New AEROPRAKT A22-LS for low and slow

Thread: New AEROPRAKT A22-LS for low and slow

New AEROPRAKT A22-LS for low and slow

Another new one for UL crowd like me on Simmarket. Some more pictures you will find on the developers Facebook site.

Just installed and firing up to give it a try. I am curious...
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

First little round completed:

Personally I really like this one, the UL feeling is fully modeled and the throttle response is really great. On full throttle this lightweight offers quite some STOL characteristics on take off, though I donīt really know if that is correct? But it handles and feels plausible and enjoyable as I would expect from a plane this size and weight.

Modeling is also off high quality, the different materials and surfaces are nicely done, especially within the interior. Though there might be some minor polygon glitches there. Every control surface works as it should and the big glass cockpit makes flying a piece of cake. Plus you get a great visibilty with all this open structures.

Two let downs on my side so far: First, the doors donīt seem to open. This simply should be there with non ASOBO payware quality aircraft. But the developer also allready promises continous improvement with further updates. And I couldnīt figure out to completely shut her down after parking. Power of the Garmin just kept on.

Alex

Thanks for your impressions! Been debating this one, but so many new planes out right now...

As for the STOL characteristics, they are very accurate. This is pretty epic:

Thatīs indeed impressive. Now I keep looking for a suitable AI ship to pull this off

After getting more and more used to the plane and watching the flying in the clip I feel like the developer pretty much nailed the flight model. It just needs some minor updates and maybe a few more liveries and I certainly will keep flying this one.

Alex

Alas, AI ships aren't currently landable. :-(

Fingers crossed that the Top Gun expansion is going to add moving carriers and landable ships, but not holding my breath.

That was Jan Rademaker landing on the ship. He broke the undercarriage spring doing it and got a letter from the CAA saying that whilst he'd technically done nothing wrong, please don't do it again!

Members who have read this thread: 0