Treasure Island for the Boeing B314

Thread: Treasure Island for the Boeing B314

Treasure Island for the Boeing B314

A great find I made and wanted to share this Treasure Island scenery that looks pretty good and works well for P3DV5+

The readme states to copy the two scenery/textures to your addon and activate them separately - that may be well for FSX but for P3D I did that and all the buildings were black,
    So I just copied the Kenny's textures contents to the treasure island scenery folder and all the buildings will show.

Here is the link:

https://www.forums.fsvintageair.com/viewtopic.php?t=8

Found the boarding dock that looks like the one used in the real video.

Very nice. But as with some other add on sceneries, there is no indication what part of the world are in. Is this fictional?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Tresor Island - San Francisco Bay, near Alameda, California, US

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Very nice. But as with some other add on sceneries, there is no indication what part of the world are in. Is this fictional?
    A quick geography lesson ( BTW this located in California (USA) Not fictional - I've been there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasu..._San_Francisco

Yep Pan Am may be long gone but Treasure Island is still there. Not bad for a place that started out as a World Expo site in the 1930s.

A quick geography lesson ( BTW this located in California (USA) Not fictional - I've been there.
    Ah, of course. - thank you I have been by it on the ferry from Sausalito!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Good find! Thanks!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    A great find I made and wanted to share this Treasure Island scenery that looks pretty good and works well for P3DV5+

Ivan, you have two sceneries there. There is the stone wall from the scenery you show us here and it's mixed with the FB Scenery MH which uses these FSX stone wave-breakers (mole). I guess you need to remove some files from FB scenery MH. Best check map and read which ICAO is given there. The treasure island scenery just uses 314B. I uninstalled FB Scenery MH, so I can't see it.

Look here, how nicely it looks right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	314B.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	86812

I also modified the platform in the pic, to allow driving into water. Not perfect but at least now with a fall. If someone knows how to contact the author, I'd provide him the file too but all links he gave seem dead.

The modified library with improved plattform can be downloaded here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RZy...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by blaunarwal; April 2nd, 2022 at 02:40.

FWIW You can just remove KSTI_ADEX_MH and KSTI_CVX from the FB Scenery MH if your going to use this Treasure Island scenery. Won't effect the rest of the package.

I have OXBX NA Northern California which interfere with this scenery - and I really don't know how I can manage...

Any clue on how I should proceed ?

Thanks

Gérard

Thanks for tip. I use this scenery in FSX with Blue Sky Scenery California (freeware) and Aerosoft San Francisco US Cities X (payware) and it works fine, but also with some weird stuff here and there...

Since I don't have any big flying boat like Catalinas or B314, I'm using KBT's US-2 Shinmaywa (AI made flyable), very nice but unfortunately uncomplete and not yet officially released...

Sorry for hijacking P3D thread though... Not much happening in FSX these days...

@Gaab

I have ORBX too but this harbor object comes certainly from another scenery, most probably freeware, there in this area.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dock2_2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	86815

Here on my computer with ORBX Global, California south and north, US Landclass and even an KSFO scenery in the area. Everything works fine.

GAAB and others. I checked the underlying airport file for Treasure Island because I also got some anomalies - only ground equipment in the water. The cause for that was the interpretation of the designators in the design as being gates not just parking. Because of that linkage with AI or airport scenery generally this causes P3D to display ground equipment groups. I amended the file and changed all the gates back to just GA parking so they can be still selected via the airport menu but the equipment is now not shown. The lamps are also correctly placed on the land or docks as appropriate not in water (or mis aligned in some others). I can only suggest temporarily unticking ORBX California and reload the scenery (with the fix supplied below) see if the Marinas are gone then alternatively move all of Treasure Island to top of the scenery config list that may also stop that ORBX quirk of ORBX first and ignoring anything else for the same place or spot.

I only use P3D stock plus ORBX Global and ORBX NA, so I do not get the marina being shown that must be coming from another scenery (Perhaps ORBX California?) This is what I now get with the fix:

I put a copy of the fix on my google drive for anybody who wants it just copy and place it in the Treasure Island Scenery folder no need to delete anything:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CID...ew?usp=sharing

I thought I would also mention that Vonostreims post showing FSX reminded me of the problem of older object bgls not being displayed in P3D even though perfectly good in FSX and there is no content error report generated by P3D about it either. What I noted were some additional hangars and wooden wharves near the end in his (My FB scenery for Treasure Island by the way was the same the Hangars not showing) but in P3D they are no show even though the rest is good. I know the reason because Kenny Fox used the same Cal Classic Classic or early hangars in his scenery (He used to do a lot of stuff there but has now gone to XPlane I think)

Same area but in P3D no hangars (but the rest is good) I have no fix for this issue. Maybe some guru at FS Developer will come up with something or an answer but not yet.

A measure of the bgl problem is; if you could unpack and identify the relevant objects it may be possible to then put them through Blender or say model converter and then put the fixed objects back and see if that fixes the problem. That is beyond me at the moment. This is still speculative. It is a cause of frustration to a lot other folk as making these building models is very time consuming on its own!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    GAAB and others. I checked the underlying airport file for Treasure Island because I also got some anomalies - only ground equipment in the water. The cause for that was the interpretation of the designators in the design as being gates not just parking. Because of that linkage with AI or airport scenery generally this causes P3D to display ground equipment groups. I amended the file and changed all the gates back to just GA parking so they can be still selected via the airport menu but the equipment is now not shown. The lamps are also correctly placed on the land or docks as appropriate not in water (or mis aligned in some others). I can only suggest temporarily unticking ORBX California and reload the scenery (with the fix supplied below) see if the Marinas are gone then alternatively move all of Treasure Island to top of the scenery config list that may also stop that ORBX quirk of ORBX first and ignoring anything else for the same place or spot.

I only use P3D stock plus ORBX Global and ORBX NA, so I do not get the marina being shown that must be coming from another scenery (Perhaps ORBX California?) This is what I now get with the fix:

I put a copy of the fix on my google drive for anybody who wants it just copy and place it in the Treasure Island Scenery folder no need to delete anything:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CID...ew?usp=sharing

I'm trying to figure out what this fix has changed? About all I noticed was some directional lines in front of the B314 and also on the next pier over.

I didn't see any cars parked behind a building like you have in your images. #15 -

I don't do ORBX sceneries except the free ones that don't require extra ORBX stuff.

It looks like this Kenny Fox you speak of did a Treasure Island for FS9 back in the day

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=treasure_island.zip&CatID=ro ot&Go=Search

But later, he made the one I posted here.

For the time being, I reverted back to what I had when I started this thread.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 2nd, 2022 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    @Gaab
    I have ORBX too but this harbor object comes certainly from another scenery, most probably freeware, there in this area.
    I don't have any freeware in the surrounding (except Treasure Island of course).
    But you gave me the idea to check the scenery parameters... and disabling "Harbor Objects in Oakland area" cleared the marina objects in Treasure Island.

Thanks for help

Gérard

GrayEagle the fix was to stop P3D interpreting a Gate like an airport and hence populating it with vehicles. All I did was change those points to GA Ramps which do not get vehicles. Some people saw the problem others did not. The only other way to get rid of that sort of stuff is to adjust the airport vehicles traffic slider in the main menu to zero if this happens. Thats all because I was getting the baggage carts and tow truck floating out in the bay too!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Maybe some guru at FS Developer will come up with something or an answer but not yet.
    I found on FSDeveloper that to convert a Library from old format to V4/V5 you simply need to import it in MCX and "export scenery" (not object) in bgl V4 format !

I did it for the K_ Library.bgl and

It is that easy !!!

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by gaab View Post
    I found on FSDeveloper that to convert a Library from old format to V4/V5 you simply need to import it in MCX and "export scenery" (not object) in bgl V4 format !

I did it for the K_ Library.bgl and

It is that easy !!!

Gerard
    Ah yes... this is the FS9 scenery that you converted.

Would be nice if a hanger could be added to the TI scenery ( I provided a link to) as shown in photo

This photo is of first PAN AM flight from TI.

GAAB well there you go could not find that for want of looking. I got a few like that to do now. Great thanks for that!

Postscript - yep that did the trick marvellous! Now to go and fix up a few other places!
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; April 2nd, 2022 at 22:28.

Starting location for Treasure Island

When I select the treasure island location with Kenny's treasure island scenery, it puts me a ways out from the pier and I would like to be as close as possible to the pier when
    I load the B314 there. Other then save the flight at the location it was last at, is there a way to change the start location to closer to the pier then from where it starts?

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post

I also modified the platform in the pic, to allow driving into water. Not perfect but at least now with a fall. If someone knows how to contact the author, I'd provide him the file too but all links he gave seem dead.

The modified library with improved plattform can be downloaded here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RZy...ew?usp=sharing
    Your ladder looks identical to what I already had in the TI scenery. As for me, was no need to use it. Not sure what the desired effect was. There are two ladders on
    the dock, I highlighted just one of them but they both look the same as your ladder. I tried it and saw no difference which is why there wasn't kudos from me.

Members who have read this thread: 1