Major XBox outage. It's not just you!

Thread: Major XBox outage. It's not just you!

Major XBox outage. It's not just you!

Xbox Network experiencing major outage affecting cloud gaming, launching games, and more | Windows Central
    Hopefully they can fix this soon so we can all enjoy our favorite flight simulator!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

As I type this at 1429Z on 5/7, the only issues being reported are with streaming TV services. I also don't see any new posts on the official board regarding a recent outage.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Most of yesterday afternoon and evening all of the gaming services were off line. The outage map showed nearly all major cities were affected by the outage. I was unable to even launch the sim but instead had a notification pop up saying I needed to connect to the internet. All Xbox services were out for several hours.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Found the thread on the official board if anyone wants to follow.
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...servers/515772
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

You know what's annoying? If you haven't run the sim before, you don't even get the popup about connecting to online services. The MSFS icon just does nothing.

And guess who had just reinstalled Windows fresh and thought MSFS must have been picking up something untowards from cloud storage or something and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run?

Grrrrrrr. Wasted a bit of time troubleshooting because they didn't account for that particular error state.

Members who have read this thread: 0