MILIVZ to Cease P3D Development - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MILIVZ to Cease P3D Development

Absolutely~

I will add, after 22 years in the digital software industry if you think flight sim is the only software venture Cr1 dose, then your delusional and out to lunch.
    Another thing, where ever did we the mad ones ever say we were not building for Msfs??
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

"We consider the amount of sales irrelevant to continued development for flight simulation and don’t consider ourselves mad for doing so."

If you are not running a business for profit, then of course you are not mad for continuing to build for the sim. We wish we had the time and resources to do this stuff just for fun. We are not that fortunate.

I did not find any discount (50% off) of any P3D products.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I did not find any discount (50% off) of any P3D products.
    Its a plan (what I know). This 50% reduction is not yet operational.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    "We consider the amount of sales irrelevant to continued development for flight simulation and don’t consider ourselves mad for doing so."

If you are not running a business for profit, then of course you are not mad for continuing to build for the sim. We wish we had the time and resources to do this stuff just for fun. We are not that fortunate.
    Understood. Not ruling out future MSFS development but not quite ready to endure Asobo's ongoing SU that break earlier versions of models developed. Good luck with your new direction

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its a plan (what I know). This 50% reduction is not yet operational.

The reduction is already reflected in the published price. The published prices are 50% lower than before, but you will not see any "50% off" language. e.g. DHC-3T Turbo Otter used to be priced at $40. It is now priced at $19.99.

FYI

Don
    Version: P3Dv5.4 HF2, CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.3 GHz with HT on, GPU: RTX 3080 12GB, RAM: 32GB DDR-5, MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Shame as I was looking forward to their C-130J to replace the Captain Sim "J" look alike... But did mean a sale for the Skyraider

Trouble is most dev's didnt drop FSX at all or even drop Pd3 V1-3 as those sim's became old. Most continued with FSX as that was still popular but that shows what some of the market share goes for.

There appears to be some confusion between how popular the sim is and how large the market for new add-ons is. I don't think anyone would argue that the sim is still extremely popular and for some, has a better flight model than MSFS. But whilst large numbers may well be still flying the sim, hardly anyone is buying for it. And that factor is the one that decides a developer on whether to keep building or transfer that energy and resource to a healthier marketplace.

As a result, for the new models, there are only amateurs left who develop freeware (lol)!
    JMC

A couple of thoughts after scanning all the above.
    Flight model and eye candy are equally important to me - I am hoping, and expecting, that just as with eye candy, MSFS will soon equal of exceed the other sims in flight modelling.
    MILIVZ might have even more sales if they enabled the sim’s “turn off engine damage” feature to be able to be used, as the developers of the Spitfire have done - sometimes you just want to fly for fun or whatever without having to get all the settings/controls right to be able to fly (sorry, a bit off topic).
    Cheers.

Members who have read this thread: 1