A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Repaints

Description: This is a repaint for the Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140 (MSFS) to represent G-BTBV in her striking scarlet and white livery. Cessna 140 C/N 12727 was built in 1947 and originally registered N2474N. Although still UK-registered, I believe 'BV is based in Germany.

There's no paintkit or plain white textures for this model so I made the skin from bits of the FSX paintkit and whichever of the included textures were easiest to clean up. Most of the heavy lifting is done by AH's base textures, COMPs and NORMs, which seem excellent.

The real aircraft has the wing root fairings painted red to match the fuselage but the front of the fairings are mapped to part of the wing leading edge so I had to leave them white. There's also a QV code on the cowling (that's what it looks like, anyway..) which is larger in real life, but I lost the will to live trying to find the 5 rivets I needed silver instead of red!

INSTALLATION

Simply unzip the download and drop the 'AH-Cessna140-GBTBV' folder into your MSFS 'Community' folder and you should be good to go. Repaint by Steve Mercer based on textures created by Aeroplane Heaven.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140 G-BTBV
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.