Ant's Airplanes Drifter free demo/beta pre release - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ant's Airplanes Drifter free demo/beta pre release

Lovely plane, works well in VR and it can even soar in the right weather 😀

Thanks everyone for your comments and testing.

I have now completed the Drifter. You may download the version 1.00 of the free demo here: www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsDrifterDemoMSFS.zip

Alternatively there is the product page which has a download link for the demo and paintkit (I've even updated my website after over 10 years using the old format, the new screenshot gallery is nice).

www.antsairplanes.com/msfsdrifter.html

The payware version should be available very soon (like the next day or two, it's currently the middle of Sunday night in Europe).

Next, onto the Tiger Moth.

thanks for the Drifter, Anthony - it's just great!

looking forward to getting your Tiger Moth when you have her ready - it was one of my regular fliers in FSX

Last edited by heywooood; January 23rd, 2022 at 15:52.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Congratulations on your first MSFS release! Glad to have your aircraft coming to our hangars. I'll buy this as soon as it's available. Edit: Bought it!

Pleased to see this in msfs

I'm really happy this has now come to msfs, I had it in FSX and P3D and always enjoyed slow sight seeing it allowed.
    With the improved msfs vfr visuals this should be a treat.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Anthony- I posted about the Drifter elsewhere, please consider removing “COMING SOON”… it may dissuade a customer.She’s really good- thanks!C

Thanks cavaricooper. I forgot to remove that bit. I have updated it now so it says AVAILABLE NOW. You might need to refresh the page though, many browsers cache the page.

Hey Mods, you edited Anthony's original post to add the SimMarket purchase link, but he sells it directly too. Maybe update the edit to point to the page on his site, which offers direct purchase (so he doesn't have to give XX% to SimMarket or Just Flight) and has the link to the other purchase sites too?

https://antsairplanes.com/msfsdrifter.html

Also, the top post links to the beta demo. The final demo is here:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...erDemoMSFS.zip

Fixed - thanks!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Anthony-

I do NOT have VR and am just using the MSFS camera system. I set up the view for the pilot looking forward, down, left and right. I believe I have confused the eyepoint arrows, as I have been testing something in P3D recently... so perhaps I was moving the pilot into the passenger seat (behind and above). Sorry for the mix-up. Glad you are in agreement re. the yaw string, and very much looking forward to the Moth!

C
    Hmmm, finally installed the demo, but on my view I see pilot, which prevents us from looking ahead (glasses and such as and the body below). Is it possible to remove the pilot body from VC (but leaving it in external view)? Yes, I use VR ... .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hmmm, finally installed the demo, but on my view I see pilot, which prevents us from looking ahead (glasses and such as and the body below). Is it possible to remove the pilot body from VC (but leaving it in external view)? Yes, I use VR ... .
    Hey YoYo, I just updated from the beta to the release demo, and I do NOT see the pilot in VR mode, using an HP Reverb G2 headset.

Anthony mentioned this above, in case you're not using the default VR pilot view:
    ...if you are creating you own edits to the cameras.cfg then make sure you include NodesToHide ="XMLVAR_PilotHidden" in the CAMERADEFINITION. That will hide the pilot in that camera.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Hey YoYo, I just updated from the beta to the release demo, and I do NOT see the pilot in VR mode, using an HP Reverb G2 headset.

Anthony mentioned this above, in case you're not using the default VR pilot view:
    on default position no pilot, right, but for me alwayes default positions are bad, too low or too close, I used custom views (so saved positions, something like in Chaseplane for FSX/P3D). Looks like this body is present on 2D and 3D view. Thx, i’ll try this tip.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo-You will see earlier in the thread I had the same issue. I realize the position I was using was actually the passengers view. Once I dropped it down a little bit everything worked OK.HTH- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    YoYo-You will see earlier in the thread I had the same issue. I realize the position I was using was actually the passengers view. Once I dropped it down a little bit everything worked OK.HTH- C
    Thanks I will try this entry ("XMLVAR_PilotHidden"). Question - can it be done from the tablet in the payware version (removing the pilot's body from the VC view)?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Thanks I will try this entry ("XMLVAR_PilotHidden"). Question - can it be done from the tablet in the payware version (removing the pilot's body from the VC view)?
    This is interesting because one feature I would like to see is the ability to have a headless pilot body in the VC for VR use.
    They already do it in some race sims such as Assetto Corsa.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    This is interesting because one feature I would like to see is the ability to have a headless pilot body in the VC for VR use.
    They already do it in some race sims such as Assetto Corsa.
    in some models of DCS you can see it also, but the problem here is that you see … the head of pilot too, not only the corps .

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Carl, if you are creating you own edits to the cameras.cfg then make sure you include NodesToHide ="XMLVAR_PilotHidden"
    in the CAMERADEFINITION. That will hide the pilot in that camera.
    Anthony,
    where I must put this entry?
    I see this on my custom (saved) view:

Model has CAMERADEFINITION from 0 to 45 in cameras.cfg.

Ok, good news, finally I know (with help of Anthony) where custom, saved views are. Here is the solution:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ 8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes

There should be a folder for each aircraft so you open the antsairplanes-drifter-a-582-demo one and in there is the cameras.CFG. Open that with a text editor and then insert

NodesToHide ="XMLVAR_PilotHidden"

Now, no pilot in 2D or VR custom view! Great!

Members who have read this thread: 0