Thrustmaster T16000M FCS joystick issue

Thread: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS joystick issue

Thrustmaster T16000M FCS joystick issue

Anyone out there using one of these? Mine has stopped holding level flight after airborne.
    I have to hold back on stick to maintain level flight. Also a couple of buttons have failed.
    Maybe time to replace.

Have you checked the calibration to see if there is forward movement (nose down) on the stick when it's sitting at center?

It is setting on the center. I have recalibrated several times. No joy!

I know many use the Logitec 3d and I have tried it, but is not weighted and for me the the spring is too stiff and and the whole stick moves on my movements.

My first one was the green LED version, but shortly after buying that one I bought one of the amber LED versions. I have been using the amber LED version for several years now without any problems. Note that I've used this stick QUITE frequently... I usually play CFS2 single player missions at least once a day, many times for several hours. This over the course of the past few years, never had a problem.

How old is your stick, and does the lighted portion of it turn off when you release the stick? If the lighted part illuminates when you move the stick and then turns off when you release the stick, I'd say that it was probably Windows calibration. That being said, you also said that several of the buttons have quite working, so that sounds like that the stick might be crapping out.

Either way, try plugging the stick into another USB port on your PC, and re-calibrating it in Windows.

P.S. (re: Logitech joysticks) This is a copy 'n' paste of one of my older messages here in the forum:

My father had a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that he bought back in 2004 or so. He used this joystick extensively throughout the years, and then I inherited it back in 2014.

I used that stick until about a year and a half ago when it started having issues with the down position of the HAT switch as well as one of the buttons in the base. So I figured, what the heck, might as well buy a new one.

Low and behold, I discovered that the new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joysticks were NOT built as well as the older versions... even though they have the EXACT SAME part number.

The first one that I bought started having centering problems due to the centering spring being weaker in the newer versions of the joystick compared to the older versions, and I discovered that this was the norm for ALL of the newer versions. They start to develop HORRIBLE play in the handle after a few short months of moderate use.

It was still under warranty and I exchanged it. 10 months later, same problem, so I got a warranty replacement for that one as well. 3 months later, SAME problem, so I got yet ANOTHER warranty replacement.

I then bought ANOTHER one new, and it developed the centering issue 5 months later... got a warranty replacement for that one too.

Anyhow, I currently have about SEVEN of these warranty replacement joysticks laying around (not including dad's original), and I finally decided to completely throw in the towel with Logitech joysticks. I ended up Frankenstein-ing dad's, using parts from the newer ones I had laying around (replaced the HAT switch board, as well as the switch boards for the switches in the base of the joystick).

Dad's worked fine now, but I was still quite fed up with the lower quality of the newer versions of the joystick.

Anyways, long story short, I purchased a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, and I LOVE THAT JOYSTICK... and will NEVER return to the Logitech. The T.16000M FCS is a bit more $ than the Logitech, but it beats it, HANDS-DOWN. Compared to the Logitech joysticks, it's SUPER smooth, SUPER precise, the twist grip has more deflection to it (and is really precise), and the stick itself is a dream to operate and use

Members who have read this thread: 1