirling

The VC

Flies very nicely

I noticed that one as well, nice to see something new for P3D!
    Might just have to get the Virtavia Stirling myself.
    Would definitely compliment the Halifax and Lancaster already in my virtual hangar.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

I thought it was cheap at 29 Euros or about $50AUS. Quite reasonable for a new model indeed! Compared to 150 plus for some of the tubes about!.

Looks nice, however I have very good Halifax, quite similar plane of FR and its still on my hangar:
    https://secure.simmarket.com/flight-...ax-p3dv4.phtml .

Good to see that some developers work on P3D models still.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the HU.

After seeing this was released for X-Plane 11 a few weeks ago, I was hoping that Virtavia would do a P3D version.

Looks a very nice model, and will be a nice addition to the P3D virtual hangar!

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 5