RA-5C Vigilante by Alphasim (Virtavia)

Thread: RA-5C Vigilante by Alphasim (Virtavia)

Icon5 RA-5C Vigilante by Alphasim (Virtavia)

I know there are a lot of conversions of this aircraft from FS2004 to FSX. Is there a "this is the best" conversion for RA-5C or is it just hit and miss? Anyone have any suggestions, and where can I get it?

TSquare
    Retired SMSgt: USAF/TXANG

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post

I know there are a lot of conversions of this aircraft from FS2004 to FSX. Is there a "this is the best" conversion for RA-5C or is it just hit and miss? Anyone have any suggestions, and where can I get it?

TSquare
    Try https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/65/838. Be careful to click the correct download button - one is to get a google add in for a data shield. look for the smaller blue download button

I remember these

We had these in both Airwing 6 in 68 and Airwing 9 in 70 when I was aboard CVA 66 USS America in the Tonkin Gulf. Also had Skywarriors; Intruders; Corsair IIs and Phantoms along with the E2A Hawkeyes and our COD C1A Miss America. Can't forget the "Angels" too SH2 Seasprites. Different squadrons on the two deployments but same aircraft complement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Try https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/65/838. Be careful to click the correct download button - one is to get a google add in for a data shield. look for the smaller blue download button
    Yes, this is the best one (I have it and fly it occasionally) but I believe you also need Piglet's Mitsubishi F1 as the Vigilante aliases the cockpit from the F1. (Piglet's F1 and also his T1 are both great add ons on their own so it's great to have them anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    We had these in both Airwing 6 in 68 and Airwing 9 in 70 when I was aboard CVA 66 USS America in the Tonkin Gulf. Also had Skywarriors; Intruders; Corsair IIs and Phantoms along with the E2A Hawkeyes and our COD C1A Miss America. Can't forget the "Angels" too SH2 Seasprites. Different squadrons on the two deployments but same aircraft complement.
    I do also - to fly formation on one of these things was like flying beside a space ship. Maybe the most graceful airplane I have ever been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Yes, this is the best one (I have it and fly it occasionally) but I believe you also need Piglet's Mitsubishi F1 as the Vigilante aliases the cockpit from the F1. (Piglet's F1 and also his T1 are both great add ons on their own so it's great to have them anyway!)
    I downloaded 3 days ago - cockpit OK in p3d4.5, so must be complete in FSX I assume

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Let's hear it for the Skywarriors! 2 deployments...'69 Med cruise aboard the "Sucking 60 from Dixie" and '71 WestPac aboard Hancock. Squadron was VAH-10 later to become VAQ-129.

Had the Viggies aboard Saratoga. Being on the flightdeck for launch, we hid behind Tilly while the Phantoms lit their burners. Hot stuff, but the Viggie burnt us to a crisp!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Mike71

Thanks for the heads, I check the Rikoooo.com site ounce a week, must have just missed it. Got it and will install tonight or tomorrow.

TSquare

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post
    Mike71

Thanks for the heads, I check the Rikoooo.com site ounce a week, must have just missed it. Got it and will install tonight or tomorrow.
    Mine works great as is in P3D4.5, except I want to add an afterburner effect, maybe a little bit better instrumentation. I have a lot of info on the RA-5C.

Members who have read this thread: 1