Sim Update IX is now live
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update IX is now live

Sim Update IX is now live

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Installed the Sim Update, and just found the newly-released Gee Bee Model Z and R-2 in the Marketplace as well (now bought and installing too). I look forward to flying them this evening.

Various updates to be found in the Content Manager as well of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Gee Bee Model Z and R-2 in the Marketplace
    I didnt install yet. Interesting. Carenado?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I didnt install yet. Interesting. Carenado?
    Yep. They seem to be rehashing their P3D catalog as part of the "famous flyers" thing Asobo is doing.

The R-2 is a completely new model by Carenado, while the Model Z is a redone version of the model they previously released for FSX and P3D (the R-2 and earlier Model Z are of course completely different aircraft altogether). Their Model Z in FSX was one of my all-time favorites, but I have had a greater, life-long interest in the R-2 variant, so I have been anxiously looking forward to these ever since the first mention of them was made a couple months ago.

Just had about a half-hour to check out the Gee Bees during my lunch break and I was really impressed. Beautiful models, and they killed me three times so they're probably pretty realistic.

Takeoff is a pain, but it should be. Landing is hard too due to the view out the front; suggest coming in from the side and doing a last-minute turn to get somewhere near the runway.

Love the audio and visible canopy shaking when hitting extremes of performance.

I'm installing it now. Also noticed that there is a new Nvidia Driver as of today as well. Seems a lot of people were having bad stutter issues with the previous driver (myself included). Hoping this update and the new driver fixes that annoying issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll wait a day or so to install. I usually have better luck waiting until the servers are being hammered.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

install went smooth and fast for me. Looking over the release notes I doubt I'll notice much besides the popcorn clouds being gone, which seems to be confirmed now that I'm 20 minutes into my first flight in SU9.

I've had CTD's related to view panning with the last couple of nvidia drivers so I've reverted back 472.12 which has been rock solid for my system. I'm not likely to update again until I absolutely have to.

- dcc

PS I also noticed an update to the Reno P-51A (0.1.23), took a brief look at it but couldn't really see any changes/fixes...
    - -

Just read on another site that this update breaks the DC Design Concorde!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Get ready for the monthly stuff up
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Just flew the R2. It requires excessive alpha to fly at lower speeds, and I mean 120mph, which is unrealistic. It also has this silly canopy shaking effect, which I guess is supposed to represent flow separation shaking the plane. Also, ignore the RPM gauge. If you keep it in the green zone you'll never get over 120mph. I had to go well beyond the redline to get any decent performance out of it (2800 rpm). I haven't flown the Z yet. It has the typical MSFS squirelly tail wheel handling. Rudder almost seems to have no effect, for me. I don't think they're simulating the prop flow over the tail yet or the developers aren't implementing it. Beautiful model, though. Which is to be expected from Carenado.

So far, SU9 managed to break the DC Designs Concorde, the Bonanza Improvement Project, and the SSW F-104 (I assume it's both models) for different reasons, so at least Asobo is now breaking slightly fewer things every time they update MSFS, but I totally understand why developers are getting a bit sick of fixing things someone else managed to break every 30-60 days.

Corrected an issue with the behavior of the Volocity’s Attitude Hold button.

Fantastic !

What about Instant Replay ?.. What about instant Fly-By Camera ?.. What about better water effects ?... What about better smoke effects ?...

Nah... Maybe next year..

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ok my MSFS update nuked lol. It says insert game Disk errr error lol. Anyone ever get this and mine is from the online MS Store.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Just flew the R2. It requires excessive alpha to fly at lower speeds, and I mean 120mph, which is unrealistic. It also has this silly canopy shaking effect, which I guess is supposed to represent flow separation shaking the plane. Also, ignore the RPM gauge. If you keep it in the green zone you'll never get over 120mph. I had to go well beyond the redline to get any decent performance out of it (2800 rpm). I haven't flown the Z yet. It has the typical MSFS squirelly tail wheel handling. Rudder almost seems to have no effect, for me. I don't think they're simulating the prop flow over the tail yet or the developers aren't implementing it. Beautiful model, though. Which is to be expected from Carenado.
    There are other inaccuracies, but useless to call everything out because I grow weary of buying payware and becoming a free bug detector for the vendors.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    So far, SU9 managed to break the DC Designs Concorde...
    I completely sympathize with all 3rd party developers' complaint of having to update their creations after every sim update. I've made this clear quite a few times. Even so, I'm surprised at DC Designs' wondering if this time the breakage was intentional (!?) on Asobo's part:
    https://www.facebook.com/DCDesignsAircraft/posts/3241378272849816

If Dean wanted to further comment on this, I'd be very grateful.

I interpreted "deliberate" as "Asobo changed something on purpose, and it broke the Concorde", versus "Asobo didn't intend to change anything, but somehow did", like the update where they accidentally tripled the lift flaps provided or made water vapor a few orders of magnitude denser than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Just read on another site that this update breaks the DC Design Concorde!
    It's the advanced fuel system. Dean's already working on a fix, but has expressed concern that if Asobo puts out a patch to fix what they broke, then Dean's patch will be broken again. One step forward, two steps back I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Ok my MSFS update nuked lol. It says insert game Disk errr error lol. Anyone ever get this and mine is from the online MS Store.
    There is plenty of info on that over at the official forum.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Tom I need a link in General please?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

of course the SU's break things that were made for previous SU's - that should be understood. What could MSFS update in their core flight sim that WOULDN'T affect airplanes built to a previous sim build?

Can't have it both ways - either MS/ASOBO update and add / enhance features to their simulator (and those who chose to make addons for a WIP flight sim must keep pace - or they don't - and there's nothing to fix.

I don't understand the umbrage or outrage over this. It should have been baked into any 3rd party developers risk assessment. "Sim updates are going to affect our models so we need to be ready and willing to make ongoing corrections" -said no one apparently
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

MS could provide full details to developers on what's being changed in flight and systems modeling. If they approached MSFS like a developer platform in addition to being a game, the company has just a wee bit of experience documenting changes for, oh, say, Windows developers...

Nobody's saying they shouldn't change this stuff. But they're tracking these changes internally, I'm sure, and the lack of documentation in general, and the lack of truly complete changelogs for developers, is kind of embarrassing as long as this sim has been out now.

Asobo likely doesn't have the experience here, but MS has been documenting operating systems since the 80s so they should have this process down at this point.

The update in itself went super smooth in "Maison Priller".

Gradually adding choice aircraft back into the community folder, but I've just been diagnosed with hernia, so it's just small hops for the time being. Can't stay seated for too long.

The painkillers also turned me into a not so attentive pilot...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Tom I need a link in General please?