Asobo automatic changes

Thread: Asobo automatic changes

SOH-CM-2023

Asobo automatic changes

Just started MSFS. Be prepared to make some setting changes. Interesting new screens prior to flight.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Just started MSFS. Be prepared to make some setting changes. Interesting new screens prior to flight.
    Could you kindly elaborate?
    I am stuck in an unwanted "Update" cycle so I can't get to the screens you mention.
    T43

SOH-CM-2023
    The changes were not the typical update download. They appeared as query screens that required user input after starting MSFS.

Among those screens was one for the selection of bing or non-bing data. Another showed all Assistance options as easy. One indicated your controls such as mouse, keyboard, etc.

When I started a flight, just before the last fly instruction, it showed my aircraft and scenery in a series of different views in motion. A nice feature.

After restarting MSFS, another query requested choosing between a UI (user interface) of cloud or local. I chose local and that resulted in using old Assistance data and the old-style screen starting a flight,

I have not found how to select the cloud UI again yet, if that is possible

You sure you're not in the Beta Flight? I just checked and I get nothing like that on my end running the current stable 1.22.2.0 version.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You sure you're not in the Beta Flight? I just checked and I get nothing like that on my end running the current stable 1.22.2.0 version.
    Same here

I don't get anything like that either...Nothing out of the ordinairy during loading MSFS...

What i do remember is that i wasn't able to fly MSFS for a day or 3 because Asobo changed the default setting of 'Assistance'.... They changed it to 'Easy' and i didn't know about that. So i went screaming up the wall for 3 days because i couldn't figure out for the life of me why for Pete's sake and butter my butt and call me a biscuit somebody would floor the throttle every time i touched it !

The same happend while trying to use rudder pedals or elev trim. No way i could set either of these without them being mysteriously set back to neutral position instantly. Drove me crazy!

I love Asobo but i would kindly asked them not to do that again! #!%*&^!!%$#

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Perhaps I got temporarily into the beta by accident. It was not intentional on my part and I don't know how if I wanted to. Anyway, I still show the 1.22.2.0 version and all seems to be so.

Thanks for informing me of the beta flight possibility.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I don't get anything like that either...Nothing out of the ordinairy during loading MSFS...

What i do remember is that i wasn't able to fly MSFS for a day or 3 because Asobo changed the default setting of 'Assistance'.... They changed it to 'Easy' and i didn't know about that. So i went screaming up the wall for 3 days because i couldn't figure out for the life of me why for Pete's sake and butter my butt and call me a biscuit somebody would floor the throttle every time i touched it !

The same happend while trying to use rudder pedals or elev trim. No way i could set either of these without them being mysteriously set back to neutral position instantly. Drove me crazy!

I love Asobo but i would kindly asked them not to do that again! #!%*&^!!%$#
    I've had that, after a couple of Updates.
    Now I check the Assistance settings & Graphics etc before the 1st post update flight.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 0