TV as Monitor?

Thread: TV as Monitor?

Hybrid View

TV as Monitor?

Monitor question (those of you on FB will recognize this!): A 40" Vizio TV has dropped into my lap. It's resolution is no more than my current monitor, 1920x1080, so I would not expect a performance hit (correct?). With the PC off, I unplug the HDMI cable from the monitor and into the TV, and frankly, everything works great, other games included, only CFS3 (all installs) won't start (I get the splash screen then nothing). When I plug back into my regular monitor, they work fine. Any monitor education would be welcome!

As someone who uses a: 46” Samsung 630 LED LCD TV as my main monitor ( + 2 27"Acer Monitors) for years, I have no issues.

Check PC display settings? Using Win 10 OS?

Check Vizio HDMI settings?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Nothing seems out of the ordinary. The Vizio HDMI is 1080, nothing seems odd with the PC setting either. THe only thing I can think at this point is that the monitor registers only as 'Generic PnP monitor' and I can't find any specific Vizio drivers for it (SV420XVT 1A).

It had defaulted to 150% desktop view and I thought for sure that was it, but when I set it back to 100%, no difference.

Hmm! It's been a while so I can't remember the original Samsung set up and the only drivers I use are the Nvidia ones for the video card.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2023
    I plugged my 50" 12 year old Samsung TV into the HDMI port on my laptop (bought a 5 metre HDMI cable) the set up the screens as if there were two monitors - the TV as screen 2. There is a blank period when changing over which is one of the F series keys plus Alt command IIRC. Good luck
    Keith

I had a problem similar to this with another sim.It turned out to be the refresh rate.Sometimes they are different with a monitor and a TV.

Hiede

If it's the refresh rate, what would I do with CFS3 to fix it? I don't see refresh rate as a setting.

Members who have read this thread: 0