AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Baz, I replied to that video with your 3-item list. Let's see what kind of response it gets...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Baz, I replied to that video with your 3-item list. Let's see what kind of response it gets...
    Looks like your response might have been filtered out.
    This chap has been doing these Jahn/Visser C-47 knock off videos for over a year.
    T43

The DC-3 in this video is the freeware one from flightsim.to.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    The DC-3 in this video is the freeware one from flightsim.to.
    Not sure about that.
    On another forum it is suggested the video was shot in P3D.
    Also, there have been 2 DC-3's in .to
    The first one, with a Kingair Cockpit, looks to have disappeared.
    The 2nd one, by roggeberg23 is still available, but doesn't use that BEA livery.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Not sure about that.
    On another forum it is suggested the video was shot in P3D.
    Also, there have been 2 DC-3's in .to
    The first one, with a Kingair Cockpit, looks to have disappeared.
    The 2nd one, by roggeberg23 is still available, but doesn't use that BEA livery.
    T43
    Yes you're right, the flightsim.to one is in Derby Airways livery. I actually downloaded it but couldn't get the engines running, decided it wasn't worth fixing anyway, binned it and tried to forget all about it!

I actually don't care who's DC-3 it is. What I object strongly to is the misleading, ill-informed mis-information contained in the video. It is based on supposition and nothing else. So what is its point? Other than to gain internet points I suppose. If people want the latest on the AH DC-3, come to our Facebook pages or read other threads here and get the real facts.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I actually don't care who's DC-3 it is. What I object strongly to is the misleading, ill-informed mis-information contained in the video. It is based on supposition and nothing else. So what is its point? Other than to gain internet points I suppose. If people want the latest on the AH DC-3, come to our Facebook pages or read other threads here and get the real facts.
    Well, it could be click bait, or someone taking the p**s.
    I religiously read the AH Facebook page, daily.
    Hoping.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Looks like your response might have been filtered out.
    More like deleted.

I posted again, he deleted within minutes.

As of 8:21 PM Eastern (0021Z), I posted again. Let's see how many times it takes before he blocks me.

Edit - it may have been that my reply had a link, but not sure. This last time I posted without a link back to Baz's response.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That looks like one of the most worthless flight sim YouTube channels. Thanks for setting us straight, Baz. I won't be reading your Facebook page or having anything else to do with Facebook if I can avoid it, but appreciate the info that dribbles through to here.

August

Look, I suppose it's pretty harmless in the end but if he wants genuine info, all he has to do is ask.

He's privated the video
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

It's not from AH so it's NOT official - go to the AH Facebook page if you want to see in their own words what they have said and what images they have shared.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]
    oSnstrtl2Mt223Pp75A5i7a20:amir
    ·

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]DC-3 C-47 LATEST

We are making this post in an attempt to halt the amount of requests/demands for updates on this release.

We need to clarify a few points.

1) No, it has not been cancelled

2) We are waiting on flight modelling which is being programmed out-of-house using significant flight test data from the period. This takes time and a lot of effort, given that the goalposts keep moving with continual upgrades to the sim.

3) When we have the fight model we can get the sounds finalised which are being professionally engineered, again, out-of-house.

We have received many requests for release dates which we just cannot estimate - there is no point -we are in the hands of professional suppliers. The number of suppliers in this field has shrunk considerably since the introduction of MSFS and they are all extremely busy.

We would appreciate that people give us due patience as we attempt to produce this important addition to the very best of our ability. Yes it has taken a little over a year so far which is nothing compared to a few other productions going on elsewhere.

More importantly, we would also appreciate a halt to the abusive, insulting mails and comments we have been getting. We have done no-one harm or taken money. We have simply taken time to get this one right. We do NOT deserve the vitriolic abuse we have been subjected to by "school-kids" who want their toys now.

We will continue to release updates and further information on the DC-3 build and its release as appropriate.

Thanks

[/COLOR]

This was pulled from the AH Facebook page as some folk can't get on FB or don't want to.
    The YouTube video is the same chap who has been flying the M. Jahn C-47, converted to MSFS, & I doubt the conversion was with M. Jahn's permission.
    T43
    [COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]oSnstrtl2Mt223Pp75"A5i7a20:amir ·

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]DC-3 C-47 LATEST

We are making this post in an attempt to halt the amount of requests/demands for updates on this release.

We need to clarify a few points.

1) No, it has not been cancelled

2) We are waiting on flight modelling which is being programmed out-of-house using significant flight test data from the period. This takes time and a lot of effort, given that the goalposts keep moving with continual upgrades to the sim.

3) When we have the fight model we can get the sounds finalised which are being professionally engineered, again, out-of-house.

We have received many requests for release dates which we just cannot estimate - there is no point -we are in the hands of professional suppliers. The number of suppliers in this field has shrunk considerably since the introduction of MSFS and they are all extremely busy.

We would appreciate that people give us due patience as we attempt to produce this important addition to the very best of our ability. Yes it has taken a little over a year so far which is nothing compared to a few other productions going on elsewhere.

More importantly, we would also appreciate a halt to the abusive, insulting mails and comments we have been getting. We have done no-one harm or taken money. We have simply taken time to get this one right. We do NOT deserve the vitriolic abuse we have been subjected to by "school-kids" who want their toys now.

We will continue to release updates and further information on the DC-3 build and its release as appropriate.

Thanks"

[/COLOR]

Apologies for the dog's breakfast post.
    I tried to edit it, without success.
    Copy & Paste from FB is trickier than I anticipated.
    T43

Business acumen can be a tough thing to apply...We all are looking forward to the release, and while most of us are also sick of the small percentage of impatient twerps out there, I'm having a tough time getting my head wrapped around the intended goal behind this latest FB post. My respectful advice as a business owner and consultant: Don't let the twerps in the minority dictate your interaction with your customer base.

That said, really looking forward to this package-- when it's ready to release, that is...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    My respectful advice as a business owner and consultant: Don't let the twerps in the minority dictate your interaction with your customer base.
    Kent
    I second this. I hate that there are people abusing anyone at AH, as that's just absurd. But it doesn't change the fact that I'd reckon most customers wouldn't dream of doing that and are happily awaiting this addon, if occasionally impatient from excitement. This message did little more for me though than once again cement in my mind that AH doesn't value their work by continuing to call it "toys." I'm 38 years old, and that probably puts me on the younger side of many simmers. That said, I don't look at addons as toys. I look at them as digital replicas/recreations for my hobby as an aviation enthusiast with a focus on vintage aviation. If they are just toys, I'm not their target market anymore. Bredok3D and Deimos make toys. Most addon developers make replicas for hobbyists. Why does AH want to keep putting themselves in the camp of toymakers as a retort against trolls? I want AH to respect their work as much as I want to respect it. It's hard work, it's breaking new ground in the new sim, and that's admirable. In short, don't feed the trolls and don't sell yourselves short AH. Be proud of making quality products for hobbyists.

SOH-CM-2023
    Being high on the list of the "Oh the joys of getting old" club, apologies for posting the UT video which echoed the same information supplied on AH's own website. The UT video wording seemed familiar but its source had faded from my memory. Thanks to fellow SOH members for setting me straight.

My high anticipation for the AH DC3 influenced me to post OLD news, thinking it was new. Sorry. Just hoping to experience the AH DC3 b/4 being visited by the grim reaper.

The reason behind our Facebook post has nothing to do with defensiveness or business acumen. It is a simple plea to halt the amount of hourly requests we get for updates and estimates of of a release date. On Facebook, we try to respond to everybody. The sheer amount of it is taking too much time to answer. And we have already stated several times now, why the DC-3 is not out yet.

As for "toys", yes, we believe they are. Others may well have another opinion. There is nothing wrong in that. This is a game. People "play" a game. Again, nothing wrong in that either. It's a very successful and beautifully produced game. But when I see that a large percentage of config entries for engine parameters are identical in several wildly different aircraft for example, the title "simulator" is a tad hard to apply.

If we have offended some people by calling these things toys, then so be it. They are to us. If that means some people therefore won't buy, then equally, so be it. It doesn't change the time we take to make them or the quality we strive to achieve.

Never has, never will.

Well AH is certainly consistent in its "messaging", I'll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Well AH is certainly consistent in its "messaging", I'll say that.
    Yep...Well done-- very classy, polite way to put it. Reminds me of a favorite saying: "You can tell ______ (fill in blank with whoever/whatever you want)...but you can't tell 'em much". Unfortunate.

Done with this topic...

Kent

something here reminds me of a baseball announcer we had here for decades - I didn't like him for a few reasons, this was just one.
    He would talk about no-hitters, and perfect games in the 7th inning...whenever we had a pitcher on track for either one - and he'd laugh about and ridicule the unwritten rules. We had some HOF pitchers, catchers and coaches here during that time and never had a perfect game or no-no over that entire span of time.
    - until the year after that guy retired. In that year we had 2 no-hitters and 1 perfect game. The announcers who followed him respected the rule and kept their mouths shut during the games where those achievements were possible.
    Needless to say - it was the announcer who was blamed every time the ballclub in all those prior years failed to get a no-hitter
    or perfect game..as if it was his fault entirely.

I have seen the 3rd party aircrafts in MSFS that Baz refers to - their cfg files are copy and paste jobs of the C172, or the Cap10 or one of the other ASOBO default planes because it's a shortcut.
    He isn't wrong about this being a game - or that since that's the case, these are toys being played with (in addition to there being zero consequences for pilot failure) but it occurs to me that it might be an unwritten rule within the community not to say it. It makes people react negatively.
    No one in the business of making addons for flight sim needs to become the strawman for the shortcomings of the simulator they are built for.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

So, used to be a cabin superviser in my late, late, working days. Lot of different planes and those were tools for a job. Present day for my enjoyment and pleasure, these are toys in a game . Cannot understand this anxiety about an incoming product. If in AH I ,price will be increased for sure, due to urgency ...think will have to wait and trust Bazzar. He knows very well what they are doing. Agree entirely with him. Think everybody should stop speculating

Baz- with a little over a month since the previous post, would you please forgive me for asking for an update? I hope it's not too soon, or too disruptive... I am very much looking forward to the old girl.

Ta- C

There was a post on the AH Facebook page a couple weeks ago in which they mentioned that they are now bound by an NDA (non disclosure agreement) and therefore cannot discuss the status/development of the DC-3 project.

Members who have read this thread: 5