UKMIL Buccaneer - Avionics/GPS Power Issue

Thread: UKMIL Buccaneer - Avionics/GPS Power Issue

UKMIL Buccaneer - Avionics/GPS Power Issue

Another recent thread reminded me this had been in the hangar awhile. Forgotten what a badass jet this is - and works and looks great in P3D. I cannot flip the Nav/GPS switch and could not even get the AP to power on without adding this to the electrics in the air.cfg: electric_always_available = 1

I will try swapping out the whole electrics and AP sections with another aircraft that has no issues but I did notice other a/c having similar problems recently, for example, Milton's B-26 is supposed to have automated generators (no switches) but I could not get any power without using the cfg entry above. Because these gremlins are currently with more than one plane it may other than the air.cfg entries - perhaps something to do with how my default aircraft is setup and whether or not starting from a saved flight I have read can cause similar issues. Want to fly that Buc . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Another recent thread reminded me this had been in the hangar awhile. Forgotten what a badass jet this is - and works and looks great in P3D. I cannot flip the Nav/GPS switch and could not even get the AP to power on without adding this to the electrics in the air.cfg: electric_always_available = 1

I will try swapping out the whole electrics and AP sections with another aircraft that has no issues but I did notice other a/c having similar problems recently, for example, Milton's B-26 is supposed to have automated generators (no switches) but I could not get any power without using the cfg entry above. Because these gremlins are currently with more than one plane it may other than the air.cfg entries - perhaps something to do with how my default aircraft is setup and whether or not starting from a saved flight I have read can cause similar issues. Want to fly that Buc . .
    Anyone know how to lower / retract the tai hook? Default H won't work, or the handle in the cockpit.

My setup has always been tied to "T" and lowered the hook by accident.

This aircraft is a candidate for a makeover by the experts here at SOH!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Anyone know how to lower / retract the tai hook? Default H won't work, or the handle in the cockpit.
    You need to add a tail hook entry into the aircraft.cfg. Ditto for the wingfold.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You need to add a tail hook entry into the aircraft.cfg. Ditto for the wingfold.
    Did that, works great. Thanks --

. . so back to what the OP asked

Is the non-working GPS/NAV switch on the left VC console and on the AP pop up just an issue for me or is this "feature" not changeable and somehow baked into the model? Testing air.cfg and gauge entries from a/c where this works normally didn't fix it.

Resolved

There was no entry in the aircraft.cg for [radios]. Adding one from another a/c fixes this.

Members who have read this thread: 1