AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 9
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Has this aircraft been released? If so where can I find a download? TIA
    It's in the 40th Anniversary update of MSFS. Once you update the sim, you have the DC-3. There is an enhancement in the MSFS Market Place which you should also download and install.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Great choice, nicely executed.
    T43
    thank you.
    It is still a bit too scratchy for my liking, but I'm hoping for a paintkit later on...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    thank you.
    It is still a bit too scratchy for my liking, but I'm hoping for a paintkit later on...
    JK
    I have a question for you _
    This "Enhancement" from the Market Place appears to be higher level interior & exterior textures, [I am having difficulty nailing down what exactly it is].
    Will your liveries load on Standard & "Enhanced" DC-3/C-47's?
    T43

Hi,

JK
    This "Enhancement" from the Market Place appears to be higher level interior & exterior textures, [I am having difficulty nailing down what exactly it is].
    T43
    So far i could tell it's a complete fallback, so if a repaint works with the "standard" it will also work with the "enhanced".

Only the whole folder structure is a bit of a puzzle.

Marcel

JK
    T43
    I have looked at these 'enhanced ' textures, and they are exactly the same as the normal ones, just twice as big. I have, to be honest no idea what to do with them? Drop them in the original folders? And the textures themselves are exactly the same, so how are they enhanced? I'm puzzled, and not just about this. As Marcel says, I don't fully understand the file structure either.
    So far, my textures are based on the normal textures, maybe if AH releases a paintkit...

NATS (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NATS (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Hi Jankees,

You probably expected this, but would you mind doing a Belgian Dak like this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KN13-GD.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	88921

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Jankees,

You probably expected this, but would you mind doing a Belgian Dak like this one?

Cheers,

Priller
    Was on my list, but with the red stripes, if that is ok? Or do prefer bare metal? That is easier...

Was on my list, but with the red stripes, if that is ok? Or do prefer bare metal? That is easier...
    I don't want to be, nor can I be picky, but the bare metal one is my favourite. Our national insignia is colourful enough to my liking!

Thanks a million in advance! And thanks for almost always including the Belgian AF whenever possible as you do!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2023

Missing Knob to switch from Sperry to Electronic A/P?

On the day of the release I did not have to load the new planes from the marketplace, possibly because I own the Premium MSFS. I did notice in the marketplace the option to load the DC3, which I did not do. When running the DC3 the panel displayed the electronic A/P. Today I first visited the marketplace and could not find the option to load the DC3. When I started the DC3 it now shows the panel with the Sperry auto pilot instead of the electronic one. I could not find the knob, described in the manual, that switches from Sperry to electronic. The manual indicates the toggle should be at the base of the main instrument panel immediately below the manifold pressure gauge.

Possibly this could have been overlooked by MS/Asobo. Anyone find it somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    On the day of the release I did not have to load the new planes from the marketplace, possibly because I own the Premium MSFS. I did notice in the marketplace the option to load the DC3, which I did not do. When running the DC3 the panel displayed the electronic A/P. Today I first visited the marketplace and could not find the option to load the DC3. When I started the DC3 it now shows the panel with the Sperry auto pilot instead of the electronic one. I could not find the knob, described in the manual, that switches from Sperry to electronic. The manual indicates the toggle should be at the base of the main instrument panel immediately below the manifold pressure gauge.

Possibly this could have been overlooked by MS/Asobo. Anyone find it somewhere else?
    Not quite following this one.
    Are you loading a Classic or Retro DC-3?
    The Retro comes with an AP & GPS.
    I have been using the Sperry AP in the Classic. Are you saying that in the Classic DC-3 there is an alternative AP to the Sperry?
    T43

I have looked at these 'enhanced ' textures, and they are exactly the same as the normal ones, just twice as big. I have, to be honest no idea what to do with them? Drop them in the original folders? And the textures themselves are exactly the same, so how are they enhanced? I'm puzzled, and not just about this. As Marcel says, I don't fully understand the file structure either.
    So far, my textures are based on the normal textures, maybe if AH releases a paintkit...

NATS (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NATS (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    I'm probably going to uninstall the Enhanced Textures as it would make room for more Jankees repaints!
    T43

Trying to figure out if those Marketplace add-ons are just higher-red versions of the lame stock textures or if there are also additional models, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Trying to figure out if those Marketplace add-ons are just higher-red versions of the lame stock textures or if there are also additional models, etc.
    Consensus so far is just higher-res versions of the lame stock textures.
    T43

SOH-CM-2023
    Not quite following this one.
    Are you loading a Classic or Retro DC-3?
    The Retro comes with an AP & GPS.
    I have been using the Sperry AP in the Classic. Are you saying that in the Classic DC-3 there is an alternative AP to the Sperry?
    T43
    My error. Finally found and loaded the upgrade and see both classic and retro planes and corresponding APs. The documentation does not always match the MSasobe changes.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Jim

AH explain on their Facebook page that uninstalling the extended textures will downgrade the cockpit too https://m.facebook.com/100044507653085/

Thanks for the repaints, Jankees.

Might you also consider a US Marine livery somewhere down the line?

Thanks!

If we're politely asking Jankees for paints, I'd love to see a C-47 with Day-Glo orange... There were Canadian, Navy, and USAF schemes that used them. Always loved the contrast with the metal (and sometimes white).

Okey, AH response to the flightmodel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4hmyBTH6CM

Suggested trim 17% nosedown on take-off (while real manual says neutral...) also the plane lift-off too early.

Wonder did they/he get over-fixated on the trim im(balance) and forget the general feel of the plane...

Just my 2 cents...

Marcel

PS:
    Just released, hope it makes it better:
    https://flightsim.to/file/43826/ccm-...ight-model-mod

What am I missing? I thought the DC-3 was released with four different door configurations: left side airstair, right side airstair, C-47 style double cargo doors, and another cargo door variant. So far, I only see the left side, C-47 cargo door variant, and I even looked in the manual and saw nothing about how to access the other door configurations. Has anyone else run across this?

Kent

Kent, the variations are arranged by livery. Yellow/Red is a Cargo, World Travel is a left door, Metal is a right door and so on.

Icon25

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Kent, the variations are arranged by livery. Yellow/Red is a Cargo, World Travel is a left door, Metal is a right door and so on.
    Ah! So it is! Thanks, Baz. I'll monkey around a bit....I'm certain I can get the left hand air stair door version merged with a classic cockpit VC...vs. the GPSized one.

Liking the airplane.

Thanks!

Kent

P.S. Please build us a Fokker F-27 for MSFS...love your machines.

Your problem will be if you go down to the galley area, you will not have a left door. You'll have a pax/cargo arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Your problem will be if you go down to the galley area, you will not have a left door. You'll have a pax/cargo arrangement.
    Perfect...I never leave the cockpit anyway (other than to go to an external view)...

Kent

All that work on the interior....I'm in tears...

Members who have read this thread: 4