Big Radials Goose (payware) released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Radials Goose (payware) released

Big Radials Goose (payware) released

Big Radials released their new Payware version of the Goose. Detail is awesome, systems are really cool (a hidden panel with a modern radio and GPS, plus switches for the anchor, etc.), and the flight model feels really great!

Audio is also superb (though there's currently an issue with the left engine being quieter -- reported it on their Discord). Most authentic sounding radial I've heard in MSFS.

Yeah, we have the freebie, but this is in a whole different class. If you like amphibians, it's a must-buy.

And old skin, from „Tales of the Gold Monkey” TV series, like B.Lyons model years ago!

About 24$ https://orbxdirect.com/product/bigradials-grumman-goose .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

AUD$35 (approximately US$26, €24, £20) from here:

https://bigradials.com/products/jrf-6b-goose

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Wonderful news, will be getting this one ASAP.
    Only available from BigRadials and Orbx?
    No MS Marketplace or Simmarket?

very pretty I think
    jk616 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk625 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ha! Got it yesterday without realising it had only just been released. Loving it so far and already been told there's an update.
    I'd flown the freeware version from Southampton to Singapore following the Empire flying boats route and this is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Now onwards to Sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Wonderful news, will be getting this one ASAP.
    Only available from BigRadials and Orbx?
    No MS Marketplace or Simmarket?
    It's going to be on Marketplace, but they have a ridiculously slow certification process that results in a week to months delay before products go live.

On the Discord they said SimMarket sales were really low for the P-40 so they're not sure if they're going to bother there.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Nice shot dvj! Unfortunately Im playing Apache in DCS now so MSFS is on the shelf, but I will definitely take it sometime.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

it has to be said that Big Radials did an outstanding job on this - and already have released a minor update with another on the way.

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice shot dvj! Unfortunately Im playing Apache in DCS now so MSFS is on the shelf, but I will definitely take it sometime.
    The only annoying thing on my side is the detectable audio loop in the radial engine sound. Maybe that will be addressed in future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    It's going to be on Marketplace, but they have a ridiculously slow certification process that results in a week to months delay before products go live.

On the Discord they said SimMarket sales were really low for the P-40 so they're not sure if they're going to bother there.
    Now that's weird, since to me Simmarket is the best working vendor by far. To each one their own, I guess. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    The only annoying thing on my side is the detectable audio loop in the radial engine sound. Maybe that will be addressed in future updates.
    Yes! This drives me crazy. It's mostly detectable during climb but even during a higher-powered cruise it's impossible for me to ignore.

I was surprised by the lack of stars and bars on the wings, and the shape of them on the fuselage, so I added/changed them

jk636 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk649 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Yes! This drives me crazy. It's mostly detectable during climb but even during a higher-powered cruise it's impossible for me to ignore.
    Impossible to mis by the developer too. Hope it gets sorted soon as this is staying in the hangar for now.

Thanks for the heads-up. Cheers.
    Great places to fly in MSFS - history, maps, old pics etc:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCqCzobOlQLeGycCFnavVrPg

It looks like a very nice model. But the front of the engine cowls looks too flat and wider than what I see from images of real Grumman Gooses (geese?). They appear to “enclose” the engines more than they should. Far be it for me to criticize, however, because I couldn’t model my way out of a wet paper bag. But it’s the first thing my eye is drawn to when I look at the Big Radials version.

Cowlings looks fine to me. Real Goose:

Also not hearing the looping on the engines, so it's odd y'all are so bothered by it. I thought the engine sounds were fantastic. (Not denying that you're hearing it or that it's irritating to you, but just pointing out for others thinking of the plane that it's not a complaint everyone has. Haven't seen it cited on the official forum or the Discord...)

Cowlings looks fine to me. Real Goose:

Also not hearing the looping on the engines, so it's odd y'all are so bothered by it. I thought the engine sounds were fantastic. (Not denying that you're hearing it or that it's irritating to you, but just pointing out for others thinking of the plane that it's not a complaint everyone has. Haven't seen it cited on the official forum or the Discord...)
    That's a livery screaming for Jankees treatment.
    I hear the sound loop. It's a higher frequency then the background engine noise. I've only had 1 session with the Goose & I'll fly it again to check if I hear it when the view is inside or outside the cockpit.
    It's also been mentioned in other forums.
    T43

Cowlings looks fine to me. Real Goose:Also not hearing the looping on the engines, so it's odd y'all are so bothered by it. I thought the engine sounds were fantastic. (Not denying that you're hearing it or that it's irritating to you, but just pointing out for others thinking of the plane that it's not a complaint everyone has. Haven't seen it cited on the official forum or the Discord...)
    As is with just about every sim release, the buyer becomes a beta tester to sort out the bits n bobs. The audio looping is quite obvious to me and others. I can also detect it in the review videos. Glad I'm not the only one to hear it, otherwise I would think it was the single malt. All in all, the audio sounds are no better than the reworked freeware Goose which is pretty darn fantastic. At least this model Goose lands very nicely on water and is steerable.

Found these images that better illustrate the cowling for this particular model. A little work is needed. and

Anyone here connected with "Big Radials"? Here are a couple of the original Grumman blueprint drawings for the cowl ring, which provides a clear cross-section and dimensions.

Cowl rings of this era rounded inward, and the cross-section resembles the leading edge airfoil of a wing (as my experience modeling the B-25 to original blueprint drawings showed as well).

A bigger version of each drawing can be found my clicking on the image and viewing them in full size off of the Flickr page (if anyone should want an even larger version, just let me know).

The other thing I noticed, looking at the screenshots, is that they have the starboard nacelle mirrored from the port-side - one of the problems as a result of this is that the carburetor intake/scoop is on the wrong side of the starboard nacelle/cowling.

Also, looking at the product screenshots, the port-side cowling has latches on both sides, and the starboard cowling has no latches at all. In reality, both cowlings are identical to one another, with both having latches on the starboard-side of each cowling and no latches on the port-side of each cowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Anyone here connected with "Big Radials"?
    I've posted your pics on the MFS forum, which they visit.

Members who have read this thread: 0