FREEE dom - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FREEE dom

Msfs

When I saw the videos of MSFS and how cool it looked right down to the blades of grass, I was really impressed. However, IF I could afford to upgrade to a new computer AND thought of installing MSFS, the biggest drawback for me is that 15 years of collecting scenery and aircraft and the scenery and the repaints that I have created for myself and others would all be left behind by not being compatible with MSFS. Starting all over is not an option because of that. A lot of FS9 stuff works on FSX beautifully just as the RAF Honington that I just installed this afternoon. That is how I feel.

Actually MSFS does not require a NASA computer. I tried it just out of curiosity and runs smoothly on my potato. So, hardwarewise it is not a big investment.

Not With Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Actually MSFS does not require a NASA computer. I tried it just out of curiosity and runs smoothly on my potato. So, hardwarewise it is not a big investment.
    That may be true but it will not work with Windows 7 unfortunately and I am not buying a new OS for it. Same reason I have a lot of software that 10 does not like.

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for the generous gift! The links through Orbx app are live and was just able to download and install them to my sim! Time for some aviating!

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Yes - their idiotic webmaster arranged for me to be banned for no valid reason from their support forums years ago.
    Install ORBX Central, create a new login, download whatever you need. Simple as that.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks Bazzar for your kind and very generous offer

I've just picked up the C-119 and I'm very pleased with it.

Now , please excuse my ignorance, but I have a query .....

The C-119 is for FSX to P3Dv4, where as the DC-3 is listed for P3Dv4 only.

Is it possible to download and use the DC-3 in FSX:SE ?

Thanks again for your generosity.

Pete.

No, the DC-3/C47 package was developed for P3D only. It will not work in FSX. JF still carry (I think) the older DC-3 "Flying Legends" product we did.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for your reply.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    That may be true but it will not work with Windows 7 unfortunately and I am not buying a new OS for it.
    Worth noting you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You just follow the upgrade instructions and enter your Windows 7 serial number instead of a Windows 10 one.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I've just picked up the AH B-17 and He-111. Very many thanks for allowing these to be available FOC. There is a paint kit shipped with the Heinkel but not with the B-17 as far as I can see. Is it possible to get a paint kit for the B-17 anywhere please??

Thanks again AH!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hello everyone,

I will surely show you idiot, but I do not find download links !!!
    I installed orbx central, created my account, select aircraft ah, these have been: "open in orbx central"
    but after I do not know what to do to find the downloads !!!
    Can you help me?

Alain
    -

Alain,

Open 'Orbx Central', select your simulator from the drop-down menu in the top centre of the page and go to 'Store'. The aircraft available for that simulator will be shown down the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the one you want and then click 'Install' and follow the instructions. You can also select a partner company from the 'Partners' page if you wish. That will take you to the list of partner companies and you can choose your download from there. I found that you can only download and install stuff compatible with the simulator you name on the home page; if you want stuff for a different simulator you need to re-select it from the drop-down menu.

Hope that's a) right (!) and b) helpful!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!
    However, I do not progress!
    I recap my actions:
    -I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
    I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
    And after I do not know what To do!!!!
    -If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!
    I do not see anywhere "Install"
    Complicated all that !!!

Alain

Adding my thanks to Bazzar for this kind and generous offer. Hopefully I will also get to purchase for MSFS if I can ever get upgraded enough to fly that Sim.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I picked up a couple of aircraft I didn't already have but I appear to be having an issue with one of them and I know Bazzar is not providing support anymore so I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing as me or if it's just an issue on my end.

The aircraft in question is the Miles Hawk Speed Six and the problem lies with the canopy in VC view. For some reason the glass of the canopy seems to be too short to reach either the front or back of the cockpit and it sits like a glass cap on the pilot's head! If you zoom in the glass moves forward to the front of the cockpit but then you have a gap in your peripheral vision. If you pan around the glass moves fore and aft but again doesn't fit all the way around and has gaps depending on the zoom level. I have tried zooming in and out and using the provided eye-point tool but nothing seems to fix it.

I have never seen anything like this on the hundreds of single cockpit FSX/FS2004 aircraft I have flown over the years and it has me completely baffled as to (a) the cause and (b) how to fix it (bear in mind I am also a developer and know how to fix most model issues in FSX)!

Has anyone else picked up the Hawk and do they have the same issue? At the moment it's a no-fly aircraft unless I fly with the top back!
    Larry

Alain,
    I think 'Add to Account' is from the Orbx web-page, you need to have installed and be running the Orbx Central app on your Sim PC and select the required aircraft there.

My problem is getting a v4 product to show as visible to install in P3Dv5 - Orbx won't display them as it 'knows' they won't work, although of course they will!

Larry,
    the Miles Hawk works well for me in VR (Oculus Quest), no problem noticed with the canopy.

Incidentally, the old Miles factory was on TV last night - it's an old art-deco building threatened with demolition but locals are fighting to get it protected.

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!
    However, I do not progress!
    I recap my actions:
    -I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
    I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
    And after I do not know what To do!!!!
    -If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!
    I do not see anywhere "Install"
    Complicated all that !!!

Alain
    You should have a message come up 'Do you want to allow Orbx to make changes to your computer?'. Select 'Yes' and the install screen should come up. And yes it IS overly complex....!! You could also try opening the 'Aircraft' screen from the main page and see if the aircraft you want is listed there. It may have a green tick by it. Click that link, but at some stage you will be asked if you want Orbx to make changes to your computer.

Good Luck!

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I picked up a couple of aircraft I didn't already have but I appear to be having an issue with one of them and I know Bazzar is not providing support anymore so I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing as me or if it's just an issue on my end.

The aircraft in question is the Miles Hawk Speed Six and the problem lies with the canopy in VC view. For some reason the glass of the canopy seems to be too short to reach either the front or back of the cockpit and it sits like a glass cap on the pilot's head! If you zoom in the glass moves forward to the front of the cockpit but then you have a gap in your peripheral vision. If you pan around the glass moves fore and aft but again doesn't fit all the way around and has gaps depending on the zoom level. I have tried zooming in and out and using the provided eye-point tool but nothing seems to fix it.

I have never seen anything like this on the hundreds of single cockpit FSX/FS2004 aircraft I have flown over the years and it has me completely baffled as to (a) the cause and (b) how to fix it (bear in mind I am also a developer and know how to fix most model issues in FSX)!

Has anyone else picked up the Hawk and do they have the same issue? At the moment it's a no-fly aircraft unless I fly with the top back!
    Larry I also just loaded the Hawk, but I don't have the issue you describe. Maybe try a Sim reload or reinstallation of the airplane in Orbx Central?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

This offer is very tempting. However, it seems that I'm faced with a couple issues.

First, my install of ORBX products dates back to 2013 when purchased from the Flight Sim Store. Although I have an account with ORBX, I'll need to get my purchases registered with them.

Second, my ORBX scenery runs with ORBX Central 2.1, so I'd have to update to Central 4.0. I'm still going through their forum posts and Help Center to figure out how to proceed.

Anyone care to share their experiences in updating to ORBX Central 4.0 in FSXA?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Larry I also just loaded the Hawk, but I don't have the issue you describe. Maybe try a Sim reload or reinstallation of the airplane in Orbx Central?
    I just re-installed the Hawk (twice) and still get the same results. I have attached some pics of what I see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VC_3_a.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	86264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VC_1_a.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	552.5 KB 
ID:	86262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VC_2_a.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	559.7 KB 
ID:	86263
    Larry

Hi, I just installed the He-111. Very detailed. I like my planes to be historically correct. Where is this tail switcher utility located. Can't find it in the paint kit zip. Thanks Robert

I have always had this same effect with the Miles Hawk when using TrackIR. There seems to be a very limited area where your head needs to be in order not to see the missing glass.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Yes, it's because the small canopy is so tight to the pilots head - I was just lucky I think, just tried again and I get the issue if I lift my head but not if I snuggle down, I need to remember how to move the seat position for several of these AH models in VR
    The Typhoon would be worth getting just for the starting sequence

This is a great gift to us flightsimmers!! Many thanks for this freeware!!

hertzie

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Yes, it's because the small canopy is so tight to the pilots head - I was just lucky I think, just tried again and I get the issue if I lift my head but not if I snuggle down, I need to remember how to move the seat position for several of these AH models in VR
    Thanks for the tips/comments guys as I have now fixed my issue by moving my eyepoint slightly in the .cfg file. I can now pan around without losing the glass unless I zoom in or out. I tried moving it with the supplied gauge but had no luck with that.

Keith, if you have issues with other aircraft try adjusting the eyepoint value in the aircraft.cfg file (Views section/eyepoint). There are key commands for moving your eyepoint while in the VC but these only work for that session and you lose your changes if you end the flight. If you edit the .cfg file it remembers every time you select the aircraft. Here are my settings for the Hawk:

Views
    eyepoint= -2.5, 0.0, 1.25 //-2.2, 0.0, 1.25

For reference I only moved the eyepoint back from -2.2 to -2.5 and the number groups represent fore/aft, left/right and up/down in feet from the datum position. Just make the changes, save the .cfg file and then reload the aircraft to check the results. Rinse and repeat as necessary. This applies to every aircraft in the sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    The Typhoon would be worth getting just for the starting sequence
    I've always found CTRL+E works faultlessly with the Tiffy!
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 2