FDG C47 New Skins by UT

Thread: FDG C47 New Skins by UT

FDG C47 New Skins by UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: FDG2 C47 803AirAmb by UncleTgt

This is a repaint for the FDG2 C47 Skytrain for CFS 2.

A tweaked model is included, with a slight sheen & shiny glass, plus some of the vibrant purple parts that showed in the lower LODs have been recoloured.

I've revised the DP file to fix some obvious omissions & improve the visual damage effects when in combat. I also took the opportunity to add kelticheart exhaust effects.

The texture is: "836" 232836 Deployed to the CBI during the summer of 1943, & used as an air ambulance.

Texture Note: The cowl flaps for the port engine use the cargo door area of the fuselage for their textures. So on this model I'm afraid the port engine has red & white cowl flaps.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: The Fightertown Design Group for the original aircraft.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools - I used MDLmat to give the glass parts some sheen.

Allen for his DOSmdlv2 - I used it to give the model a slight shine.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmap & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

APR 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 C47 Air Ambulance CBI UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

FDG C47 US SWPTO skinpack UT

Description: FDG2 C47 US SWPTO Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the FDG2 C47 Skytrain for CFS 2. They depict aircraft that served in & around the SWPTO.

A tweaked model is included, with a slight sheen & shiny glass, plus some of the vibrant purple parts that showed in the lower LODs have been recoloured.

I've revised the DP file to fix some obvious omissions & improve the visual damage effects when in combat. I also took the opportunity to add kelticheart exhaust effects.

New payloads have been added, using my own freedrop sacks, plus resized versions of Jim Jacobsens paratroops & Shessi's supply canisters (80% size). For completeness the paratroops & supply canister weapons are included in this zip.

The textures are: "E" 17733 21TCS, as it appeared during SOF runs to Wau during May 1942.

"86" 138668 22TCS, as she appeared late '42, helping to deploy 80FS from Australia to Port Moresby PNG.

"54" 118568 41TCS, as she may have looked when she was lost soon after takeoff from Girua-7 strip, Dobodura PNG on 1st April 1944.

"26" A USN R4D-1 from VMJ253, flying resupply missions to Cactus aerodrome, Guadalcanal during late '42. This is the same skin as that included in the recent "87 Days" revamp.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools - I used MDLmat to give the glass parts some sheen.

Jim Jacobsen for his droppable paratroop weapon.

Shessi for his droppable supply canister weapon.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

APR 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG C47 US SWPTO skinpack UT

FDG2 C47 Op Torch UT

Description: FDG2 C47 Operation Torch by UncleTgt

New payloads have been added, using my own freedrop sacks, plus resized versions of Jim Jacobsens paratroops & Shessis supply canisters (80% size). For completeness the paratroops & supply canister weapons are included in this zip.

The texture is: "C 1" 17824 Used by 12TCS to deploy 509 Para from the UK to North Africa, NOV 1942.

Jim Jacobsen for his droppable paratroop weapon.

UncleTgt,

APR 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 C47 Op Torch UT

Fdg2 c47 raf cbi ut

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: FDG2 C47 RAF CBI by UncleTgt

I've revised the DP file to fix some obvious omissions & improve the visual damage effects when in combat. I also took the opportunity to add Kelticheart exhaust effects.

New payloads have been added, using my own freedrop sacks, plus a resized version Shessi's supply canister (80% size). For completeness the supply canister weapon is included in this zip.

This RAF Dak also ships with defensive "scare" guns in the waist. It became common in the CBI for RAF C47s to carry one or two Vickers K guns & position them in the emergency exit windows in the aircraft's waist. Using the Lewis waist guns weapons I made for the Short Empire flying boat mods we can approximate this by adding the guns to the DP. The DP file supplied reflects this arrangement.

The texture is: "G" FZ589 Used by 194 sqn RAF for supply missions & Chindit deployment & support, CBI, FEB 1944.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

APR 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 C47 RAF CBI UT

Fdg2 c47 cnac ut

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Other

Description: FDG2 C47 CNAC by UncleTgt

I've revised the DP file to fix some obvious omissions & improve the visual damage effects when in combat. I also took the opportunity to add Kelticheart exhaust effects.

The texture is: "62" Used by CNAC for resupply missions over the Hump.

UncleTgt,

APR 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 C47 CNAC UT

Lovely work as always. Thank you.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Lovely work John. Many thanks!

Beautiful as always, John! Thank you!

Hi UncleTgt,

Great work as always.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Stuart

Reply...

UncleTgt,

Thank you for this package, the aircraft looks much better with the modeling touchup!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Once again, thanks very much John - great work.

Kevin

Realised the mapping is the same for the FDG DC-3, hmm ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FDG2_DC3_ANA_MAY42b.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0