Hotas

Thread: Hotas

Hotas

Hi
    Thinking of a replace for my Thrustmaster 16000. Maybe this has been adressed before, but I would like a owner´s opinion about the Thrustmaster Flight Hotas 4 for MSFS 2020.
    Thanks

I've got a T16000 and an older T-flight Hotas (that was given away) ... the Hotas is OK but it's not a patch on the T16000 in terms of precision and feel (those Hall-effect magnets really work).
    I think you have to go further up-market to replace the 16000.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    I've got a T16000 and an older T-flight Hotas (that was given away) ... the Hotas is OK but it's not a patch on the T16000 in terms of precision and feel (those Hall-effect magnets really work).
    I think you have to go further up-market to replace the 16000.
    Thanks a lot

I still have my original Saitek X52, and I don't plan on letting it go any time soon. With 7 axes and two hats available, no other HOTAS can match the capabilities.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yes, my old X52 is what I actually use day-to-day, had to clean off the failed rubber coating with nail-varnish remover.
    The TM16000 has a better feel but the X52 wins with all the buttons and axes. Bought the TWCS throttle to go with the TM16000 but didn't like it.

I still use an X52 that I got when they first came out. I've never felt a reason to replace it.

"...failed rubber coating..." And all this time I've thought it was a bacteria growing on thing from all the years of use. LOL

Forest

Thank you all. Gonna keep my two 16000. After all, better replacements are not cheap (checked prices) and will need to buy 2 pieces...

When I pulled my X52 out for the new sim, it felt like it had dried syrup all over it. In my case, it was rubbing alcohol that did the trick. Now those black surfaces are smooth and shiny. I wonder how hard it would be to get leather covers like the ones used at the end of "Riddick" - since the set decorator actually used an X52 for the controls in the cockpit...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    For what it's worth: I am very satisfied with my Thrustmaster Warthog (although it may be better suited for military sims).

Members who have read this thread: 0