No pilot in AH C-140

Thread: No pilot in AH C-140

No pilot in AH C-140

I don't see any pilot in the cockpit of the C-140 but when I shutdown, the pilot is outside of the aircraft. Start up the plane and he disappears.

Another 'hidden' switch.
    IIRC it should be the centre of the dash where there are three switches, the centre one of the three toggles the pilot.
    It's noted in the manual.......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yes, a hidden switch. But it doesn't work for all of us... I can get the pilot to show up, but he goes awol as soon as I take off...

SOH-CM-2022
    Same with me. See the switch, click the switch, hear the switch noise.

but thats it.

Same here as soon as I leave the ground they disappear the float version is ok
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    Yes, a hidden switch. But it doesn't work for all of us... I can get the pilot to show up, but he goes awol as soon as I take off...
    Maybe there is something in the manual about were he went or how to get him back.

For what it's worth I just tested with the wheeled version and I have no issue seeing the pilot. I can see him on the ground and I can see him in the air and I can even toggle him in/out while flying. This is of course in external view, there is never a pilot figure in VC view at all!
    Larry

SOH-CM-2022
    Curiously I just tested the FSX version in FSX-SE and the pilot switch works perfectly.

I'll go check the P3D version again - maybe it was a glitch.

Gavin

Edit - I just reloaded P3D V4.5 and the pilots are working fine now in both the wheel and float version, I guess the gremlins have gone somewhere else.

Still can't find the spot on the undercarriage spot to click on to remove the spats but that's a minor issue.

2nd update - just noticed that the pilot switch works fine in the float version but in the wheeled version the pilot switch works on the ground but the pilots disappear as soon as the wheels leave the ground.

The pilots are in the plane on the ground but when I slew it up - there gone. If I lower the plane to the ground in slew mode they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The pilots are in the plane on the ground but when I slew it up - there gone. If I lower the plane to the ground in slew mode they appear.
    Sounds like a relationship between the pilots and landing gear.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The issue is in the model - with a erroneous condition on "Sim on ground".
    This has been fixed in the float model, but not in the normal one.

No solution other than patching the file...
    "Hazardous area, trained personnal only"

And can't be shared : intellectual property !

Gérard

No issue with the crew here during normal flying. Wheel spats are a pain, easier if you zoom in to either front quarter. Anywhere along either gear leg to the top of the tire works here.
    Good Luck.

Pilots appear fine using the "add pilot" switch. Using P3Dv4.5

EDIT: No, stop
    - the pilots appear after switching them on - then I change to outside view. They are visible inside the cockpit. Fine. But when I go back to cockpit view and again back to outside view, they are GONE.
    That's weird...

What about exchanging the interior model of the floats with the interior model of the wheels? Could this be a solution?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Pilots appear fine using the "add pilot" switch. Using P3Dv4.5

EDIT: No, stop
    - the pilots appear after switching them on - then I change to outside view. They are visible inside the cockpit. Fine. But when I go back to cockpit view and again back to outside view, they are GONE.
    That's weird...

What about exchanging the interior model of the floats with the interior model of the wheels? Could this be a solution?
    Nope, it didn't work for me.

Okay, did try everything - model.floats interior in wheel model, but everytime, when the C-140 takes off, the pilots disappear.

I surrender, so I uninstall the Cessna, not worth the nerves, not worth the hardware capacity.

But a great aircraft anyway with outstanding exterior/interior and a champions sound.
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2022
    As Gérard has identified the visibility condition on the wheel model is incorrect.

I managed to fix this last night but a bit of familiarity with MCX is needed.

Import the external model into the most recent release of MCX and you can see that there are a number of visibility conditions defined.
    The ones that interest us are "custom_vis_SIM_on_GROUND_00" and "custom_vis_switch_pilot_removal_01"

Now logically the pilot figures should have the "custom_vis_switch_pilot_removal_01" visibility condition (which they do in the float plane external model), however they have the "custom_vis_SIM_on_GROUND_00" condition applied which means they only appear on the ground.

If you use the Hierarchy Editor you can fix the visibility condition for all the pilot parts. Then recompile the model for P3D.

Alternatively just fly the non PBR wheeled models which work fine.

Gavin

Hi Gavin so will the non PBR model work in P3Dv5.3 ?
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Hi Gavin so will the non PBR model work in P3Dv5.3 ?
    I haven't tried it in 5.3 but don't see why not - there is one 32 bit GAU file that is used for some sounds. That obviously won't work and will need to be replaced by a 64 bit version (or just commented out if you don't mind losing the sounds).

Try it out and let us know.

Gavin

She works a treat no problems at all

If you use the Hierarchy Editor you can fix the visibility condition for all the pilot parts. Then recompile the model for P3D.
    Thanks for this. Used your MCX advice. Worked perfectly.
    Version: P3Dv5.4 HF2, CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.3 GHz with HT on, GPU: RTX 3080 12GB, RAM: 32GB DDR-5, MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Members who have read this thread: 0