Van Sant Airport is a Hit!

Thread: Van Sant Airport is a Hit!

Van Sant Airport is a Hit!

I posted a shot of the scenery on the Van Sant Airport Facebook page and it has been an overwhelming hit. The post has had almost 80 responses since it was uploaded 2 days ago and I've even had several who wanted to use it in FS9 (not possible) and one who is going to see if it can be converted to MSFS. This is the third airport scenery I have sent to the Airport Manager or posted on their site and had great responses (Old Rhinebeck and Plymouth Mun. are the others).

Glad they enjoyed it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That's nice that they liked it and responded, Ed. I'm never quite sure what R/W pilots think of simming. I went to a nice smaller show last year at the Indy Executive (KTYQ) airport in Zionsville, IN. Great turnout for both participants and the public. I did go through one booth that had a nice simming set-up for folks to try; so I took that as an endorsement for that aspect of aviation.Speaking of KTYQ, there used to be a decent payware rendering of this airport for FSX, but it has disappeared from sale. I'll have to see if I have it on a memory stick somewhere. My son sometimes takes business flights out of that airport. Your Vant Sant is a winner, for sure.

That is great news Ed. I think the scenery is very nice and I've using Vansant almost exclusively since it was downloaded Great job and I'm happy to hear it is so popular. Maybe it can encourage you to do a couple of the nearby grass strips!!!

9N1

Thanks falcon - this is really nice.

I don't have the animated barbecue smoke like sidler shows in P3D forum. Also you have two xml files that show some paths that I don't have. Are these xml required.
    Only thing I see animated is a guy that waves and is in front of a gray SUV.

P3D V5+

Didn't see the smoking barbque
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 13th, 2022 at 12:12.

I did not do anything special, I just added the updates to the orignal release.

sidler

The bbq smoke is tied to a specific effect and somewhere along the way I lost that effect apparently (fx_ChimneySmoke.fx).
    Any xml files in the scenery folder are not needed for the scenery.

Current System Specs:

Looks awesome. I'm driving to New Jersey in about a month and while there I plan to take a trip over to Bucks County to see the airport first hand.

Current System Specs:

Yes that airfield is awesome and that Aeronca 7DC fit's right in.

Members who have read this thread: 0