New AN-225

Thread: New AN-225

New AN-225

Asobo/MS planning the Antonov An-225 for an upcoming Local Legend.

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/04/23/as...-local-legend/

I wonder if this means support for more than four engines...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

BUT what about An-2 ???
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As a symbolic gesture this is indeed important and heartening.

I also agree with the posters in posts #2 and #3.

Big planes like that are also not my cup of tea. For me personally, it stops at C-130 size (with a VC).

Just my 2 €cents worth.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

They did say in a Q&A that 4+ engine capability was being developed, enabling a certain unidentified aircraft:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/615862-you-can-guess-an-upcoming-local-legend

Whether the 'local legend' aircraft being considered at that time was the An-225 isn't known - the subsequent forum speculation seems to favour the Dornier Do-X. Plans might have changed in light of events. Having been aboard the Mriya and looked round the flightdeck, I think it's going to be an enormous undertaking, what with two flight engineers, a radio operator and navigator's stations to build, in addition to the pilots positions. I suspect they might draw the curtains behind the pilots seats, and leave the rest of it unbuilt, as has been the case with a number of models over the years e.g. Virtavia's Lincoln and Flight Replica's Halifax.

I'm in when it's ready!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

personally I was waiting for the AN2 to arrive infinite hours flown in P3D making flights in Poland as a fumigation company and transporting goods in slow transports, it is easier to make a credible AN2 in flight systems than not an aerial monster like the An225, I just hope that one day we will have the Antonov An2 in our hangars

Members who have read this thread: 1