AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    No, the texture is wrong tripped. Origninal GPU model is the Chipmunk one.
    I'm afraid not everyone has the Chipmunk ;-) (however I have it too). Good find.
    Last edited by YoYo; December 5th, 2022 at 02:03.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Thanks for your many paints Jankees.
    Do you fancy having a go at the Dakota Norway aircraft, LN-WND?

It looks like a Jankees candidate.
    Simple but elegant, with some nice color on the rudder.
    I'll watch for it
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    It looks like a Jankees candidate.
    Simple but elegant, with some nice color on the rudder.
    I'll watch for it
    T43
    working on it!
    LN (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LN (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Last edited by jankees; December 5th, 2022 at 06:08.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    God job, thx! Very nice skin mgr!
    Thanks for the compliment. Any opinions on the colour/tone on the KLM blue?

Myselve (and some others) not completely happy.

Experiment with Royal Blue/Kobalt-Blue:

I think its ok:

This blue looks different in closed space (like hangars, so it will look more darker but at sunny day its like the first part from your picture).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think its ok:
    This blue looks different in closed space (like hangars, so it will look more darker but at sunny day its like the first part from your picture).
    Now these are modern repaints, mostly not very accurate.

This is for example a real-one, only very dark:

Here the dark blue seems to be more inline with the blue in the tail/flag. Which colour is officially kobalt blue, yet there are many blues under that name, even under the same RAL (5013) number.

Marcel

Like this? See this, DC-6 (1948), looks darker, yes:

wouldn't it be the same blue as used in the Dutch flag?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Ohh, not good weather to flying Today over Netherlands but the 115 nm trip was successful.

Btw. I back out of it, the sound is there, it's quiet but it's there (so morse code from VOR and ADF is present).

LN-WND is uploaded
    LN-WND(013) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LN-WND(011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. Any opinions on the colour/tone on the KLM blue?

Myselve (and some others) not completely happy.

Experiment with Royal Blue/Kobalt-Blue:
    I'd stick with kobalt blauw, Marcel. That's the darker blue in your screenie, right ? (new)

Got this sample of Kobalt Blue :

But like you say, that particular tone is not carved in stone... ;-) But it just looks and feels right, doesn't it ?

Somehow i just like what i see here although not natural lighted. Check the red fueltank covers for comparison of color:

The blue color here just feels very familiar.(i have seen them for real you know, KLM DC-3's, 4's, 6's, 7's, Connies, Convairs, Viscounts and Electra's, right there on the tarmac of what is now called 'Schiphol-Oost'. On the panorama terras above the restaurant sipping on a bottle of 'Joy'.. ;-)

A question if i may, Marcel, is it your intention to do more KLM DC-3 schemes ?

Thank you very much again for giving us a KLM DC-3 to fly in our precious MSFS world !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I'd stick with kobalt blauw, Marcel. That's the darker blue in your screenie, right ? (new)
    A question if i may, Marcel, is it your intention to do more KLM DC-3 schemes ?
    It's indeed the more darker blue (new) in the screenshot, due to the jpg compression it's not that clear.
    Going indeed for the "kobalt blauw", which is also the blue of the official flag.

Funny thing is if you look up the official colours of the Flag you get several different RGB values for the same RAL-number:

RAL website RefSIM RAL2
    Rood RAL2002 #C63927 ac3c28 #bf3922
    Wit RAL9010 #F7F9EF f8f5ee #f1ece1
    Blauw RAL5013 #232D53 152742 #193153

At the moment using #232D53
    https://color-hex.org/color/232d53

Have you any KLM DC-3 livery which is your favourite?

Marcel

It's indeed the more darker blue (new) in the screenshot, due to the jpg compression it's not that clear.
    Going indeed for the "kobalt blauw", which is also the blue of the official flag.

At the moment using [FONT=courier new][COLOR=#232d53]#232D53
    https://color-hex.org/color/232d53
    I'd take that anyday. It's a beautiful blue. Great site, Marcel ! Really gives you the blues !

Have you any KLM DC-3 livery which is your favourite?
    Sure ! :

Jan

And here's the starboard side :

(© A.J.Jackson Collection)

Really !!?? ..... Thought i'd seen them all over at flightsim.to..

Thanks for the tip, Marcel ! Looks lovely ( i have no photo of DAZ but DAT doesn't show the blue cowl round..)

Ok then, i'd like to change my fav to whatever KLM livery i like 'em all !

What do you think about bringing back virtual PH-DDZ from the realms of FS9 ? We (Maam-Sim) did a lot of work back then to represent the real DDA PH-DDZ in FS9, including the typical panel and gauges. Ok, not really KLM but maybe as a tribute to the real DDZ which sadly cannot be seen here anymore (thank you Dutch Aviation Authorities! ).

To me atm it's unclear if she will ever fly again (registered in the UK for all i know..)

It's a nice colorfull livery, don't you think, Marcel ? And i made sure it's not on flightsim.to yet... ;-)

Thanks again my friend !

I made a slightly shinier retrofit version for my Swissair paint:
    Swiss(003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Swiss(006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

That's a great shot, Jan Kees ! She looks fantastic, almost 3D !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I'd take that anyday. It's a beautiful blue. Great site, Marcel ! Really gives you the blues !

Update is available: https://flightsim.to/file/45337/doug...tcy-circa-1946
    Last edited by mgr; December 7th, 2022 at 09:32.

Before Paine Field became such a pain to work with that the Historic Flight Foundation finally gave up and moved to Spokane, I saw their awesome DC-3 flying a number of times. It would be awesome to see that livery for the MSFS DC-3! (There's a Pan AM, but it's a different PA livery.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8yfD0.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	89207

https://flightsim.to/request/livery/...am-dc-3-n877mg

Thx mgr! (just thumbnail is with old blue)

About cockpit issue I noticed it to, however I did own mod for this, now I see its ok, I see classic cockpit.
    Last edited by YoYo; December 7th, 2022 at 12:25.

nearly done:
    NZNAC(005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZNAC(009) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZNAC(007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I'm 98% finished my RCAF template, and then I can create a few Canadian liveries for this great model! Thanks AH!

Image10 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

Image23 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

She looks absolutely fantastic, Marcel ! Thanks a lot !

If you ask me blue is spot on. Well done!

(remember to set your cowl flaps to Trail.. ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 5