Stock Ship replacments

Thread: Stock Ship replacments

Stock Ship replacments

What is the correct way of replacing the stock ships with some of the nicer ones available? I've seen VN, Usio, Jaxon, Collin etc...

Which are the best choices based on reality and appearance?

Last but not least I hope someone can clarify this for me. Will any ships added, other that the stock replacements, be visible in any other way than through a mission? What I mean is this; is it possible to see/use say a carrier group beyond stock replacements in FF or QC or would I have to build a mission including all the ships that I want to see?

Thank you for helping me "re-learn" the CFS2 basics here guys...seems I have forgotten much over the years. I have had a few ship issues here as of late and just need to be sure of what I am doing is all.

in FF and QC you will only see the base you choose. If you want to see ships you need to build them into a mission. See the "Liberty Maru" thread on how to replace the "innards" of a stock folder with other ships - what files to rename and how to rename them.

Myself, I keep most of my downloads seperate and substitute them into missions as desired. For Essex Class US carriers I'd go with Collins ships. Most of the rest I have and use are VN ships which tend to be as framerate friendly. For Japanese fill ins, Usio's ships are nice - very nice - but are extremely tough on battle damage, put up a lot more AA than you are used to and are framerate heavy. I have a bunch of them and even put them into stock folders - like the Kagero DD, the Kumano CA and Hiryu CV. I use his Lexingto in the few campaign missions where the player's base is the Lex.

Experiment and have fun. You'll dicover what ships you like best in the end.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow Wolf

Have you tried Pen32Win's DP pack for shiips?It covers stosck ships,VN ships,Usio ships and other ships.Flak is cut down on the Usio ships and they are easier to sink.It's here at SOH.

Talon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...I toil in the shadow of Masters...

RTB ...Blue Devil ...Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Shadow Wolf

Have you tried Pen32Win's DP pack for shiips?It covers stosck ships,VN ships,Usio ships and other ships.Flak is cut down on the Usio ships and they are easier to sink.It's here at SOH.

Talon
    No I haven't, but I've already worked on Usio's dps to bring them more in line with the VN craft and I use their "target dps" to ease up a bit on the AA. Right now I'm slowly replacing the stock ships in missions with the d/l ships - especially those that call for the yorktown class carrier. << I use the VN Enterprise and VN Yorktown with VN cruisers and destroyers. Thing is... when taking off and landing your eyes and concentration are fixed, so you really don't get much of a chance to look at them. And on the other end I'm too busy assigning my wingmen to targets and keeping my taget in the sights to fuss about a funnel or two. Thus in reality, I do the substitutions more for something to do than anything else :typing:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I had already read that article a few times and this is why I thought about replacing this stock stuff...

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be deleting and reinstalling again even faster now...muhahaha! :faint:

Seriously though I'll be changing things out slowly and testing as I go...this is looking pretty good to me.

Thanks again guys

Members who have read this thread: 2