Fouga is out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fouga is out

Fouga is out

Found this hiding in the Marketplace. Very nice.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

How is the cockpit? Care to share a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
    How is the cockpit? Care to share a screenshot?
    I just closed MSFS, but here is a review that shows the pit. It's very good, but at times a bit dark. Many, many functional click spots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhGIBZWufI

The model is very nice on every level, a good bit of systems and animation functionality, flies very well. The sound is superb, I can attest having seen and heard the type up close. Nicely priced as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you guys tried the freeware Fouga by Restauravia? It's really nice, and wondering if the Azurepoly version is different enough to justify a purchase if you're not a hardcore Fouga fan?

http://restauravia.fr/html/msfs.html

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Have you guys tried the freeware Fouga by Restauravia? It's really nice, and wondering if the Azurepoly version is different enough to justify a purchase if you're not a hardcore Fouga fan?

http://restauravia.fr/html/msfs.html
    The Azurepoly version is nicer in a number of ways. The only thing I am wondering about is if this new version is a bit overpowered? It is certainly faster & accelerates quicker than the freeware version. Otherwise, it's super nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bryant, I've been DYING for this one, but I HATE buying anything from the MS Marketplace. Did you get a paintkit with it? AzurPoly said they would be including one. I'm hoping it ends up on Simmarket...I'd rather buy it there.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Have you guys tried the freeware Fouga by Restauravia? It's really nice, and wondering if the Azurepoly version is different enough to justify a purchase if you're not a hardcore Fouga fan?http://restauravia.fr/html/msfs.html
    If you are on a strict budget for this stuff, I'd certantly recommend the freeware from restrauravia. I do really like what Azurepoly has done with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Bryant, I've been DYING for this one, but I HATE buying anything from the MS Marketplace. Did you get a paintkit with it? AzurPoly said they would be including one. I'm hoping it ends up on Simmarket...I'd rather buy it there.

Kent
    Kent, I just got done looking, I did not find a paint kit in the files that were automatically downloaded from MSMP, I also checked the Dev's site, didn't see anything there either. I guess it is possible they will be releasing it later. It's a sharp model, glad to have it. Yeah, they should be adding it to Simmarket pretty soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AzurPoly says this'll be coming to SimMarket eventually. I wish they had an ETA. I hate the Marketplace but this looks phenomenal. I have the freeware and enjoy it, but this looks to be next level. I might have to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    AzurPoly says this'll be coming to SimMarket eventually. I wish they had an ETA. I hate the Marketplace but this looks phenomenal. I have the freeware and enjoy it, but this looks to be next level. I might have to go for it.
    can anyone elaborate on the advantages of this one over the Restauravia freeware, which I happen to like a lot?
    And indeed, the marketplace is also not my favourite shop..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I have both but have only had one brief spin in this aircraft. Modelling is very good, in line with what you'd expect from MSFS-native payware and several notches above Restauravia, however I think the Restauravia flight model seems to be more convincing. This one seems very overpowered for a Magister, take-off and landing speeds seem very high, as does roll rate. Lovely model though!

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    I have both but have only had one brief spin in this aircraft. Modelling is very good, in line with what you'd expect from MSFS-native payware and several notches above Restauravia, however I think the Restauravia flight model seems to be more convincing. This one seems very overpowered for a Magister, take-off and landing speeds seem very high, as does roll rate. Lovely model though!
    How would you compare the quality of the sound between the two? This aircraft had a very distinctive engine note particulalry when taxiing.

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    How would you compare the quality of the sound between the two? This aircraft had a very distinctive engine note particulalry when taxiing.
    Purely qualitative on my part, the sound of the AP model is superior overall to the freeware. It has some very nice tones on start up and throttle up. Lots of wind noise with air brake deployment. Landing and using the tail dragger to bleed air actually works. Having never ridden in one, or heard one in person, my opinion does not matter much. I do not know how accurate the flight model is. Noted the trim sims really sensitive. For the price, the payware has wonderful detail throughout and appears to be very bug free at launch. This is like a decison between the freeware Optica and the payware Orbx Optica. Both are nice.

Great free model used since dec 2021...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211214 FougaMagister_sol.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	342.5 KB 
ID:	86203

Name:	20211214 FougaMagister_tdb.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	86204

Name:	20211214 FougaMagister_vol.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	86205
    Enjoy !
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Fouga Repaints

I really like the payware Magister but not seen any repaints for her yet. Some German air force camo's would be nice....

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    I really like the payware Magister but not seen any repaints for her yet. Some German air force camo's would be nice....
    I saw the searched texture with the free model.
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by zetar View Post
    I saw the searched texture with the free model.
    This thread is about the payware model which is visually superior, however Restauravia's is good too.

And the AzurPoly Fouga is now available on Simmarket...flies nice.

Kent

patch out tonight in market place / content manager also

New German silver markings out on .to

Okay, I remarked uptopic that I wasn't interested enough in this particular plane to buy a payware version when the excellent (for freeware) Restauravia version exists.

Then it went on sale this week on the Marketplace for $12.49. I had $10 in credit from Bing Rewards, so what the heck, for $2.49...

WOW. What a beautifully rendered model. The cockpit looks nice but the exterior detail's just wonderful. Sound's really nice.

As this is written (April 10, 2022) it's $12.49 on the MS Marketplace, and you can download an add-on from the Azurpoly website to enable weapons on the Marketplace model. Killer deal!

17 ozzie $ on Orbx for those who've been bitten by the marketplace.

How much better is the cockpit than the freeware version? Particularly in VR

Also, how do I find out how much Bing reward I have? Do I just try to pay using it?

Members who have read this thread: 1