AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Hope to see more of your paintings
    Even for PC-21....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    That list is missing N44V of the Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte (KCLT).
    Tom, do you know when the last time N44V was flown? As far as I know, and according to every DC-3 expert I've talked to, it has not been flown in several years and there are no immediate plans to fly it again. The list I posted of airworthy DC-3s are only those which are currently actively flown, or have flown in the last five years and may be flown again at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hello Javis

So now everything is fixed: The wheel is now mate. @Javis: Many thanks for the tips and hints. I have now reworked it a bit in the original font from the photo and font, so that it doesn't fray too much and copied and used. I think I'll leave it because I like it a lot and it's close to the original.....

And as I wrote here before. I don't work with Blender so it's very old school like FSX and P3D. But I am now fully learning with Blender.

I would also like to thank everyone for their positive comments.

Here the result:

Have nice Sunday...

Nice work!
    Is it gong to be released somewhere?
    .to?
    T43

As we're talking about DC-3s / C-47s and engine sounds, I thought I would post this. It took place in 2019 at Duxford, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day, and was the largest gathering of the type in the U.K. since the RAF retired them. The first aircraft seen, HA-LIX, is the world's only airworthy Lisunov Li-2. Amongst the other aircraft are PMDG's DC-3, ( with RSR in the left-hand seat ) and the only airworthy C-41 ( N341A at 7:09 ). A couple of the aircraft had technical problems and remained on the ground, but it was a spectacular event. I was standing a few yards away from where it was filmed - one of many memorable days spent at Duxford.

Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hello Javis So now everything is fixed: The wheel is now mate. @Javis: Many thanks for the tips and hints. I have now reworked it a bit in the original font from the photo and font, so that it doesn't fray too much and copied and used. I think I'll leave it because I like it a lot and it's close to the original.....
    Well done, Christian, she looks lovely !

"Peace begins with a smile"
    Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Nice work!
    Is it gong to be released somewhere?
    .to?
    T43
    Hi

Yes I will upload it to Flightsim.to tonight

@Javis: Thanks

Christian...

John, the last time I saw her fly was at least 20 years back, and then I saw her again at her home hangar a few years after. The FAA still has the registration as "Active," but that's all I know without trying to contact the museum directly. The museum's website still has it listed as an attraction, but that doesn't mean they fly it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    As we're talking about DC-3s / C-47s and engine sounds, I thought I would post this. It took place in 2019 at Duxford, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day, and was the largest gathering of the type in the U.K. since the RAF retired them.
    Thanks very much, Paul ! Made my day ! (not seen it before ! )

Came across this great follow up, all Daks arrive at Duxford. Great landing views ! All wheel landings, no three pointers https://youtu.be/8AZ1wvK7mYM

And another half hour of the same Dakotas day from another POV. https://youtu.be/PE8W0v8uwyY

Amongst the other aircraft are PMDG's DC-3, ( with RSR in the left-hand seat )
    Here's a video of the 'PMDG DC-3' at her final legs from Reykjavic to Prestwick and onwards to Duxford. Interesting camera setups ! https://youtu.be/hpK_XaCFnKA

Thanks again, Paul ! Just what the doctor ordered !

Btw, we finally have our beloved DC-3 back in MSFS now thanks to AH (thanks again and again, AH !) but PMDG having its own DC-3/C-47 does make one wonder, doesn't it...

The DC-3 is back in regular airline service on our VA Ohio Valley Aviation. I've missed it a lot. Took a bit to get it in the air but turns out I can still fly a virtual DC-3. So much fun.

Much of the US-based contingent for the 2019 gathering staged out of Waterbury-Oxford (KOXC), Connecticut, before crossing the pond, and I was able to get there for the pre-departure photo op and flypast. Nine of the Daks were present and it was a great morning, but it would have been even better to see some of the European participants, especially the Li-2. Thanks for the pics.

Not surprisingly with all the DC-3s buzzing around the country, 2019 was also a good year for Daks at Oshkosh, with 14 of them showing up in my photos and I probably missed a couple.

August

Good that you saw them, August.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks very much, Paul ! Made my day ! (not seen it before ! )

Came across this great follow up, all Daks arrive at Duxford. Great landing views ! All wheel landings, no three pointers https://youtu.be/8AZ1wvK7mYM

And another half hour of the same Dakotas day from another POV. https://youtu.be/PE8W0v8uwyY

Here's a video of the 'PMDG DC-3' at her final legs from Reykjavic to Prestwick and onwards to Duxford. Interesting camera setups ! https://youtu.be/hpK_XaCFnKA

Thanks again, Paul ! Just what the doctor ordered !

Btw, we finally have our beloved DC-3 back in MSFS now thanks to AH (thanks again and again, AH !) but PMDG having its own DC-3/C-47 does make one wonder, doesn't it...
    You're very welcome Jan, and thank you for your video links too. More Dakotas than you can shake a stick at - just as it should be.

When PMDG released their DC-6 as the first product in their Classics line, I think we all assumed the DC-3 would be next, what with them having their own 'research' aircraft. I hope it does happen one day.

Hmm , i always thought the 6 would be followed up by the seven.
    I for one would love to see that.

Redone my repaint of DDA Classic Airline for MSFS. Repaint is outside only at the moment, maybe a future version will also do the inside.

Download https://flightsim.to/file/44466/doug...pba-circa-2022

Enjoy!

Marcel

Thanks Marcel, just downloaded.

I have not tested the paints yet, but I saw someone posted that on the classic the sounds don't work, but they work fine on the Retrofit version.

And again, thanks for this paint, as it is one of my favorites next to the PH-DDA. Hope someone will create and share that one as well.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Thanks Marcel, just downloaded.
    I have not tested the paints yet, but I saw someone posted that on the classic the sounds don't work, but they work fine on the Retrofit version.
    Yes the strange (not) working of the fallback file-system of MSFS. So made the patch a bit more clear so the sound-folder is now found by both versions.
    A patched v1.2 is available at flightsim.to.

Marcel

PS
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Last edited by mgr; November 22nd, 2022 at 10:51.

FYI. Textures PACK 1 (by AH) is ready for download:
    https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_dc3liveries.php

Last edited by YoYo; November 22nd, 2022 at 12:25.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks YoYo

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    FYI. Textures PACK 1 (by AH) is ready for download:
    https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_dc3liveries.php
    Something wrong with the Transamazonica livery. It's supposed to be the Classic version, but loads as the Retrofit with blank white Garmin screens.

I'll take a look and we'll update the download. Thanks for the HU.

Since I've been a bit busy lately, I haven't been able to fly since SU11. Now I can and do pull the DC-3 out of the hangar. Many positive changes compared to P3Dv5. It looks nice . I have a question, is there a separate manual here for MSFS version?

Btw. here is P3Dv5 version: https://orbx-user-guides.storage.goo...ide-60631a.pdf (but there are probably some changes to this version).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yep, it's in your main MSFS folder, under:

\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\Documentation
    DC-3 Operations Manual.pdf

BTW, I'd suggest using Windows Search (slow) or Agent Ransack (free and awesome and super fast) to search your OneStore folder for *.pdf files. Lots of good documentation for various aircraft in there.

Thx Denny! I didn know about this path! Yes, you have right, DC-3 Manual is here and ... the others too. Thx for this tip!

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Hmmm, I didn't realize this, I must have been asleep when they sent out the memo.

I think this part of the model should be improved. Looks like LOD problem of interior (settings are not the same like external model). I noticed that from default external view model has white textures inside (pilots cockpit and cargo part). If you move camera a little closer, everything returns to its place so looks like LOD problem.
    White cockpit from external doesnt look cool. Did you notice it too?

Members who have read this thread: 5