Stock P-47D/M overhaul, northern Europe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock P-47D/M overhaul, northern Europe

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Hmmm. I might have to check out the older 109Gs which I plan to use for Wilde Sau! The 190A's will be OK from gecko.
    Again from ETO: Bf 109G-6 climbing at 5200+ ft/min, G-10 at 6000+ ft/min, K-4 at 5400+ ft/min. There's no doubt about things being very wrong right there.

The normal G-6 should be around 3500 ft/min and the G-10 and K-4 around 4500 ft/min with the DB605DB, just barely edging close to 5000 ft/min with the DB605DC running at the full 1,98 ata boost. Somewhere in the middle is the G-14 with the MW50 injected DB605AM or -ASM doing around 4200 ft/min.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Just a note,When i say "fly great" i mean accurately,for better or worse. Accuracy is what keeps me interested in CFS3. Flight modeling is what makes CFS3 so enjoyable. When a model is accurate you can then use the proper tactics used by real pilots in aerial combat.With CFS3 you can model this better than most WW II air combat sims out there. Enjoy Rene's work in this often misunderstood area. Realism is why this is called a simulator and not just a "game". Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Been testing the new P-47's Rene has done and all i can say is you all are in for a treat ! They are simply fantastic in every way. Can't believe what can be done with a aircraft based on the stock model. They look and fly fantastic. Regards,Scott

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Just a comment

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Again from ETO: Bf 109G-6 climbing at 5200+ ft/min, G-10 at 6000+ ft/min, K-4 at 5400+ ft/min. There's no doubt about things being very wrong right there.

The normal G-6 should be around 3500 ft/min and the G-10 and K-4 around 4500 ft/min with the DB605DB, just barely edging close to 5000 ft/min with the DB605DC running at the full 1,98 ata boost. Somewhere in the middle is the G-14 with the MW50 injected DB605AM or -ASM doing around 4200 ft/min.
    One must be very cautious with all of these performance data. Many of the performance data fail to list weight as tested, these were done by corporate test pilots, best conditons etc. Also, a new plane with an engine with little to no time on it is very different from a worn or used engine with a bunch of flight hours on it. That being said, trying to get it right with those data is fun, but not realistic. For example, the JU88 G6 Brown tested flew at 400 mph well above the data stated a top speed of 389 or so. Point - all of the flight test data is so subjective and inaccurate due to many variables. Getting to feel right - I don't know but I am unaware of any one who flew these planes ever sitting at a computer console to fly these digital models....just saying!!!

But I do confess I spend countless hours trying to get it right (what ever that means). I have test runways with distance markers to see if I can get the plane to lift off at the claimed distances the flight test data state - try to get a Do217 E4 to alight at 800-900 meters without climbing like a Komet is a challenge.

Blog Entries
    Accuracy is best for me. It is what makes CFS3 the go to sim for WW II air combat as compared to others out there. Work like Rene's is so important ,it is what keeps me still interested in the sim. It is not the "wild west" as some other sims are,such as IL-2 ,in which i have vast experience with. Regards,Scott

The package has been sent to the upload queue. Available as soon as the process completes.

As a note, I had a lot of thoughts about drop tanks. In the end I went with the 108 gallon tank as the only option for simplicity. I could have made additional loadouts with the 75 gallon tanks used on the Mustangs, they would have been realistic too, but there's a ton of loadouts already and the practical benefit would have been near zero. If we had a proper 200 gallon belly tank I might have used it but we don't and the 108 gallon tank does the job perfectly well for the CFS3 flight distances. For the same reason there are no 150 gallon wing drop tanks, again they're not really necessary for the mission profiles the P-47 was doing by the time the bubbletop came into use and there's very little evidence about them having been used in Europe at all.

P-47D/M upgrade, CFS3.1a and ETO

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 American Aircraft

Description: Upgrade of the stock P-47D.

Credits: Model by Microsoft, updated by Luca Festari and Rene Leppä.

Flight Model by gregoryp of AvHistory (P47M) modified to reflect the P-47D/M series by Rene Leppä.

Skins by Rene Leppä, guidance and several borrowed parts by Nigel Dickinson.

Pylons by Rene Leppä.

Engine sounds by Lawdog2360.

Rene Leppä, March 2022.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-47D/M upgrade, CFS3.1a and ETO
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2020
    Fantastic, thank you for your hard work Rene. I look forward to trying these.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely Outstanding ! They fly and look fantastic, just as expected coming from you ! My favorite aircraft of WW II. The most accurately done P-47's to date.Amazing what can be done to a stock model ! Thank you Rene ! Regards,Scott

Nice one!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Beautiful!

Many thanks for the hard work by the team, much appreciated.

Cheers

Shessi

Since these are based on the stock P-47D model, if you desire to use the UV cockpit lights to illuminate the instruments you can add these lines to the effects section of your xdp files.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.275" PosZ="-1.75" PosY="0.75" Pitch="110" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.275" PosZ="-1.75" PosY="0.75" Pitch="110" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

and altitude dependent contrails would be

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" />
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Lovely work, Rene! Great skins!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Members who have read this thread: 1