Ukraine Flanker: help with XML gauge mod

Thread: Ukraine Flanker: help with XML gauge mod

Ukraine Flanker: help with XML gauge mod

Like most things about the Bear Studios Flankers. But, no one seems to have been able to get the AP to work and there are lots of other unresolved issues. So, I have merged another more simple VC which works well with one problem. In order to have a clean/no weapons view it needs an XML logic gauge from the original panel that removes the stores if you zero the loadouts. However, that same XML also screws up the AP logic so you can't change the VS or use the GPS. If someone here knows their way around XML programming, somewhere in the attached xml file there should be sections that are overriding the normal functioning of the AP determined by the FDE. At least that's what I suspect. Any help most appreciated!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by expat; March 13th, 2022 at 14:49.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Not sure I can help. Can you tell me which specific Flanker(J-11 or J-15..?) and version you are working with..?

Thanks for coming back. I think it is the latest/last version of the Su-30 and J-15 and they seem to have the same gauges and logic specs. The xml has quite a lot of different functions - I don't really understand it - so it's a question of removing the section that interferes with the Autopilot but not the loadouts - unless there is another way to get the loadouts to disappear, but Bill said in the readme this depends on both zeroing out the payload in the UI as well as having the relevant logic in the gauge, which my trial and error seems to validate. The loadouts of course look cool, but as people know IRL most flight time in fighters is in a clean config.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Flanker AP Never Worked

Lateral thought: IF anyone has EVER figured out how to set even just the Alt Hold AP function in the default Bear Studios VC (which has lots more functions to play with than the simple substitute VC I am using) then this for me would be solved and I could just use the default VC with or without stores.

Having only recently got the Bear Flanker I have combed the boards and have NEVER seen anyone say they know the trick to using the AP. Don't think BS ever fixed this. Anyone know otherwise?

Resolved

Think I have now resolved this. Using the default VC you need to get the AP up on the Up Front Control Panel and then on about Page 45 of the maunal (in PDF format) I experimented and discovered I could enter a target altitude and it would then acquire and hold that altitude. Not at all very clear in the manual and I have not found anyone on any boards sharing this tidbit of essential info. Anyway, using the default VC is the best solution as you can also fly with no stores/adjust loadouts. Moreover, the level and detail in the programming and functionality of this is incredibly sophisticated - what Bill W. did making this is quite remarkable.

And love that "eggplant" paint scheme. Now if someone could make or even covert to FSX native an S-34 Fullback/Platypus/Hellduck that would be great . .

Thank you for tracking down and sharing your resolution.

At one time Bill W. said that the S-34 was on his to do list. I doubt we'll see that now.

Members who have read this thread: 0