Avro fans...

Thread: Avro fans...

Avro fans...

Might want to check the library.."soon"

Attachment 86831

ttfn

Pete

Nigel Richards Avro 626 Prefect

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: FS2004_AVRO 626 'Prefect'

by Nigel Richards and Team

The package comprises:

The unfinished final 'beta' of Avro 626 'Prefect' the all-purpose trainer; in the markings of the last surviving example in RNZAF museum at Wigram (one of four purchased in 1935)

*FS9 Only* but should port-over to X ; Please respect this and don't ask for a conversion as it's not my field of expertise.

Released as-is with permission from other team members; as sadly it appears Nigel is not in a position to complete it, it has the most recent .air and cfg files Magoo and I were working on when Nigel went internet quiet; the previous set are included as backups

NO paintkit.. however with a bit of trial and error paints for the Tutor could be adapted. This completes the series of Avro biplanes ,621,626 and 646 created by Nigel.

Historical notes; 1) most of the later build RAF Avro Tutors were actually built as 'Prefect' versions, but without enlarged fuel tank capacity and the 3rd cockpit faired over
    2) the 3rd cockpit was used for both navigation/radio training and gunnery training; due to aeroplane C of G limitations all 3 cockpits were never occupied at same time

Copyrights:

FS2004, flight sim aircraft AVRO series designed by Nigel Richards.

Model Designer: Nigel Richards
    Textures: Nigel Richards
    Flight Model Design: James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges: Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine, Microsoft
    Sounds: Nigel Richards
    Special Effects/Gauges: Roman Stoviak

Special thanks to:

Milton Shupe for many hours of painstaking mentoring.
    James Banks for giving life to the flight dynamics.
    Tom Zimmerman for many long hours of sounds testing.
    SOH members beta test team.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nigel Richards Avro 626 Prefect
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Got it and glad to finally have it.

I’ve been waiting for it for a long time but it reminds me that it’s been a few years since we’ve heard from Nigel. I sure wish he’d surface but I fear that we might not hear from him again.

I wonder if the original skins for the original model will work on it. I can’t check myself because I’m still without a computer. I can upload remotely to my A-Drive account (crossload???) but I can’t download to this tablet and examine anything.

Now I wish I had grabbed all those 626 skins you painted for the 621. If they work on this model I’ll have to look them up and get them.

Hi Mick,( and everyone else)

The wings and horizontal tail surfaces will work, as will the forward fuselage; rear fuselage is slightly different
    due to 3rd cockpit, and the vertical tail .bmp incorporates
    the gun, ring and mount.

Re: Nigel; I've been in contact with other team members and other members & ex members here.. all say same thing everything stopped in May 2019...both electronic and snail mail communications have been unanswered.

He was really excited about the reception the Avro had in the wider fs world, and was looking forward to completing the 626 set ( including a floats version) ; and as I know Magoo has had HD and PC failures, and it looked likely I had the only working copy ( and my health hasn't exactly been good thanks to damage having covid left behind) I thought it was time to let it fly...and others agreed,so there it is. If you look closely you'll see the model has a couple of glitches inside but it's perfectly usable. Have fun with it, it's what Nigel wanted.

Ttfn

Pete

Very nice Pete, thanks.

Classic tex for a classic ac, and in a nice setting...just checking the state of the chardonnay in the Marlborough region...

Cheers

Shessi

Like all AVROs by Nigel and team it's an incredible beautiful model. I can remember Nigel had a second crewmember planned, but ran out of available polys for the FS9 version. The FSX version he had in mind would have the second crew member.

It is sad it never came that far. Nevertheless I still hope Nigel is doing well and his beautiful models will keep him among us.

Cheers,
    Huub

Looks like a keeper!!!

Thanks to ALL involved!

Cheers mav

Ps, Pete i'd like to have a go at adding a gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Looks like a keeper!!!

Thanks to ALL involved!

Cheers mav

Ps, Pete i'd like to have a go at adding a gunner.
    not enough poly's available as Huub says above

ttfn

Pete

Ha ha...Pete don't you believe it...if there's anyone who can do, Mav will..

Cheers

Shessi

Nigel tried to shave some polys from the rest of the aircraft. I don't think he ever succeeded to find enough to get the second crew member in.

But as Nigel wanted to have a gunner in the aircraft, I think he would love to see your attempt Mav!

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Like all AVROs by Nigel and team it's an incredible beautiful model. I can remember Nigel had a second crewmember planned, but ran out of available polys for the FS9 version. The FSX version he had in mind would have the second crew member.

Cheers,
    Huub
    I have upgraded all the FSX native versions of the Avro to include a 2nd crew member (activated by setting the weight in the payload section). I did it strictly for my own pleasure as with Nigel sadly out of contact there is no way to get permission to upload it. It is relatively easy to do if you have any MCX skills.

Sadly I don't think I can reverse engineer it back to FS9.

Gavin

Avro prefect

Pete,
    This has really come out of the blue. Think it should be called the Avro Perfect. As you say, thanks to The Nigel and Milton team members for producing this unsuspected gem.
    The metallic paint work is superb. Outstanding work that must have consumed a lot of non-flying hours and that is given to us all freely.

Sad that Nigel has dropped off the radar. Negative replies to all means of communication is always a very bad sign, but I always think of him and his enthusiasm when I fly the Tutors. I believe he always had a semi-secret hankering to produce a spitfire. Wherever you are Nigel, you are still making a lot of FS 2004 vets, smiley (despite the wrinkles - speaking just for myself of course).

Thanks again to the team.
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post

Sad that Nigel has dropped off the radar. Negative replies to all means of communication is always a very bad sign, but I always think of him and his enthusiasm when I fly the Tutors. I believe he always had a semi-secret hankering to produce a spitfire. Wherever you are Nigel, you are still making a lot of FS 2004 vets, smiley (despite the wrinkles - speaking just for myself of course).

Thanks again to the team.
    Mal
    Actually, he had a selection of projects on the go.. besides the scenery to go with the HMS Bounty; based on his ' childhood home' in North Wales, there were 3 more RAF biplanes from the ' Golden age' between the WW1 and WW2, one from Gloster, one from Bristol, and one from either Shorts or Supermarine

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2022

Works in P3D

I've been looking at converting it to P3D and I've had some success.

I've done a basic conversion and managed to add the 2nd crew member and the gunner (although the gunner isn't a perfect fit).

Nigel really did do gorgeous work.

Gavin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prefect P3D.jpg   Prefect 2 crew.jpg   Prefect gunner.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Actually, he had a selection of projects on the go.. besides the scenery to go with the HMS Bounty; based on his ' childhood home' in North Wales, there were 3 more RAF biplanes from the ' Golden age' between the WW1 and WW2, one from Gloster, one from Bristol, and one from either Shorts or Supermarine

Ttfn

Pete
    Nigel sure had some big plans! Can you image a Gloster Gauntlet in the quality from the Avro Tudor? Well I could....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nigel sure had some big plans! Can you image a Gloster Gauntlet in the quality from the Avro Tudor? Well I could....
    I seem to recall seeing the first viewing of the Gauntlet ( he sent a couple of screenshots over the wires), even in unrendered format it was
    to my mind; a step up from the Tutor..

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 1