DC Designs Concorde is out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs Concorde is out

DC Designs Concorde is out

Just got an e-mail from Justflight...the bird looks supersonic!!!

I hope they did a good job on the prop disks! '-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I hope they did a good job on the prop disks! '-)
    Ugh...

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

"Verschil moet er zijn"

That's a well known and often used Dutch proverb (here in the Netherlands that is..). It means "There must be a difference".

'Your mileage may vary' can possibly also cover the load here.

Atm there are exactly 2 replies and 390 views for the Concorde topic at hand here.

At the same time, all together 3 topics ( including one regarding pre-release) accumulating 258 replies and 16241 views all together over at Avsim.

The difference between SOH and Avsim has always been pretty obvious of course. And quite rightly so in my flightsim fora book. But i think the difference here re the Concorde is still pretty remarkable. I have no intension to go and buy Dean's new supersonic baby, certainly not my cup of tea neither, but it does look quite nice and it's a very remarkable aircraft.

I have only read a few of the post release comments at Avsim but it seems " Your mileage may vary" also applies here.

I hope Dean goes back to 'vintage' sooner or later. ( i love his Stearman )

Yes indeed, I didn't expect a large audience for the Concorde here at SOH either.
    A TSR2 would have been different, though

At time of this typing, 588 replies on the official forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...oncorde/453230
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I hope Dean goes back to 'vintage' sooner or later. ( i love his Stearman )
    Well, the Concorde may be slender and supersonic, but I think it qualifies as 'vintage' as well.

That's probably why I love it so much, anyway

The variety of liveries being created for the Concorde on flightsim.to is astonishing - think of an airline, any airline - it's only a matter of time before the Red Bull Aerobatic Team livery appears.
    It's turning into the coffee cup contest, round 2! As my grandmother used to say "Kids! Who'd have 'em?"

Was thinking about doing a livery for fun as well.

Red Bull Idea is not to bad. If it wasn't grounded, this would be the ultimate company jet for those who don't know where to put all tjeir money
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Well, the Concorde may be slender and supersonic, but I think it qualifies as 'vintage' as well.
    You could certainly be right but personally i'd go for a 1930's biplane calling it 'vintage' rather than a 1970's supersonic jet. Btw i found about 40 different meanings regarding the word 'vintage'... It seems to apply to wine in the first place. Only occurs to me now that it has the word 'age' in it but doesn't sound like that, right ? ( the Dutch language gets overgrown with English words more and more but 'vintage' is not one of them ( i think...;-)

probably why I love it so much, anyway
    Coincidently i stumbled over a video displaying a totally awesome, 10 meters long RC model of the Concorde. A total beauty ! If i go and watch it again i might easily be tempted to buy Dean's digital recreation. Extremely impressed by it's beauty ! (it even sounds a bit like the real one ! )

https://youtu.be/3zGeVSAHeuk

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You could certainly be right but personally i'd go for a 1930's biplane calling it 'vintage' rather than a 1970's supersonic jet.
    You do realize that the early 70's was 50​ years ago?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    do realize that the early 70's was 50​ years ago?
    Yeah, well, we (and our anchestors) have been stumbling around here creating and destroying things just as easy for 6 million years. So what's 50 years, éh ? A mere blink of an eye. If you like to call that vintage that's alright with me.

It is quite fun. I am starting to like it after finishing my first flight. Last attempt ended in a CTD, but tonight I managed to fly KSFO to PHNL at FL600 and <Mach 2 for most of the way.
    During the flight I read the manual and found out how the fuel balancing should work properly. Next time I will set it up properly so I can balance it right through the phases (I started out wrong for this flight). I had some issues on approach though, ATC assigned me the 4R ILS Y approach, including the way to ILS path via HNL with a VOR radial and a DME Arc. I learned that stuff with the DC-6 so I knew what I should do in theory. I had an issue with the aircraft now following the VOR radials, though. I could make it work if I switched it from Radio to INS and back again after setting things up. Without that it did not latch to the radials and the ILS approach. I had AP1 and AP2 active, don't really know if I may have screwed something up or if it still an issue with the model. Could you comment on this Dean?

It went dark while I tried setting up the approach (had to add some fuel a couple of times ), so the final was in pitch black darkness. I looked up the proper speed, deactivated the autopilot and managed to guide it in quite well. The feeling of dropping onto the nosewheel is quite interesting, I thought the nose would start scratching on the runway when it dropped and dropped, but of course the gear was ok and I could slow it down and head to the gate.

The Pepsi livery always fascinated me, so I chose that one for today.

All in all, I was a bit sceptical still about this one as it was advertised explicitely as not study level. Concorde always fascinated me from an engineering point of view, so I had to pull the trigger. It comes close enough for me, keeping me busy during the flight with the fuel management, etc. It also has a good 70s vibe with the instruments and cockpit layout. My main visual gripe is yoke which is done in a very reflective material and looks quite a bit out of place. One can disable it though.

Quite happy I got it and looking forward to more flights and mastering this absolute unit of a machine!

In 1970 50 years prior was 1920, and that was definitely vintage. So 2022 back to 1970 - thats got to be vintage, no matter how modern it still looks, and how much its performance isn't matched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You do realize that the early 70's was 50​ years ago?
    YES!!! very well aware of it...

I got pinged from Just Flight of a major update to the Concorde. Quite a few items on the list. Can someone explain to me why these products get released with so many updates in just a few days after initial release?

I got pinged from Just Flight of a major update to the Concorde. Quite a few items on the list. Can someone explain to me why these products get released with so many updates in just a few days after initial release?
    Because Beta Testers don't really know how to beta test. Plus no beta testing team, as good as they might be, can possibly match hundreds of people using a product on vastly different systems and and different configs. So all the problems tends to crop up after release. You don't know, what you don't know.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Well, I took a picture anyway after the update. I've not had time to fly it. Sorry for the large file.

Yes. The host simulator is still being updated and as a result changes in code affect add-ons. Very often, code has to be re-written to make the package compatible again and an update is released. SU9 is about t happen so expect further updates from most devs. That's life mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yes. The host simulator is still being updated and as a result changes in code affect add-ons. Very often, code has to be re-written to make the package compatible again and an update is released. SU9 is about t happen so expect further updates from most devs. That's life mate.
    The Concorde has exceeded my expectations at least.

Brilliant Shot @dvj!

Took her for a spin yesterday, short hop from JFK to Miami. I had a cockpit texture mod installed which doesn't really seem compatible, but I was very happy to see the yoke textured now.

I'm not sure whether the pump and vent state displays worked before, it's pretty good right now!

When "Bat outta hell" started playing on my Spotify during the background, everything came together. Will keep flying this one!

And 1.0.2 is already following up.

Here's the Changelogs by the way:

v1.0.2
    - Changes to Autopilot MAX CLIMB ( now pitch-based with new IAS values )
    - Further additions to Interactive Checklist to assist in Fuel Transfer procedure
    - Further additions to Interactive Checklist to assist in CLIMB and DESCENT procedure ( bypassing MSFS autothrottle problems )
    - FO CDI indicator reversal fixed
    - Multiple AUTOLAND precision ILS approaches tested and confirmed working ( LAX, Heathrow, Filton, Bristol, Gatwick, Inverness )

V1.0.1

- ADF and VOR compasses animated
    - ADF needles corrected
    - ADI pitch animation corrected
    - LOD01 external model improved
    - Autopilot emissives enhanced
    - ACFS panel texture weathering reduced
    - Window frame texture resolution increased
    - Engine condition annunciators animated
    - Landing gear retraction animation improved
    - Stray polygon UV maps on fuselage fixed
    - Air France registration fixed
    - HSI TO/FROM flags added for VOR navigation
    - FO Panel light knob animation fixed
    - Shot handle numbers correct parenting fixed
    - STAB / FEEL switches "OFF" labels corrected
    - Multiple switch Wwise sounds corrected or added
    - FO turn/slip face corrected
    - External fin UV map corrected
    - Manual updated with new information and instructions
    - Interactive Checklist expanded to cover entire flights in more detail (from cold and dark start all the way to shut-down)
    - Checklist EPU switch erronous position corrected
    - Multiple switch / button Interactive Camera IDs added
    - Multiple MI indicators ( OPEN / SHUT / IN-LINE ) added
    - Further refinements to flight model, engines and other files
    - Apron.FLT file modified and improved to enhance "Cold and Dark" start procedures

Hi everyone,

Great screenshots and glad to hear you're enjoying Concorde!

I didn't make a fuss over this launch here as it's not a military airplane so didn't fit as well here as it does over on Avsim. Seems like most people are enjoying it!

I'm back to military and vintage for the rest of this year and into 2023 though! AV-8B Harrier II, F-4J Phantom and A-10C Thunderbolt II, plus the P-61B ( freeware ).
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Great screenshots and glad to hear you're enjoying Concorde!

I didn't make a fuss over this launch here as it's not a military airplane so didn't fit as well here as it does over on Avsim. Seems like most people are enjoying it!

I'm back to military and vintage for the rest of this year and into 2023 though! AV-8B Harrier II, F-4J Phantom and A-10C Thunderbolt II, plus the P-61B ( freeware ).
    I just died and went to heaven! Flightsim heaven!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Congratulations on the Concorde, it's a masterpiece! I bet that if you could do a 737-300 with even entry-level systems, you could retire next year!

Members who have read this thread: 0