Perplexed

Thread: Perplexed

Perplexed

I,m back in the saddle again , taken a refresher course , to relearn things long passed ,
    M-rider first -- DEI airfields -- Land class and water tiles , and airfields worked great ,
    Added the GSL -- not so good - I,m getting huge black squares , and way to many of them ,--
    but no prompt as in cannot find serial number -- that would relate to something missing --
    I pulled out the DEI Gsl -- and every thing is fine -- put it back in and the black city comes back -
    there are some of lyndsays building, I see , this time I took off , and watched the black
    squares rotate to face me -- as in a tree file , that's missing -- or a texture type , bmp
    of wrong formate , Next I tried to open the Gsl via my editor -- no dice -- it would not read it --
    Corrupted zip file , Down load again , same results , I tossed it out , went for upgrade Vr 2 DEI ,
    reset everything , Same problem , black city squares on 8 of the 14 runways --
    back to the editor for viewing -- It loaded up this time -- what I see is an entrée for
    LW Palm Tree _L
    I can find no Infoe Jpg or Scene Db infoe Texture call bmp to match , and no object Dp for it ,
    I rechecked the resource zip for LW -- not there -- I,m thinking some where along the line
    I missed an updated entrée for , Now does any body have an idea , where to look for such an animal ?

Library Staff
    Hi Sarg,

Did you install MR's 2019 DEI package? If not, I would delete any earlier versions and install that one. The trees in that package are prefixed LDW.

Good luck,
    Kevin

Thanks guys , Kevin I got to Mr,s site , downloaded Lynsay,s textures --
    Something ate a few of Lynsay,s textures , V palm trees and 1 Eucqalips tree Texture ,
    Put them back in with a copy to texture root files -- Makes the black trees go away --
    Round about way to find it though , Used Martins editor , pulled out lay files ,
    then compaired the lay files of those working -- to the black buildings ,

Now all is well , one small land class to track down ,
    a half dozen building s sitting in water , No big deal I could move em I suppose ,

Library Staff
    Hi Willy,

MR's latest packages are based on Rhumba's water masks from 2009, while his earlier works are based on stock scenery which can be enhanced by Rhumba's water and coast files from 2007.

Make sure the 2009 water masks are active and, if you have them, the 2007 water and coast files are deactivated.

It's a bit of a nuisance, I know, when moving around the PTO, you have to activate and deactivate scenery layers depending on their age.

In order to complete the DEI scenery, I recommend installing packages by Onnogras and Arndt. In addition, Skylane's Air War over Malaya and the East Indies campaign contains improved scenery for Sumatra by Devildog, Rami, UncleTgt and me.

Have fun!

Wind 7 64 bit , Got the scenery files installed , Formosa , DEI, Paluew , Pac air Ferry ,DoBo , Henderson , mine bay , then put in the Gsl , after looking at the bare air fields , Free Flight ,
    all was fine , All showed up , Reviewed all the Gsl buildings for each airfield , checking for black squares , all gone now ,
    Return to free flight I get a prompt , missing data base files or corrupted source files ,
    followed by Failed to iniciate Q-Combat , source ,
    Missions and campaigne load ok , No Free Flight -- No Q-Combat !
    Gutted the Root directory 5 times , copy from a working install, Deleted all the index files each time,
    replaced Q-Combat, folder , Sim , Situatoe , moduals , and the aircraft folder ,
    The airfields all show up as do the loaded aircraft ,
    What now the 12 gauge ?

This will either be the 100 aircraft/ship model limit, or just too many objects (hardware dependent, but usually 1400 - 2000 objects).

Go through your OBJECTS_DP folder & archive all the CFS1 & obvious ETO objects & weapons to bring that total down.

Hope this fixes it for you

|Thanks Uncle ,
    Running stock aircraft only , and 1200 Object Dp,s ,
    But I,ll chop the Dp,s back and see what happens ,

Update Took out 20 Brit Ships , Install is Just C drive , Check administrative control Yes ,
    deactivate add on scenery , Object dps now 1,065 ,
    The same hard Drive Battle of Britain uses 1,349 OBj Dp no problem -- with the Brit Ships ,
    returned to stock Gsl -- no fix --
    Cd install Pacfic -- third set up -- loads fine ,
    Redid the Info Airbase , 3 times ,
    Deactivate all add on scenery , Rumpys mesh and water ,
    The air fields all show up , the installed air craft I can select ,

back to the drawing board , wind 7 me thinks flagged it some how ,
    off net too ,
    Last edited by Sarg Willy; January 24th, 2022 at 20:54.

Sarg

Thinking out loud here - is it that you have too many airbases installed?
    Try deactivating some of add-on airfields + see if that brings back FF & QC

Stock airfields Pac and Mr-s for 154 entrees -- dumped out the Root Scenery file for the stock Pacific replacement , and also Scen Db library -scenery folder, still locks out , yet campaigns and missions ,
    entry is allowed -- added in the mission builder -- locks down too ,

something I.ve never noticed before , is the stock load out ,working copy , from the Cd ,
    is reading the quick combat listing air craft , in the display window , and printing out a different
    naming convention , not the the Cfg naming convention , and not taken from the air file either ?
    and not showing up with in the Quick combat file as seen from notepad , I,ve deleted both files ,
    replaced the qc root mission and and QC file and it till errors ,
    Wind 7 -- how to view for hidden files -- Xp and 98 I figured those out , I click properties ,
    but cannot find view hidden files ?
    There has to be something I,m missing , Some where I,ts renaming the aircraft , but not from the 6 root data files

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Wind 7 -- how to view for hidden files -- Xp and 98 I figured those out , I click properties ,
    but cannot find view hidden files ?
    There has to be something I,m missing , Some where I,ts renaming the aircraft , but not from the 6 root data files
    Yo Willy;

Go to: Control Panel, Folder Options, View

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show hidden files.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	86156
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Thanks Dirtman although the laptop appears to be somewhat different , I managed to find it ,
    I discarded the Pacfic theater , Re-installed , and started adding the M-R airfields back in --
    on the stock install -- obj dps =988 -- trimed down , Lyndsy,s Bgl,s have always caused me greif ,
    long list of can,t find , and what looks like missing texture,s for some building,s ,

Status up date , I have it still working , and I think the aircraft naming convention , was the issue
    that started the mess , took out the Ai no fly,s , for replacement , and although the out side folder
    was correctly named -- the cfg - was different , and it locked up free flight and Q-Combat ,
    my best guess , the matching three entress have to be the same , Q-Combat mission , Q-Combat data file ,
    and the correct Cfg,s , So swapping out , aircraft for a different texture , could upset the apple cart ,
    that use a distinguishing Cfg Call , Still a couple of missing objects from the stock Henderson field ,
    that I have to track down -- 154 airfields all show up , 996 Object Dp,s , used the same GSL ,
    and found out that wind 7 counts up the CDP,s adding to your total , Well at least I can get back
    to site seeing , looking for errors ,

Ok but all was short lived -- back to square one -- No Q-Combat -- No Free Flight --
    no wonder I have grey hair , I added Sbx Jap soilders , and Jag,s Damaged wolfi buildings ,-
    ripped out Ob Dps to 999 --

rt Clicked on mdlnames = 36.2 kb , --- striped it back to 27.1 kb -- Pacfic theater -
    remove German Item,s , and ships ,

Uricka instant fix -- the return of Gui entrees !

Thank,s Uncle , the tip hardware specific limit,s --
    The exe was already patched to 4 gig,s ram too --

Members who have read this thread: 0