Aeroplane Heaven P-51D released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven P-51D released

Love that one Jan.

Anyone know which texture sheet has the fuselage antenna, and where it's located on that sheet? Trial and error so far, I've not found it.

Btw. Nice 3D presentation about Mustang:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Anyone know which texture sheet has the fuselage antenna, and where it's located on that sheet? Trial and error so far, I've not found it.
    Not sure, but my guess would be top right corner of 1001?

Meanwhile, I've uploaded these two:
    jk2117 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk2104 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

'He's a very naughty boy'

Here's an interesting comparison - this is John Terrell's (WBS) P-51D-10-NA in P3Dv5.3, model and textures modified for PBR; correct 'Dallas' hood and 108 gal paper tanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dallas 1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	86241

Just thought I'd toss that one in!

DaveQ

PS - Beautiful work as always JK!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post

Just thought I'd toss that one in!

DaveQ

PS - Beautiful work as always JK!
    I think I painted that one too?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

It's in the post above......!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    For any repainters, I solved the mystery.

Name:	LS IN SHADOW.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	86249 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS IN SUN 2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	464.2 KB 
ID:	86250

Depending on the light direction, the sunny side is clear whereas the shaded side is all black.

Name:	RS IN SHADOW.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	661.5 KB 
ID:	86251 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS IN SUN.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	466.2 KB 
ID:	86252

The problem is that, on the default COMP file for texture 1001, the RED channel, or the Ambient Occlusion, is in the dark. This section needs to be made white in order for both sides to be illuminated properly.

Name:	ISSUE WITH AO.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	86253

Mystery solved. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    It should be: "\..\..\ac_flyingiron-spitfire\SimObjects\Airplanes\flyingiron_spitfire\ sound\"

Cheers

Priller
    Sorry - please can I double check that I am doing this correctly - my P-51 and Spitfire are in my E/MSFS/Community/.... drive

I am copying the following "\..\..\ac_flyingiron-spitfire\SimObjects\Airplanes\flyingiron_spitfire\ sound\" into the sound section of the individual aircraft livery cfg

However I am not getting the Spit sound. I deleted the space before \sound in the final string above

any help gratefully received

jk2288 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 6