F6F from Flying Iron coming...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6F from Flying Iron coming...

F6F from Flying Iron coming...

https://flyingironsimulations.com/bl...7p65vyw567ICyQ

Coincidentally I just had a good session with Grav and the F6F over Duxford this afternoon in my P51D 🙂 Couldn't see the model but it climbs and aerobats well!

And a 190 and 109 in the pipeline as well!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Brilliant news indeed! An F6F, 109 and 190? And all that in flyingiron quality? just brilliant!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hmm, I'll wait until the P-38 gets a patch for the starters and maybe the flight model before I'll purchase again. Okay, it might be that I have a slight fetisch on engine handling in the sim.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Hmm, I'll wait until the P-38 gets a patch for the starters and maybe the flight model before I'll purchase again. Okay, it might be that I have a slight fetisch on engine handling in the sim.
    You just wait, no worries, while we have fun
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Wow, great news! Many developers have forgotten about this plane, which, after all, has many pages in its history.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm very excited about the Hellcat (and will be of the Fw 190 and Bf 109G as they progress as well).

By all real world accounts, the Hellcat is a real sweetheart to fly, and one of the nicest handling of all WWII fighters.

For me, a depiction of Fagen Fighters WWII Museum's restored Hellcat will be a must. Restored by Fighter Rebuilders, it is one of the most authentically-restored Hellcats to-date - fully stock throughout, and with the proper dash model R-2800 equipped with a fully functioning two-stage supercharger. It has a very distinctive whistle when it flies.

Photo Copyright: Michael O'Leary

Photo Copyright: Scott Slocum

It was manufactured as an F6F-5N night fighter variant, so it was restored with the proper night fighter instrument panel as well (would be neat to have as an option in addition to the standard day fighter instrument panel).

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    You just wait, no worries, while we have fun
    Feel free to enjoy!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

A small development update for the F6F Hellcat:
    Cowling flaps, Oil Cooler flaps and Intercooler Flaps - all open in this shot - got to do their jobs. Cowling flaps cool the Cylinder Head Temperatures (the engine itself basically); especially during taxi, take-off and high power climbs. Oil Cooler flaps do exactly what you expect them to do...they provide additional cooling for the Hellcat's lifeblood. And finally we have the Intercooler, responsible for managing the carburator air temperature.

All are needed at various times and in various settings to keep this hot girl cool. You can't just leave them open though. Oil may become too cool. Your carburator may ice up. Plus, each and every external component has drag accurately modelled. The cowling flaps alone will cost you 10mph, as they do in the real aircraft.

All 3 cooling systems are manually operated by the pilot. They will be part of your job, and are a vital part of managing the 2000HP Pratt & Whitney radial engine. Make that 2250HP with a little water injection.

I loved the Vertigo version of the Hellcat and miss it in MSFS. This one looks to be just a good, with the bonus of some engine management. It looks like they really caught the shape and love the (digital) hand-painted look of the Princeton mouth. I hope the armored glass isn't protruding from the windscreen, but it could be just that last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I hope the armored glass isn't protruding from the windscreen, but it could be just that last shot.
    From first sight it looks that way, yet the glass which covers it has some sunshine on it and white clouds behind it:

Some other shots show it better:

Marcel

Thw new shots, however +1 for era carrier, not this one .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've been really looking forward to the Hellcat. I'm a bit disappointed though that they are still using the same cartoonish-looking prop textures as they introduced with their last P-38 update. Everything else about it looks pretty good.

It would be cool to have the option of a radar pod, only if it doesn't hinder the release....

This is looking really good. It's been a long time since we've had an F6F in this line of sims. As for the props from the last P-38 update, I like the effect. Cartoony or not, once on the ground, seeing those two big props whirring away in opposite directions so close to my head (VR...) added to the immersion for me. Don't know if it will work for a single engine fighter or not, but I will wait until the release to form an opinion. Either way, looking forward to flying a Hellcat in this sim, and this shop has not dissapointed yet.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    This is looking really good. It's been a long time since we've had an F6F in this line of sims. As for the props from the last P-38 update, I like the effect. Cartoony or not, once on the ground, seeing those two big props whirring away in opposite directions so close to my head (VR...) added to the immersion for me. Don't know if it will work for a single engine fighter or not, but I will wait until the release to form an opinion. Either way, looking forward to flying a Hellcat in this sim, and this shop has not dissapointed yet.
    The same, the last Helcat which I was flying it was in FSX's time, model was Vertigo Studios so it was a long time ago! I dont know why devs forgot about this very known aircraft from Pacific conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I'm very excited about the Hellcat (and will be of the Fw 190 and Bf 109G as they progress as well).

By all real world accounts, the Hellcat is a real sweetheart to fly, and one of the nicest handling of all WWII fighters.

For me, a depiction of Fagen Fighters WWII Museum's restored Hellcat will be a must. Restored by Fighter Rebuilders, it is one of the most authentically-restored Hellcats to-date - fully stock throughout, and with the proper dash model R-2800 equipped with a fully functioning two-stage supercharger. It has a very distinctive whistle when it flies.

Photo Copyright: Michael O'Leary

Photo Copyright: Scott Slocum

It was manufactured as an F6F-5N night fighter variant, so it was restored with the proper night fighter instrument panel as well (would be neat to have as an option in addition to the standard day fighter instrument panel).

With a well modelled modern pilot figure!

I hope that they will work on pilot too .

Hoping we can have the default ASOBO modern pilot work with this bird. Stephen Grey always flew the Fighter Collection Hellcat in a white bone dome !!

And fix the insignias and liveries. It ain't that hard.

Much as I like what Flying Iron are doing ( I'm still trying to decide between their Spitfire and P-38 ), I'd love to see them model some of the less-glamorous aircraft, such as the Grumman Avenger or SB2C Helldiver. The Hellcat does look good, though.

and intermediate blue colour looks a little different. WIP perhaps.

Hi,

Yes the aircraft will have a WWII pilot and modern default ones (like with the current Spitfire and P-38).

If you can list all what can be improved, please do so, I can pass it on.

Marcel

Members who have read this thread: 1